New IRM Announcement This Weekend! What Could it Be?

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

NEW IRM ANNOUNCEMENT THIS WEEKEND!

It's the week of the biggest event of the Irish railway modelling calendar, the three day Dublin show. This bank holiday weekend, South Dublin Model Railway Club are our hosts at Blackrock College, where there will be a feast of model railways for all the family.

We will be there, as ever, with some special offers, our latest free catalogues and we will reveal the first samples of our ICR 22000 class rail cars, and our park royal coaches.

Not only that, but we will have an all new announcement of our latest railway item with a sample to show you all. It is in the pic below. Feel free to guess what it is, but it earmarks a whole new range for us that will bring joy to many!

Look out for more info on what to expect on our stand during the week and feel free to widely speculate below in the comments on what we are revealing this weekend :)

IRM2023Crop.png.8e3f91450793f843bca84e8112a2af6a.png

See you there!

Fran 

• Like 7
  • WOW! 1
  • Funny 2

1 hour ago, Warbonnet said:

NEW IRM ANNOUNCEMENT THIS WEEKEND!

It's the week of the biggest event of the Irish railway modelling calendar, the three day Dublin show. This bank holiday weekend, South Dublin Model Railway Club are our hosts at Blackrock College, where there will be a feast of model railways for all the family.

We will be there, as ever, with some special offers, our latest free catalogues and we will reveal the first samples of our ICR 22000 class rail cars, and our park royal coaches.

Not only that, but we will have an all new announcement of our latest railway item with a sample to show you all. It is in the pic below. Feel free to guess what it is, but it earmarks a whole new range for us that will bring joy to many!

Look out for more info on what to expect on our stand during the week and feel free to widely speculate below in the comments on what we are revealing this weekend :)

IRM2023Crop.png.8e3f91450793f843bca84e8112a2af6a.png

See you there!

Fran 

Grey, with that silloette…it can’t be a steam engine can it?

• Funny 1

22 minutes ago, Westcorkrailway said:

I think the wifi is slow over there in the canaries because I can see clearly that it’s 4k 1080p crisp photograph of a Cork and Macroom Railway bus

Unless you're in Morocco or Miami, you mean "down there", not " over there"...

Are you seeing the pixels in 4K or in 1080, because they ain't the same thing!

It's definitely black. Do I see two pixels of a chimney? What's the yellow pixel?

I'll guess the whole new range is steam - it's definitely not a Dart. As for which steam engine this would be, I'm going to predict No. 90. It's preserved, and I'm definitely not biased because it travelled down to West Cork at all.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Sean said:

thats literally only a photo of half an item, that or its the detailing pack from said item or somthing silly like that :D 

My first thought was an army tank on a flat wagon!

16 hours ago, Georgeconna said:

"We will also have original tara mines bogies lose, sold as seen for €2 each!"    I take it that  these the Squeaky ones?

Never mind that, what happened to the wagons that ran on them???

10 hours ago, DJ Dangerous said:

My first thought was an army tank on a flat wagon!

On a more serious note,I see CIE Grey(or an engineering sample), and its a whole new range, so some sort of steam is highly possible.

however i also see a black buffer beam and a little hump on top so it could just as easily be some sort of 4w tank car at an unflattering angle.

ALSO

Were we not promised some sort of elusive foot bridge way back when? squint or youll miss it ;) 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DJ Dangerous said:

I'm quite sure that in a previous post, we were told that there would be AT LEAST one announcement, so who knows, could be a J15 towing oil wagons under a footbridge.

17 odd hours to go, roll on half twelve!

https://irishrailwaymodels.com/blogs/announcements

Screenshot_20231026-191101.png

I remember at last years show being in the line with a member of this forum watching hooded men fly out the door with bags full of dickie taras and logging on here to find what the announcement was. 

2 minutes ago, Westcorkrailway said:

I remember at last years show being in the line with a member of this forum watching hooded men fly out the door with bags full of dickie taras and logging on here to find what the announcement was. 

Joke's on them. None of them took the time to open the boxes. All of those dickie Tara's were bogie-less, and they'll have to come back this weekend to buy the bogies.

• Funny 1