Murphy Models 121

Rate this topic

WT CLASS 2-6-4T No. 4

PS: Did any of the baby GMs ever get used for push/pull with converted AEC sets, or was that just C class?

121 Class locos were used on the ex-AEC push-pulls operating the Bray-Greystones shuttle for the period between the withdrawal of the last of the B201 Class in November 1986 and the withdrawal of the final push-pull in September 1987. As far as I know, members of the 141 and 181 classes were never used on push-pulls.

It seems to me that an awful lot of people would be more than interested in having 121's. As long as the price stays within the bounds of reasonableness (?), they'l disappear off the shelves in record time. I believe this is online marketing, the right product at the right time at the right price in the right quantity.

Stephen

It seems to me that an awful lot of people would be more than interested in having 121's. As long as the price stays within the bounds of reasonableness (?), they'l disappear off the shelves in record time. I believe this is online marketing, the right product at the right time at the right price in the right quantity.

Stephen

My worry here Stephen is the direction that the big manufacturers prices have gone in the last 12 months

Bachmann & Hornby locos are now almost 15 - 20% dearer Heljan a couple of points more

If we can escape with the 121 costing about the same as the 071's I reckon we will be doing well

My worry here Stephen is the direction that the big manufacturers prices have gone in the last 12 months

Bachmann & Hornby locos are now almost 15 - 20% dearer Heljan a couple of points more

If we can escape with the 121 costing about the same as the 071's I reckon we will be doing well

If the Euro hasn't recovered by the time they're released they'll be costly! :eek:

• 1 month later...

Yes good news. It would be great if they do make it into the retail trade in time for Christmas 2016, but not the end of the world if they are a bit late like the ST coaches. Will be worth the wait. Wonder if they will be DCC Sound friendly (i.e. space for a speaker, or speaker fitted).

Word is that a provisional date of Christmas 2016 has been given to the release of the first 121s which will be the first grey and yellow livery and the final IE livery with more to follow in 2017. Corrected Supertrain Mark IIS and 201s in latest livery are also on the way.

Excellent! Something to look forward to :) What is the latest 201 livery? D'you mean the silver and green with the updated Iarnrod Eireann logo? Or the new Enterprise livery?

Excellent! Something to look forward to :) What is the latest 201 livery? D'you mean the silver and green with the updated Iarnrod Eireann logo? Or the new Enterprise livery?

New Enterprise I believe Tom. Source is editor of Rail Express Modeller btw. Not pulling it out of my behind :)

Word is that a provisional date of Christmas 2016 has been given to the release of the first 121s which will be the first grey and yellow livery and the final IE livery with more to follow in 2017. Corrected Supertrain Mark IIS and 201s in latest livery are also on the way.

Excellent news, but when you add to that the new ballast hoppers, it's going to be an expensive new year! :dig:

The Mk 2's are revamped and will arrive mid year

They will have new fleet/catalogue numbers

The 121's will hopefully be available in pre production livery for the Rahen show and then

for sale in time for Christmas in IE & Grey livery with CIE Black, Supertrain & IR to follow within 9- 10 months

Some short runs of the 201's in interim & latest Enterprise Livery, no delivery time yet

And finally a surprise

A 1916 commemorative item, ETA June, I couldn't get the grey badger to tell me what it is, had his best poker face on!

Also due to €/$ volatility it is not possible to indicate prices at this time

Wonder if they will be DCC Sound friendly (i.e. space for a speaker, or speaker fitted).

I certainly hope so, even if it was a sugar cube or similar if space is tight. The 12 had the EMD 8-567CR as a prime mover which was the same as the 141 class, although I think the 181 class has the 645E. Is there already a sound chip out there for it?

It would have been nice to have some feedback from MM from the consumers perspective at some point before I went and repsrayed a rake. But new fleet numbers is good…. hmmm

The 121's will hopefully be available in time for Christmas in IE & Grey livery with CIE Black, Supertrain & IR to follow within 9- 10 months

A 1916 commemorative item, ETA June

Yippee! I'll be taking three of those and then more with the later liveries:-bd

Edited by DiveController

As far as I know no 201 has the finished Enterprise livery yet. As in none of them have the new Enterprise logo applied to them yet. Interesting to see what they come out like compared to some of the excellent resprays posted up here.

As much as I can't wait for a 121 they have a very high bar to try and match. I just hope PM found a good factory this time that can match what came before.

The 121's will hopefully be available in pre production livery for the Rahen show and then

for sale in time for Christmas in IE & Grey livery with CIE Black, Supertrain & IR to follow within 9- 10 months

Some short runs of the 201's in interim & latest Enterprise Livery, no delivery time yet

And finally a surprise

A 1916 commemorative item, ETA June, I couldn't get the grey badger to tell me what it is, had his best poker face on!

Also due to €/$ volatility it is not possible to indicate prices at this time

Excellent news. Definitely be getting some 121's. The fact that MM doing the grey and IE liveries would indicate different body variations for the 121.

That just leaves the A Class to be done in RTR......who will take the bait......Murphy Models or Irish Railway Models?

Edited by iarnrod

Excellent news. Definitely be getting some 121's. The fact that MM doing the grey and IE liveries would indicate different body variations for the 121.

Just a case of not fitting the handrails to each side?

A question about the 121s, I have looked at a few pictures of them in the grey livery and they have no air brake lines fitted, when did they get them and were the 141s delivered with air brake hoses fitted.

Seeing as the 121s got air brakes fitted later in life why not the case for the A class seeing as they were around till the mid 90s.

Fantastic news! Even if I do have to wait a bit longer for a pair of Supertrain 121's......:D

I certainly hope so, even if it was a sugar cube or similar if space is tight. The 12 had the EMD 8-567CR as a prime mover which was the same as the 141 class, although I think the 181 class has the 645E. Is there already a sound chip out there for it?

I'm sure a speaker will be fitted. Since that has been the case with the 071 and 201 models. Even the 141 came with a factory fitted speaker cradle.

Yes the 121 was originally fitted with the EMD 8-567CR, same as the 141 locos. The 181's came with the 645E but some 141's were later fitted with 645's taken from the C Class when it was withdrawn. The push-pull 121's were also fitted with 645E's.

Loksound have accurate sounding files for both the 141 and the 181. IIRC, Mr Soundguy's ZIMO decoders use a recording from a 645E so they would be accurate for later 121's.