ICPHOWWWARRR - 22000 Class Railcars In OO from IRM!

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

22 minutes ago, minister_for_hardship said:

They will have as standard an 00 scale awkward passenger in your booked seat who pretends not to understand the notion of seat reservations and will refuse to vacate.

Sets have optional figures involved in unchallenged anti social behaviour 

Last week a Train manager ejected three youths at Cheltenham for ticketless travel - She is 5 foot nothing and not to be argued with ! Well they tried and got the order of the boot. 

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

Would the date order below be reasonably accurate as regards the different options?

- Inter City branding with Bowling Ball set Numbering (2007 - 2008/9????)

- lnter City branding with Individual Numbering (2008/9??? - 2013)

- Irish Rail branding (2013 - ????)

- lrish Rail branding with blue doors etc (???? - current day)

• Like 2

Not sure if I can afford the sound fitted models at the moment, and if I did get they may be displayed only as this is not my era.

if I get non sound, will chips be available later if I decide to add sound and for how long?

Are there two sounds decoders in the sound fittted models one on the the A3 and a motorless sound chip in the dummy loco? How easy are these to access and swap out between sets?

Edited by DiveController
  • Like 1

These were definitely a welcome surprise from IRM. With the hints about a powered option, I suspected a Tokyu 2600 but never the 22k so soon in the IRM journey! 

As much as I'd love the 6-car set, I think it wouldn't look realistic on my layout (once I've gotten around to rebuilding it that is). I've gone down the middle and ordered the 4-car set.

I have to give credit (excuse the pun) to the lads again for offering the Partial.ly option as I don't think I could manage to get any otherwise! 

• Like 3

I detest railcars on the 5'3" gauge but a model ICR is a different kettle of fish, one will look fantastic on my layout. Unfortunately due to restrictions regarding looping , I am limited to a 4 car set on the mainline and  reduced to a 3 car set on the branch working,   

Once again well done to the lads in Carrickmines.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Barl said:

These were definitely a welcome surprise from IRM. With the hints about a powered option, I suspected a Tokyu 2600 but never the 22k so soon in the IRM journey! 

Yes the superb A class followed by a 22k seems like full circle, top and tails.

• Agree 1

On 29/10/2022 at 5:55 PM, BosKonay said:

Yes. We’ll supply a sheet of acetates like the mk5 so you can set to a destination of your choosing. The door indicator lights also will work and the front coupler is accessible behind a little magnetic attached panel. 

Hi Stephen. You already answered this question for the mk2c coaches thank you, but if you don't mind me asking, will it be easy enough to open these for the purpose of putting passengers in the intermediate coaches and/or power driving units? Thanks. Noel The CAD images look stunning. hyper.gif

1 hour ago, Noel said:

Hi Stephen. You already answered this question for the mk2c coaches thank you, but if you don't mind me asking, will it be easy enough to open these for the purpose of putting passengers in the intermediate coaches and/or power driving units? Thanks. Noel The CAD images look stunning. hyper.gif

Absolutely. We do our best to make everything as modeller friendly as we can. We’ll also have drivers and crew for these in time too

These are the most logical choice as the next powered models. Three different choices in rakes to suit everyone. They are the current,  contemporary and numerous main passenger sets on the network.

Having travelled on them since they were introduced into service I have gotten to like them especially since they sorted out the stink in the jacks. Always felt a little like chief Brody chumming in Jaws when I had to use them. I pass Plunkett twice a week so there is always a set in the platform bay and a set parked in Sallypark 

Really looking forward to them 

Rich,

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

On 31/10/2022 at 3:33 AM, Rob said:

Would the date order below be reasonably accurate as regards the different options?

- Inter City branding with Bowling Ball set Numbering (2007 - 2008/9????)

- lnter City branding with Individual Numbering (2008/9??? - 2013)

- Irish Rail branding (2013 - ????)

- lrish Rail branding with blue doors etc (???? - current day)

Pretty much. The bowling ball didn't last too long, although 22007 was the last to be treated some time between April and August 2013 from my own photos.

UIC numbers started creeping in with the 22047-22063 batch delivered in 2012 and progressively were added to the existing fleet.

Blue doors (or more accurately a shade of purple) started with 22008 in November 2018 and was spread across the fleet as they went in for internal refurb. The last set was I think 22029

15 hours ago, DoctorPan said:

Better be a model of a certain headlamp hi vis wearing individual 

I am available for scanning!

My big question is where the front number will be on 22302.........

• Like 3
  • Informative 1

On 30/10/2022 at 11:45 PM, DiveController said:

Not sure if I can afford the sound fitted models at the moment, and if I did get they may be displayed only as this is not my era.

if I get non sound, will chips be available later if I decide to add sound and for how long?

Are there two sounds decoders in the sound fittted models one on the the A3 and a motorless sound chip in the dummy loco? How easy are these to access and swap out between sets?

Bump…. @BosKonay.  @Warbonnet

…. just coupling an ICR set

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DiveController said:

Bump…. @BosKonay.  @Warbonnet

…. just coupling an ICR set

Hi Kevin,

Sincerest apologies, I took a couple of days off after the show, working 15 days on the bounce can be tiring...

As we are offering sound fitted models we do not plan to sell sound decoders separately at this time. The distribution of sound is to be finalised once we have a working sample.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 4
  • Informative 2

Hi everyone,

We're delighted with the reaction to these so far. They really went down well at the show and it seems on here too. At the show we had a resin print of the cab which we blew up to 8mm ft (I believe!) and painted it up. This acts as a guide for us to ensure the cab curves and contours are correct on the model, and it looks cool too!

