New murphy Models 141s

Rate this topic

Westcorkrailway

9 hours ago, Warbonnet said:

Hi Everyone,

Murphy Models 141 Prices and Delivery Date Confirmed - Pre-Ordering Now Open complete and shipping from the factory from China will commence on February 1st, 2024. We ex locomotives in stock in Mid-Late March.

Price has also now been confirmed as €229.95.

What Do You Need To Do?

Fran 

10 hours ago, BosKonay said:

Now that Paddy has confirmed the RRP and arrival date (May) we're able to revert to our normal, no money down, preorders. There is also time for those who want to use the Partial.ly option to split the costs over the next 3 months (weekly, or monthly) if it helps...

So lads, is it mid to late March or May? Just asking.......

They are expensive and they are a luxury. If you want to run Irish trains, well you will need one at least. It is discretionary spend, if your household budget can afford it. Going on previous batches, they will look and run well. The trouble being that not everyone who wanted these to arrive may have the money to hand. I do not know what the batch number produced will amount to, but I would predict that given the size of the market for Irish Railway stock just enough were produced to make the issue financially viable. They will not be available for stockist to reorder so factoring all of this in to the equation I would say you will be lucky if there are any available to buy this time next year.

Finances dictating, get in while you can. Things are expensive for Irish railway modellers right now considering what has hit the market and what is to come. As has been stated a number of times, who would have thought modellers of the Irish Railway scene would have to budget for numerous releases. If you can afford it buy what you want. In times to come when you get your dream railway up and running, not much point then rueing the fact that you missed out on one of these.

• Like 8
  • Agree 1

30 minutes ago, DonderBlitzen said:

At the bottom of the email is another link to add to basket for multiple orders, you can do that for each email you get and buy them all together.

Blatantly obvious in hindsight, thanks

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, derek said:

So lads, is it mid to late March or May? Just asking.......

Ya 🫣

10 minutes ago, spudfan said:

They are expensive and they are a luxury. If you want to run Irish trains, well you will need one at least. It is discretionary spend, if your household budget can afford it. Going on previous batches, they will look and run well. The trouble being that not everyone who wanted these to arrive may have the money to hand. I do not know what the batch number produced will amount to, but I would predict that given the size of the market for Irish Railway stock just enough were produced to make the issue financially viable. They will not be available for stockist to reorder so factoring all of this in to the equation I would say you will be lucky if there are any available to buy this time next year.

Finances dictating, get in while you can. Things are expensive for Irish railway modellers right now considering what has hit the market and what is to come. As has been stated a number of times, who would have thought modellers of the Irish Railway scene would have to budget for numerous releases. If you can afford it buy what you want. In times to come when you get your dream railway up and running, not much point then rueing the fact that you missed out on one of these.

Fair comment 

18 hours ago, BosKonay said:

Unless you received a cancellation, no. What will happen is the instalments will continue until the stock arrives then the balance will be due. HTH

The partial.ly email just took time to roll in - all set now for the IR & IE ones, paying over three months. So when they land, there will be still a balance for me to pay, but that's no problem. 

At least my name is in the pot now so to speak!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ganderino said:

Ahh well there you go, so would that mean Mr.Murphy possesses all the original tooling for these locos? Or will it be different tooling used? Will these locos be any different to the original excluding running numbers? Thanks

The clue to the running numbers is in the catalogue number, Paddy uses running numbers prefixed with MM as his catalogue numbers. 

• Informative 1

11 hours ago, ganderino said:

Ahh well there you go, so would that mean Mr.Murphy possesses all the original tooling for these locos? Or will it be different tooling used? Will these locos be any different to the original excluding running numbers? Thanks

He owns the tooling........

• Thanks 1
  • Informative 1

2 minutes ago, Dempsey said:

Do you have to go through partial.ly for putting down a deposit as it says you can do or is it a case that if you hit pay now it loads that option?

You can use partially from the cart if you want to split the cost into installments between now and March/April. 

Otherwise checkout normally to pay nothing now and the full balance when they are in stock. 

24 minutes ago, Dempsey said:

I know it gives a date that the amount is due, the pay now throw so thought better to check. Thanks for the reply Bos

once they are in we’ll send you a mail and the system will try the card three days later. You can log in at any time in the mean time and settle using any method you prefer too

Well the wife caught me browsing this thread and she said.

"So Mr Murphy has some new models coming out and I suppose you will want to get one? Well you know what that means...." 

Thank God to who ever invented the light switch.

• Funny 1

59 minutes ago, spudfan said:

Well the wife caught me browsing this thread and she said.

"So Mr Murphy has some new models coming out and I suppose you will want to get one? Well you know what that means...." 

Thank God to who ever invented the light switch.

Only one?

• Like 1

On 24/1/2024 at 3:30 PM, murphaph said:

They are a good 30 quid a loco more expensive than I had "psychologically budgeted" for. I had a figure of ca. €200 in my head, given the A was more of a loco for €190, but factoring in the (presumably?) much smaller run size with these ones.

Likewise, Phil. I had assumed they would come in around the 200 mark, so I was a little surprised when the price was eventually confirmed. Plus, there's the added cost of the decoders. 

I have to admit, I was reluctant after the announcement. It got me thinking, do I actually need them? I have a mixture of the IR/IE liveried locomotives from the first run and they're a superb model.

Anyway, I had a think. The fear of missing out on these, and then regretting it, pushed me to pull the trigger. Glad I did now. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 3

I tried to place my order today via the links I got for the two locos I pre-ordered, but I keep getting an error message when I want to confirm about 'the order total being changed' and thus can't complete the order.

I have send a support email via the website. I don't know what I am doing wrong: I ordered bothe via the 'buy multiple' link and proceeded to checkout normally...

1 hour ago, diesels said:

I tried to place my order today via the links I got for the two locos I pre-ordered, but I keep getting an error message when I want to confirm about 'the order total being changed' and thus can't complete the order.

I have send a support email via the website. I don't know what I am doing wrong: I ordered bothe via the 'buy multiple' link and proceeded to checkout normally...

You should be able to just add what you want to the cart in the normal way?

I've managed to collect 16 of the original Bachmann/MM ones since 2008, so won't be splashing out much. Might get a few of the black'n'tan versions more suited to my era. But I'm sure this rerun will sell like hot cakes due to the pent up demand from new model train enthusiasts who missed out on the first runs. Bye bye eBay.

Edited by Noel

13 hours ago, Noel said:

I've managed to collect 16 of the original Bachmann/MM ones since 2008, so won't be splashing out much. Might get a few of the black'n'tan versions more suited to my era. But I'm sure this rerun will sell like hot cakes due to the pent up demand from new model train enthusiasts who missed out on the first runs. Bye bye eBay.

In fairness the recent secondhand prices have been sub €200 in most cases. The price highs of 2021/2 seem to have passed for these locos for whatever reason. