New murphy Models 141s

Rate this topic

Westcorkrailway

5 hours ago, murphaph said:

I thought the 121s and A's would result in some baby GM price moderation but if anything the opposite happened as new people presumably came into the hobby and then demand for the rarer pre-owned models just increased. I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing happens again. Long term it's clearly the best thing for (almost) everyone if there are more people involved in the hobby of course.

Build it and they will come .....

1 hour ago, mmie353 said:

I am wondering the impact of this one to the first run of 141/181's with their value. I was trying to get them as I did not get them all when they were first released. 

I'd say more will become available if the new 141/181 has an inbuilt speaker and better access to the rather cramped previous edition

Edited by DiveController
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, DJ Dangerous said:

Why "behind" ? It sounds like there will be samples and photos, which would imply that these are not "behind" anything else but ahead of them.

Mk2D's were always the logical choice before Mk3's, assuming the tooling still exists.

Ahead, behind, whatever. My point was simply that MM have announced mk2s, mk3, 201s and now 141s. The first three have been announced a long long while yet nothing has appeared.

The 201 and mk2d schedule was late last year / early this and no updates at all since that was missed.

http://www.murphymodels.com/index.html

Can you understand why I would be sceptical?

11 hours ago, MOGUL said:

How many models have you released Chris? 

Without giving away too much detail(not my place to do it), I can confirm this one has some substance to it

None, but I'm not a manufacturer now am I.

If they are actually manufactured great, just on past history I am not going to hold my breath about seeing released models anytime in the next few years, especially based on nothing (so far) but random rumours on a website, when their own website hasn't been updated in a long time.

• Agree 1
  • Confused 1

51 minutes ago, chris said:

Ahead, behind, whatever. My point was simply that MM have announced mk2s, mk3, 201s and now 141s. The first three have been announced a long long while yet nothing has appeared.

The 201 and mk2d schedule was late last year / early this and no updates at all since that was missed.

None, but I'm not a manufacturer now am I.

If they are actually manufactured great, just on past history I am not going to hold my breath about seeing released models anytime in the next few years, especially based on nothing (so far) but random rumours on a website, when their own website hasn't been updated in a long time.

I recommend if you’d like some more info you can read the thread below. the very start and the very end have the most info. Much of which is from reliable sources. And not just your average internet rumours. @Warbonnetcorrectly pointed out that the mark 2s would be the first to be produced  

PM usually does not tend to update the website a lot and usually announced things this way. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, chris said:

Are you joking? You're moaning about no Mk2D updates the day that we get a Mk2D update!

What is there to be skeptical about? If I say that I'm gonna run a marathon for Christmas, then get knocked down by a car tomorrow, I'm not likely to run that marathon, am I? Too many external factors can affect projects like those from IRM and MM.

Is the Mk2D update not good enough for you because it doesn't also include a Mk3 or 201 update?

2 hours ago, DJ Dangerous said:

Are you joking? You're moaning about no Mk2D updates the day that we get a Mk2D update!

What is there to be skeptical about? If I say that I'm gonna run a marathon for Christmas, then get knocked down by a car tomorrow, I'm not likely to run that marathon, am I? Too many external factors can affect projects like those from IRM and MM.

Is the Mk2D update not good enough for you because it doesn't also include a Mk3 or 201 update?

Jesus dude, calm down.

what mk2d update are you referring to? The opening post? Just part of the rumour, until confirmed its not news, any more than 141s are.

5 hours ago, chris said:

Jesus dude, calm down.

what mk2d update are you referring to? The opening post? Just part of the rumour, until confirmed its not news, any more than 141s are.

Because using the search facility is obviously hard for you:

On 27/10/2022 at 2:03 AM, WRENNEIRE said:

Hot off the press:
From Murphy models 

1. He is showing pre-production samples of Class141/181 locos this week-end at the MRSI show. There will be 1 new fleet number in each of the four liveries (CIE, Supertrain, IR, IE) in both loco types.  There will be a number of improvements, including the fitting of a speaker. He will forward photos of all versions next week.  No guidance on price due to the volatility of currency markets.  

1. Also at the show he will have examples of the Mark2d coach in IR livery. As before, there will be 1st., standard, composite, restaurant and egv. Photos to follow. There will be a new bogie to conform with the prototype and will facilitate 21mm conversions.

I'll wait here while you PM Wrenneire to question his "rumour" privately. No rush, I'm hourly.

To Be fair to Chris and his post there is no substantive update and nothing official has been received by any channel, including retailers like IRM so while the ‘rumour’ has much credence due to its source being a little sceptical is hardly unreasonable or worthy of belittling. 

