Coronavirus

Rate this topic

spudfan

3 minutes ago, minister_for_hardship said:

Happy worst St Patrick's Day ever.

Be positive, with community co-operation and good will we as a country can greatly limit the worst effects of this thing and celebrate future St Patrick's days with our grand parents and our elderly parents.

• Like 5

*You’ll never beat the Irish*     “You'll never beat the Irish, no matter what you do, you can put us down and keep us out but we'll come back again, you know we are the fighting Irish and we'll fight until the end, you know you should’ve known, you’ll never beat the Irish”

*Covid19* We’ll see about that..

in all seriousness, my sympathies go to all those affected by this pandemic (and future casualties). My household contains very vulnerable people such as my dear mother who is very unwell. I do not wish to cause offense by this comment

Edited by NIR 450 ‘Castle’ Class
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, WRENNEIRE said:

Just frightened the crap out of the postman
I was doing a bit of spraying and answered the door to him
The mask is a whore of a yoke to put on and take off
He just threw the packet at me and ran down the drive

i am still shivering from the time i met you last year. it wasnt the mask

• Funny 3

I have to say that I read several British papers, and American ones, daily, as well as our own.

Generally it is simply to inform myself on the depths they reach in their one-sided bigotry. Among those i read is the Guardian, and I've seen several articles in it which really do bring home very well-researched home truths. This is but one.

• Like 1

thanks , after reading the guardian article I sorta feel everyone gonna rush out and shoot crows, or worse, all the crows,  so much biodiversity is lost, stuff that we could have used in global healthcare...

even the amazing biodiversity of track side in the past century is gone, fires from locos, used to control vegetation and created a diverse transient flora, much of which is gone,  what remains on old railways tends to be woodland flora in shade and gorse/furze or shrub in sun.,  the short term grassland meadows, filled with colorful annuals and biennials is gone.  I notice irish rail is sowing wildflowers back into some waste ground instead of spraying it.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, WaYSidE said:

thanks , after reading the guardian article I sorta feel everyone gonna rush out and shoot crows, or worse, all the crows,  so much biodiversity is lost, stuff that we could have used in global healthcare...

even the amazing biodiversity of track side in the past century is gone, fires from locos, used to control vegetation and created a diverse transient flora, much of which is gone,  what remains on old railways tends to be woodland flora in shade and gorse/furze or shrub in sun.,  the short term grassland meadows, filled with colorful annuals and biennials is gone.  I notice irish rail is sowing wildflowers back into some waste ground instead of spraying it.

Interesting to see this from a Farmer like yourself Mr Wayside when much of the Hedgerows are being cutback , dugout, Dykes filled in, Wetland continously being drained, Trees being much maligned. Much of this causing our own crisis with biodiversity and human suffering such as flooding. 

much of which is gone,  what remains on old railways tends to be woodland flora in shade and gorse/furze or shrub in sun. Loads of Trees is lismore along the old allignment were levelled last month

Refreshing see your a bit more enlihtended on this it seems Mr Wayside.

Cheers

George

Why is there such a shortage of toilet paper ? Here in rural Lincolnshire its an endangered substance and talking of which, tates thousands of tons grown here and more chickens live in Lincolnshire than people, well they do for 34 days till the next lot come along. Both missing from local Tesco this week. Best get in early for the silver shoppers hour!  😎

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mike 84C said:

Why is there such a shortage of toilet paper ? 

It is bizarre - I suspect there must be rumours of a cholera epidemic coming next...

I know people who work in supermarkets, they say a delivery is gone in ten to fifteen minutes...

TOILET PAPER SHORTAGE -

I'm old enough to remember when we had to  use cut-up Newspaper, hanging from string, for wiping our rear. Not the best, but better than nothing. Don't flush it down your Toilet,  put it in a tin or box and then dispose of it. Open fire, wood burner, or a Garden Bonfire.  Have a look for these products BRONCO - IZAL.  They are available on-line.

Hand Disinfectants - 

An alternative! Remember the days when we used MILTON?  A disinfectant we used when our child was born. I noticed there were ample supplies of this in TESCO - but, none of the new fancy stuff - plenty of MILTON. Available in the BABY SECTION of the store.   

• Like 3

Its too late to put it up on eBay the global shortage of bog roll has passed and South Dublin bimbos have ceased bulk buying it. Saw one with a trolly full of rolls, not bread rolls, the other sort of rolls. I do like a vegetable spring roll myself with sweat chill sauce, or better still a duck spring roll with S&S sauce. Keeping away from our local chinese for now. Ming the merciless had been one of our popular eateries.

Edited by Noel

5 hours ago, Irishswissernie said:

Well here in Haltwhistle Centre of Britain, netty, bog or toilet rolls are still like gold dust. Our Sainsburys and Co-op have been decimated by Townies from Newcastle driving here and buying everything. The locals are talking of putting up the barricades and self -isolating the whole town!

Ernie

It was like Christmas seemingly with half of Hamilton in the local supermarket on Thursday with not a loaf of bread to be seen, turned out it was nothing to do with panic buying just a breakdown in a bakery that supplies half the North Island. 

The Examiner has some good advice for surviving  the epidemic https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/lifestyle/ask-audrey-what-measures-are-you-taking-for-home-schooling-three-tonic-to-one-of-gin-988924.html

On 3/19/2020 at 7:47 PM, Georgeconna said:

Interesting to see this from a Farmer like yourself Mr Wayside when much of the Hedgerows are being cutback , dugout, Dykes filled in, Wetland continously being drained, Trees being much maligned. Much of this causing our own crisis with biodiversity and human suffering such as flooding. 

much of which is gone,  what remains on old railways tends to be woodland flora in shade and gorse/furze or shrub in sun. Loads of Trees is lismore along the old allignment were levelled last month

Refreshing see your a bit more enlihtended on this it seems Mr Wayside.

Cheers

George

Hi George.

even on farms where  biodiversity flourish, some hedgerows have to be cut back. but the newspaper piece argued that due to destruction of nature, whats left is forced into tighter communities and virus cross between species, then wild animals get eaten , bought in wild  meat markets and  disease spreads. hence why we need to protect biodiversity as opposed to shooting all the crows, for a functioning natural environment, would have such problem so often as now a days.

have just divided up my layout into many blocks, using nearly 100 Isolated tracks for current sensors, isolation is a term i have been very familiar with all winter, what most dont understand about many farmers is we mostly isolate through the winter, and most were itching to get out to the land to plough, or whatever, but its been so wet. no we can, we cant really socialize and tel each other how crap a winter it was..

Just cut the grass for the 3rd time this week
It looks exactly the same as it did on Friday!
Sent a complaint to Batchelors, some of their tins had only 842 beans where as most had 850 plus
Will be doing the packets of rice later this afternoon, I will keep yez posted.

• Like 1
  • Informative 2
  • Funny 4