Enterprise 206 working the IWT liner.

Rate this topic

Evening all,

206 was released to traffic on Monday 23rd February in its brand new striking "Enterprise" livery when it went L.E. from Inchicore to Kildare to take over the 1130 Waterford - Ballina Ety. Timber. It caught everybody out as it was rumoured to be allocated to the 0935 IWT Liner from North Wall but 218 worked this instead.

On Wednesday 25th, it returned from the West of Ireland with the 1140 Ballina - North Wall IWT Liner and I photographed it at Portarlington and Killenard. Today's update also contains photos from Corroy near Ballina from contributor TTC169.

Click http://smu.gs/1DbdYzo to view.

DSC_0932-M.jpg

Now that I can see the finished livery I don't really like it for two reasons, it is not directionally symmetrical and too wavy for my personal taste. If there was only one cab and the loco ran only in the direction it is travelling it looks quite striking (i.e. a large cat of prey with its mane and whiskers flying).

Trains really only suited to horizontally linear livery patterns.

Anyone get it's full EVN. I can see it on the mid sole bar. From what I can gather it should be 92 60 0310206-x, don't know it's check number.

0110 201s are non push pull

0210 201s are push pull, autocoupler capable

0310 201s are push pull, autocoupler capable with NIR package.

Don't know if 208 and 209 will be 92 70 or 92 60.

Edited by Railer

Gotta love these nonsense liveries.

"Lets add black strip along the middle"

"And a bit of wibbly wobbly wonder thats not in either green, gold, blue or red"

Have CIE ever heard of photoshop and that people might be able to mock up this crap in minature and virtual before you commit an entire paint shop in inchicore?

Hey CIE, YOU NEED SOME HELP?

Yeah, orange as a base colour for years seems like a decent political gesture?

I actually really like this livery. I'm fed up with all the green and silver everywhere. The green 29ks look god awful and the new tricolour logo is so tacky looking, they look like a special Paddy's Day train.

This is something fresh and new and a step out of the comfort zone for once.

Well, we wondered how long it would be before it would be turned 'the wrong way round'. I think it looks as ridiculous as the new number. Think this was always going to be a love it (those paid for 'designing' it) or hate it livery (the rest of us,…for the most part):facepalm:

I think that's a wee bit disingenuous... it's a 'love it or hate it' livery alright, but a lot of enthusiasts are in the 'love it' camp.

Personally, I think it looks good.

Anyone get it's full EVN. I can see it on the mid sole bar. From what I can gather it should be 92 60 0310206-x' date=' don't know it's check number. 0110 201s are non push pull 0210 201s are push pull, autocoupler capable 0310 201s are push pull, autocoupler capable with NIR package. Don't know if 208 and 209 will be 92 70 or 92 60.[/quote']

Every angle covered....

image-3800737395.jpg

206 is an IE owned loco.

Ah ok. I have never fully understand the business logic and structure of the 'Enterprise' service. Why is it still jointly operated by two companies? Would it not be better for IE and NIR to operate their own services on the Dublin/Belfast route in the interests of competition. OR Splitting the rail network from the operators, by letting the two states own and operate the track network but allowing private rail companies operate services which might possibly deliver a better service. (i.e. state ownership of the network and privatised operators). Or am I off the wall? :)