eBay Watch

Rate this topic

BosKonay

With postage I reckon this would have cost around €110 landed over here

Worth the money do you reckon?

To the person who wants it, it's probably cheap. How do you put a value on these things? But, saying that, I can't remember what I paid for the one I have, but I think it was less than that.

Have you seen these Mark 3? repaints that are currently on ebay? There is a whole Enterprise train with Lima 201 and a driving trailer. Also Mark 3s resprayed into mark 4 Intercity livery. The starting prices are quite low too, a bit more than a week left on the auctions, it will be interesting to see what they go for - they may not be correct, but they would certainly look the part if that is what you are after!

Enterprise set starting at £150 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181635492402?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT $_57.jpg

Mark 4 set staring at £135 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181635519604?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT $_57 (1).jpg

Also this Lima 201 is selling for €350! http://www.ebay.ie/itm/LIMA-205159-IE-CIE-IRISH-RAILWAYS-CLASS-201-LOCO-216-RIVER-DODDER-MINT-BOXED-nc-/331422674305?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item4d2a54ad81

Edited by robbie58

Yeah, it just ended at £80, or something. I have one the same as it. I think it's supposed to be from a traction motor.....

Ive one too - there were lots of these available 20 years ago when the final batch of A's were being cut up in Inchicore, the ITG sold plenty as a fundraiser

• 2 weeks later...

He's always the same.

There's another seller there as well called micman who has similar high prices.

• 2 weeks later...
Just noticed this on ebay http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Irish-Rail-CIE-Dutch-steam-heating-van-ideal-for-murphy-models-etc-New-/261767106946?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3cf2891182

Have IFM produced their own Dutch GSV model? It looks slightly different to the Silverfox one.

$_57.JPG

Doubt it, nothing new on their website. Pretty sure they'd have made a big deal of it. Looks very similar to me except for better lighting and maybe more cleanly painted grills. What did you think was different?:confused:

At STG100 (E135, USD153, in real money)………. would expect a huge improvement versus SF

Edited by DiveController

Doubt it, nothing new on their website. Pretty sure they'd have made a big deal of it. Looks very similar to me except for better lighting and maybe more cleanly painted grills. What did you think was different?:confused:

At STG100 (E135, USD153, in real money)………. would expect a huge improvement versus SF

It is IFM, thats their name on ebay...

I have been watching this on ebay for some time now. Only curious to see how long it takes before the realisation sets in that it is not going to sell at anywhere near that price.

I have been watching this on ebay for some time now. Only curious to see how long it takes before the realisation sets in that it is not going to sell at anywhere near that price.

Agree. Dreamland. It's a Lima chassis after all which was the 'Lada' of model runners. IMHO it's probably not even worth €80 when one can buy a new MM 201 for €150-170 from established quality retailers. MM being a precision double flywheel centre drive chassis with 8 wheel drive and all wheel pickup, it's no contest with any Lima loco.

At least now he's dropped the €28 postage to Ireland that was on it last week when I posted it. Just needs to drop another €200 to shift it.

The body of the Lima's is not bad though. The orange to yellow colour mix is better than the MM ones and much more accurate imo.

At least now he's dropped the €28 postage to Ireland that was on it last week when I posted it. Just needs to drop another €200 to shift it.

The body of the Lima's is not bad though. The orange to yellow colour mix is better than the MM ones and much more accurate imo.

But the chassis is not of the same standard as the MM

So.... I decided to find out........

Noel's right. This is a "wholly IFM product" per Tom but is not on their website and is "a special order only". I'm not sure who special ordered it on eBay but it's a nice GSV and there if anyone needs one right now.:cool:

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Irish-Rail-CIE-Dutch-steam-heating-van-ideal-for-murphy-models-etc-New-/261767106946?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3cf2891182

Edited by DiveController