20 minutes ago, BosKonay said:

To Be fair to Chris and his post there is no substantive update and nothing official has been received by any channel, including retailers like IRM so while the ‘rumour’ has much credence due to its source being a little sceptical is hardly unreasonable or worthy of belittling. 

Asking questions rather than dumping on the "rumour" would garner more respect.

Hopefully, tomorrow will involve the eating of many hats, but not mine.

Think that this weekend should be all about the exhibition. If Paddy turns up with 141/181 locomotives good and well but, if not, there will still be a show on with lots of layouts to see and people to chat with. The one thing I will say about those locomotives - at the time of their' releases there was no other OO model diesel which compared to them. I blame Paddy Murphy for turning me into a pernickety railway modeler.

• Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 1

3 hours ago, connollystn said:

Think that this weekend should be all about the exhibition. If Paddy turns up with 141/181 locomotives good and well but, if not, there will still be a show on with lots of layouts to see and people to chat with. The one thing I will say about those locomotives - at the time of their' releases there was no other OO model diesel which compared to them. I blame Paddy Murphy for turning me into a pernickety railway modeler.

Yip agree. Those Bachmann 141/181s from MM still stand up quality wise, and the chassis still drives with better precision  than many Bachman and Hornby diesels.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

55 minutes ago, Noel said:

Yip agree. Those Bachmann 141/181s from MM still stand up quality wise, and the chassis still drives with better precision  than many Bachman and Hornby diesels.

Correct….I’ve had very few issues with any of them since they were introduced back in 2007. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, murphaph said:

With all the IRM excitement this topic has gone a bit quiet. Was anything formally announced by Paddy at the MRSI show today?

You'll be happy to hear there were 3 new IR liveried locos. A dayglo version, non dayglo tipex livery and super train with IR logo.

There was also two IÉ models, one with the large LED cluster marker lights and one with the older type which we didn't get in the previous run. 

I didn't see much difference between them and the first run apart from the roof detail/antennas were fitted. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative 1

3 minutes ago, murphaph said:

With all the IRM excitement this topic has gone a bit quiet. Was anything formally announced by Paddy at the MRSI show today?

The brand new Daimler fire truck, Mark 2s and upgraded 141s all there

Mark 3s are a bit hard to produce between suburban styles ect. 

201s are also still in pipeline, details need to be finalised however 

Just now, gm171 kk said:

You'll be happy to hear there were 3 new IR liveried locos. A dayglo version, non dayglo tipex livery and super train with IR logo.

There was also two IÉ models, one with the large LED cluster marker lights and one with the older type which we didn't get in the previous run. 

I didn't see much difference between them and the first run apart from the roof detail/antennas were fitted. 

There was also a ladder at the side?

• Thanks 1
  • Informative 1

4 minutes ago, gm171 kk said:

4 minutes ago, Westcorkrailway said:

The brand new Daimler fire truck, Mark 2s and upgraded 141s all there

Mark 3s are a bit hard to produce between suburban styles ect. 

201s are also still in pipeline, details need to be finalised however 

Thanks chaps. Hmmm, sounds like I need to save the pennies. I'd be interested in all 5 of those loco liveries!

Edited by murphaph
  • Like 1

Wonderful to see, these will bring joy to all those modellers who missed out on the previous baby GM versions. Fair pricing no doubt compared to eBay high prices these past 4 years. Between IRM and MM this hobby is flying, no wonder there are so many folks joining or re-joining the hobby in Ireland.

I just love the IR versions 174 and 154. Wonder if its been made any easier to get a decoder inside? Novice modellers find it tricky. The 121 and IRM A classes made this simplicity itself.

Edited by Noel

Are these Bachmann commissions or Paddy's own model using tooling bought from Bachmann, or new tooling?

Would love some hints on price guidelines but WRENNEIRE did say the other day that there was no confirmed pricing.

Would also love to have an idea of what year / quarter it's likely to expect these and the Mk2D's

Or maybe Paddy is meticulously preparing the biggest and most painful April Fool's joke ever, repainting models that were returned under warrantee years ago, laughing uncontrollably every second he's alone.

P.S.: I hope there were hats eaten today!

6 minutes ago, DJ Dangerous said:

Are these Bachmann commissions or Paddy's own model using tooling bought from Bachmann, or new tooling?

Would love some hints on price guidelines but WRENNEIRE did say the other day that there was no confirmed pricing.

Would also love to have an idea of what year / quarter it's likely to expect these and the Mk2D's

Or maybe Paddy is meticulously preparing the biggest and most painful April Fool's joke ever, repainting models that were returned under warrantee years ago, laughing uncontrollably every second he's alone.

P.S.: I hope there were hats eaten today!

Expect a €189-€200ish guide for the 141/181s. 

• Like 2
  • Informative 1