ICPHOWWWARRR - 22000 Class Railcars In OO from IRM!

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

16 hours ago, DiveController said:

Read this entire thread only to find your post at the end , Dave😂. This is the most informative post regarding liveries. I realized the bowling ball livery is actually probably the only one that ran with the last of anything Orange 🍊 

This is so not my era as you know but as an ex-pat when these were introduced I don’t have any real nostalgia for them. I do like the look of the RTE Big Music week ( only nostalgic way to justify a purchase 😉) but I’m confused about the intercity ribbon livery post 2013. Is this when IE went I’ve to the current logo?

The current logo was introduced in 2013 so that would match up.

I did ask about B2 vehicles at the show, and the answer wasn't a no......

Also from an engineering view point the track forces are a lot lower with distributed power as axle loads and hammer blow is reduced so track can last longer with reduced maintenance., which is a cost saving  of a large magnitude.  In UK Regional railways dumped loco hauled stock for railcars/ dmus very quickly as total costs savings even after buying new a stock made the BR Boards books move towards balancing.  Railtrack/ Network rail track access regime reflects track damage from heavy axle loads and for the Intervillage operators like East Coast, Advanti West Coast and Last Great Western can get more from the emu/dmu fleets over loco hauled and reduced HST power cars sees track access charges fall.   

It is a shame however that those who think putting a bus engine under a train filled with ill thought "cheap seats"  are not made to ride on them long distance. In UK the clamour about the seats caused the Rail safety board to investigate- using the BR  MK3 as the bench mark its tests showed no improvement in any of the modern trains being foisted on passengers.  I hope the  future bimode/ electrickery stocks in Ireland take heed of passenger needs when discussing the finances.   

Still on topic looking forward to my 6car .

Robert   

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

• 3 months later...

Hi everyone,

It's been a busy start to the year here at IRM, with our lovely NIR Mark 2 coaches arriving and going down an absolute treat with modellers, our production samples of the Mark 2cs arriving (more on those soon) and of course, we have other projects rumbling in the background!

Such as our ICR!

IMG_E9679.thumb.JPG.4db95374588ac717e6c0e28fc5dc5d80.JPG

Last week, ICR Project Manager Paul Isles, and our Sound Master Jamie Goodman attended Portlaosie Depot and Heuston Station Valeting Plant to record all the sounds for our ICR models in miniature.

We would like to extend a big and sincere thank you to Iarnród Éireann Irish Rail for facilitating us and going the extra mile to help us with the recording of this project. They went above and beyond to make this model truly special.

JamieICR.thumb.jpg.9f9da2946b9d985509d21b5e0545c3cb.jpg

If you think our Mark 2s are good, then prepare to be blown away by these!

Pre-orders are beginning to fill up some variants, so make sure you get yours in here: https://irishrailwaymodels.com/.../railcar-class-22000-icr 

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 12
  • Agree 2
  • WOW! 1

• 1 month later...
23 minutes ago, DiveController said:

Can someone explain in brief the differences between an A1, A2, A3 DMSO, DRBFOs and any other word salad that might be relevant.

Thanks in advance

That’s the trouble with terminology today - it has to be gobbledegook to “impress”. 

Back in the day, when the English language was used on the railway, you had brake standards, open composites, side corridor seconds, corridor thirds, six wheel lavatory firsts, and the like. Obvious.

Now, it has to DBSO-2F, BSK(II), SGHT MK 2-SO(T) and the like…… 

No doubt when the De Deitrichs and Mk 4s go, we’ll be faced with an array of identikit vehicles, but called “A”DFGH-1, “B2”-EV, SSD5 and so on.

Rant over.

52 minutes ago, WRENNEIRE said:

I knew it. The Brexiters invented all that stuff........

On 13/2/2024 at 1:02 PM, Warbonnet said:

Hi everyone,

It's been a busy start to the year here at IRM, with our lovely NIR Mark 2 coaches arriving and going down an absolute treat with modellers, our production samples of the Mark 2cs arriving (more on those soon) and of course, we have other projects rumbling in the background!

Such as our ICR!

IMG_E9679.thumb.JPG.4db95374588ac717e6c0e28fc5dc5d80.JPG

Last week, ICR Project Manager Paul Isles, and our Sound Master Jamie Goodman attended Portlaosie Depot and Heuston Station Valeting Plant to record all the sounds for our ICR models in miniature.

We would like to extend a big and sincere thank you to Iarnród Éireann Irish Rail for facilitating us and going the extra mile to help us with the recording of this project. They went above and beyond to make this model truly special.

JamieICR.thumb.jpg.9f9da2946b9d985509d21b5e0545c3cb.jpg

If you think our Mark 2s are good, then prepare to be blown away by these!

Pre-orders are beginning to fill up some variants, so make sure you get yours in here: https://irishrailwaymodels.com/.../railcar-class-22000-icr 

Cheers!

Fran 

SUPERB! Greeat work.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, WRENNEIRE said:

Pilot to Fr. Ted ".... I know what I did there, I started too big"

If anyone can shed some light on what differences exist between the various Iarnrod Eireann ICR prototypes A1, A2 and A3 ( I understand the basic British coach codes for the most part). Just trying to get a basic understanding of these which are not at all my era and might get one or two of the models. Thanks 

Edited by DiveController

On 30/10/2022 at 10:16 AM, minister_for_hardship said:

They will have as standard an 00 scale awkward passenger in your booked seat who pretends not to understand the notion of seat reservations and will refuse to vacate.

Sets have optional figures involved in unchallenged anti social behaviour 

They’ll have bits of soggy toilet paper on the floor outside the jax

• Funny 3