Graham's Toymaster/themodelshop.ie Closure

Rate this topic

The Train Man

Graham's Toymaster/themodelshop.ie Closure

It is with great sadness that I wish to announce the Closure of Graham's Toymaster/themodelshop.ie as of 24/12/16.

I would like to assure those of you that have commissions/resprays on backorder that these will be completed and dispatched early January 2017. Likewise for those of you that have pre ordered the IRM Ballast Wagon 3 pks, that these will be dispatched as soon as the arrive in 1st Quarter 2017.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you all for your support and friendship over the years and wish you all a very Happy Christmas and Prosperous New Year.

Seamus

Sad day indeed. Well there goes hope for another commissioned run of auto ballasters. Remember there was Graham's, Belfast and Marks packs in the labeled batches. It was a good site to find some of the rarer Murphy Models that would pop up from time to time too.

All the best in your future endeavours.

Seamus, wishing all the very best for the future. Your excellent model shop will be sorely missed alongside your top class prompt and friendly service, not to mention your respray service, and advice among many other services you provided. It was a pleasure dealing with a man of honesty and integrity, and a passion for the hobby. Thank you again and good wishes for the future. Noel

Although I never had the pleasure of doing business with your shop, by just reading & hearing from the guys on here about the mega service you supplied over the years to the many railway modellers etc. is a recommendation in itself. Here's wishing you & yours a very happy Christmas & all the best for the future.

Paul

Railway modelers of the midland's we don't know what we had until it's gone. I will have to travel 80 miles round trip just to get Humbrol enamel paint. Sorry the shop is closing i hope to get down before Christmas if not I will see you in new year. regards bren.

Edited by A4mallard

Nice photo, Heading to the Hobby Den in Kildare for a look around Saturday am, I hope to pop into portlaoise on the way, hopefully there is a Hornby Q1 lurking about on a shelf!. Sad news that the shop is going although it was off my beaten path I did pick up most of my purchases at shows from the Train Man.

Best of luck Seamus for the future you will be missed😥

Nice photo, Heading to the Hobby Den in Kildare for a look around Saturday am, I hope to pop into portlaoise on the way, hopefully there is a Hornby Q1 lurking about on a shelf!. Sad news that the shop is going although it was off my beaten path I did pick up most of my purchases at shows from the Train Man.

Best of luck Seamus for the future you will be missed

The Q1 is a nice device - and a 'plausible' Bulleid Irish possibility..?

I note that there appears to be a halo in the above picture...

...or, at least, an aura...

So sorry to see this fine establishment closing tomorrow,

I had many dealings with Seamus over the years and found him to be an absolute gentleman,

Thank you for being helpful and courteous, your fine resprays on both the locos and coaches, my Enterprise 209 and Supertrain Mk3s are testament to that top class work,

Enjoy your retirement from the retail trade Seamus, you will be missed, we have lost a valuable service to the Irish modeler.

Happy Christmas to you and your family,all the best from the West.:cheers:

Noel.

Nice visit today with possibly my last ever visit to Portlaoise!, Picked up some rolling stock but sucumed to some good prices on an Airfix Shackleton and Meteor F.8, Could of bought a load of plastic but trying to ween myself of it!

Went to the hobby Den in Kildare , saw

071's @ E140 and 201's at good prices also but more plastic bought.Thats it now

until the Victor arrives.

Best of luck to all the Graham's and I wish you the best for 2017.

Enjoy the slopes and the 

Cheer

G I'm

Edited by Georgeconna

• 4 months later...

Hi all,

I just Googled this shop, planning a Saturday splurge and was devastated to find it is closed. When I searched to confirm, I found forum and felt I had to join to commiserate.

I came back to modelling in 2013 having been a hornby devotee as a kid in the 80s.

My first encounter of Seamus was when I searched for an irish seller of the Bachmann Midland Blue Pullman. I couldn't believe my luck when I saw it in stock, and at a great price too. Idrove up from Limerick, and, excited as I was to get my hands on such a lovely train pack, I left it on the counter so I could have a good look around Seamus' treasure trove. It was the best model ship I had been in since I was a kid.

I have been back on many a saturday since then, buying many bargains and hard to find items (the Bachmann Torbay Express, the Hornby Flying Scotsman US Tour pack, and two Hornby trains with sound (a Castle Class steam loco and an EWS diesel). The Flying Scotsman had a broken tinder(Hornby's fault) , which I only discovered when I got home. I called and was advised bring it back. I drove back and the set was exchanged no questions asked.

I loved this shop and thought nothing of driving up to buy from it. It was a fantastic place to pick up items no longer available - Seamus always seemed to have some great discontinued items.

I always found all the staff to be friendly and easy going. I have been away working and was looking forward to a trip and a few purchases. I would like to thank Seamus for having such a great shop - it was great to go and browse and come home with something rather than wait for online purchases. As with everyone else, i would like to wish Seamus all the best for the future. Thank you.