2021 New Releases for the Irish Market?

Rate this topic

NIRCLASS80

Feel free to froth men, but I will throw a few logs on the fire...

1. We are working on several new tool projects at the moment, but we wont do one big announcement like project 42. Instead we will announce one at a time.

2. We will only announce when we have a tooling sample to display. We are doing the same for Accurascale. 

3. We should have news on re-issues of other projects dotted throughout the year too, but this will be based on receiving samples too to show off. 

We will have one or two small re-issue announcements in the next couple of weeks, but I think (dont quote me!) the next all new model probably wont be until just after the As land (though I might be wrong on that!) 

That's all yer getting. Enjoy!

• Like 16

15 hours ago, DJ Dangerous said:

Mk2D's in IR and RPSI liveries, Mk4 IE coaches, old-timey coaches for the old guys, blue Taras, P47 chassis, RoadLiner trucks, green Dublin buses, the B&I ferry, 21mm track and a partridge in a pear tree.

Hi DJ, sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but Santa’s gone.....😜

BTB

• Funny 1

It will be good to see what comes after the A class - C/MV would be logical at some point.  Having got kits of the spoils and the Railbus part done I am confident these should be ok. But P47 and P20 ideas abound - Beets would seem logical given froth they cause. Cement pallets  with 4 in build and bogie tanks and bogie cements offer use of existing bogies and as I have some of these in the build heap it would be a good guess that these will be rtr before I finish mine.  

Really the 80 class and ICR would be fun of course, but would be investment rich so perhaps not yet but good for dreams.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, jhb171achill said:

Anything from 1955-65! Or, at a stretch, a "Jeep"...........

Something STEAM!

A Ballymena & Larne train pack - an obvious commercial opportunity here in that the loco would work for an Isle of Man layout as well, and the coaches would run on a Ballycastle line setup AND allow the builder to model Donegal station in its current form.

• Like 3
  • Funny 1

I think we are well overdue for number 800 maebh to be made in a pre-assemled form. There has been kits before but the only off the shelf irish steam locos have been the mogul and the flying snail pocket rocket. And even those were re-skins....what I'm saying is that when it happens it will be a landmark in irish modeling like the lima 201s and MM 141s 

Granted we are few years away from that but its when rather then if I would think.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Patrick Davey said:

A Ballymena & Larne train pack - an obvious commercial opportunity here in that the loco would work for an Isle of Man layout as well, and the coaches would run on a Ballycastle line setup AND allow the builder to model Donegal station in its current form.

If EVER a narrow gauge prototype was done, something which ran on several lines would be the most viable. This indeed, or T & D stuff which ran on the T & D, WCR and C & L.

While only one home, a Donegal 2.6.4T also....

8 minutes ago, jhb171achill said:

If EVER a narrow gauge prototype was done, something which ran on several lines would be the most viable. This indeed, or T & D stuff which ran on the T & D, WCR and C & L.

If doing narrow gauge, I'd prefer the F501-3 over a steamer thanks

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, jhb171achill said:

CBPR tanks also a shout, the isle of man modelers would be pleased to see the CDR railcars...

• Like 2

My wish list.....no pressure lads........😜

• 1- Asahi two axle coal & oil flat wagons and twenty foot coal and oil containers,
  • 2- Ammonia bogie and barrier wagons 
  • 3-Bogie bulk cement wagons
  • 4- Bogie 62' timber wagons
  • 5- Two axle timber wagons
  • 6-Two axle MX type Guinness wagons

• Like 5

In time I'm sure all will be revealed. Mk3 coaches seem the gaping hole remaining now that A class is in progress, given all the MM locos and soon A class with so few coaches to haul. Personally I'd prefer CIE B&T laminates or Park Royal's but that's just not gonna happen :) The glass seems 110% full as it is. We've never had it so good.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Noel said:

In time I'm sure all will be revealed. Mk3 coaches seem the gaping hole remaining now that A class is in progress, given all the MM locos and soon A class with so few coaches to haul. Personally I'd prefer CIE B&T laminates or Park Royal's but that's just not gonna happen :) The glass seems 110% full as it is. We've never had it so good.

MK3 and laminates would break me finacially but would really love them!!!

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, ttc0169 said:

My wish list.....no pressure lads........😜

• 1- Asahi two axle coal & oil flat wagons and twenty foot coal and oil containers,
  • 2- Ammonia bogie and barrier wagons 
  • 3-Bogie bulk cement wagons
  • 4- Bogie 62' timber wagons
  • 5- Two axle timber wagons
  • 6-Two axle MX type Guinness wagons

Right with you there. 

I'm a bit freight heavy so I'll say an Arrow, Mk3 and Mk3 Push Pull also. 

• Like 4

I would think that in terms of rolling stock, keep supplying stuff for late CIE, IR and IE (stuff that suits whats already on the market) for new locomotives I'm on through side of Early CIE stuff like AEC railcars, C class, number 800 maebh and then after that starting to make new tooling for models already abailble (071 and 141 are starting to get higher in demand...and price!)

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, NIRCLASS80 said:

My wish list!

C Class also NIR MV

NIR 80 Class

Bogie timber

Short flats for 20’ containers

Bagged cement wagons, both versions

But I’m sure if IRM produces anything that ran in the late 1980’s and 1990’s then the bank balance will suffer!😁

All very likely as I have sweated over a hot cutting mat making all/ working on all of these...  Like my luck on the lottery really, time will tell of course. 

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

1 hour ago, Robert Shrives said:

All very likely as I have sweated over a hot cutting mat making all/ working on all of these...  Like my luck on the lottery really, time will tell of course. 

Ah, Robert, but you have the satisfaction of being able to say - "I built these myself" - from Provincial Wagons kits but then, I would say that, wouldn't I?

A lot of these ARE available as kits from me now - "Ask and it shall be given thee".

Only the corrugated open is a bit fiddly, thanks to the spindly brake gear - but it looks great when finished! Even Noel was converted!

Leslie

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1