IMG_5703.thumb.jpg.2464add1a3247a053f56250e2dcbe21d.jpg

IMG_5702.thumb.jpg.69e5e6f3ea04c4339f283a42d1fddf55.jpg

IMG_5701.thumb.jpg.72e0a5dcd28bc2e774236112fde16d52.jpg

In other news sales sailed past the 10% mark for the total envisaged run by Saturday night and have been steady ever since. Thank you to everyone who has ordered so far!

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 6
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1
  • WOW! 1

5 minutes ago, Warbonnet said:

Hi everyone,

We're delighted with the reaction to these so far. They really went down well at the show and it seems on here too. At the show we had a resin print of the cab which we blew up to 8mm ft (I believe!) and painted it up. This acts as a guide for us to ensure the cab curves and contours are correct on the model, and it looks cool too!

IMG_5703.thumb.jpg.2464add1a3247a053f56250e2dcbe21d.jpg

IMG_5702.thumb.jpg.69e5e6f3ea04c4339f283a42d1fddf55.jpg

IMG_5701.thumb.jpg.72e0a5dcd28bc2e774236112fde16d52.jpg

In other news sales sailed past the 10% mark for the total envisaged run by Saturday night and have been steady ever since. Thank you to everyone who has ordered so far!

Cheers!

Fran 

Saw that in Nick's video...

2027 IRM range maybe?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Warbonnet said:

Hi Kevin,

Sincerest apologies, I took a couple of days off after the show, working 15 days on the bounce can be tiring...

As we are offering sound fitted models we do not plan to sell sound decoders separately at this time. The distribution of sound is to be finalised once we have a working sample.

Cheers!

Fran 

Thanks for that, Fran. And are there one or two chips in each ICR set?

• 4 months later...

Hi everyone,

Fantastic News! Our ICRs are now in the tooling room and the creation of the moulds is well under way! We will have a 3D print of the final CAD to show at the upcoming North Down Model Railway Society show at Bangor in April and the Wexford Model Railway Club show in early May.

14(3).thumb.jpg.543aee96d8e52f0cbc2aa798a2e9bae5.jpg

The first tooling sample will be with us over the summer, and we may look to organise an event to premiere it for the first time...

In the meantime pre-orders have been coming thick and fast for what promises to be an exquisite model, the very first bespoke Irish Railcar in high quality, ready-to-run format. We're over 20% already sold on pre-order, so don't hang about! 

Ordered yours yet? Get your order in today: https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/railcar-class-22000-icr

• Like 12
  • WOW! 2

11 minutes ago, Warbonnet said:

Hi everyone,

Fantastic News! Our ICRs are now in the tooling room and the creation of the moulds is well under way! We will have a 3D print of the final CAD to show at the upcoming North Down Model Railway Society show at Bangor in April and the Wexford Model Railway Club show in early May.

14(3).thumb.jpg.543aee96d8e52f0cbc2aa798a2e9bae5.jpg

The first tooling sample will be with us over the summer, and we may look to organise an event to premiere it for the first time...

In the meantime pre-orders have been coming thick and fast for what promises to be an exquisite model, the very first bespoke Irish Railcar in high quality, ready-to-run format. We're over 20% already sold on pre-order, so don't hang about! 

Ordered yours yet? Get your order in today: https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/railcar-class-22000-icr

Convincing me to leave my native cork to go to these model shows….hopefully I won’t end up buying them !

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

These are really looking to be something special, can't wait 👍

15 minutes ago, Warbonnet said:

and we may look to organise an event to premiere it for the first time...

Kerry looking good to hold a premier event !, 😏 the railcars are all we see. Great news lads.

11 minutes ago, John-r said:

These are really looking to be something special, can't wait 👍

Kerry looking good to hold a premier event !, 😏 the railcars are all we see. Great news lads.

Aah I can see it now“The Irish railway modeller” railtour. An ICR journey from Dublin to killarney….then the premiere take place at the great southern hotel. 

I’ll pack my coat 😁

11 minutes ago, Westcorkrailway said:

Aah I can see it now“The Irish railway modeller” railtour. An ICR journey from Dublin to killarney….then the premiere take place at the great southern hotel. 

I’ll pack my coat 😁

I hadn't thought that far ahead, but that sounds like a plan.😀

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Georgeconna said:

They look pretty good for sure but Seem to be slowly moving looking at the stock levels since they were announced.

Would a 2 car 2600 unit been a better option price wise and operating Era to go with the Orange stuff already out there. 

Never been in a 2200 one either.

Hi George,

We've exceeded 20% pre-sold already, so we're quite happy with progress in a few months. End of the day, these are the trains people see every day across the country and have done for over 15 years now. 

I'm sure we'll get round to the 2600 in time ;)

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

The 22000's were a ballsy move, but are great value when you think of the price of a loco and coaches.

People are always talking about an Irish trainset. Well, this is more or less what a trainset would cost and entail.

I hope to order a few more of these further down the line but don't want to overcommit just yet, after just clearing the NIR coach pack balance and having some IR coaches with payment pending.

Plus, it's possible that we'll see Paddy's new run of 141's and 181's this year, plus we may have an IRM steamer, and we'd bloody better have 47' Flats and two-tone green Dublin Buses, all draining the budgets that little bit more.

Possible that others are in the same boat, unwilling to pre-order until they get their stuff together.

• Like 3
  • Agree 4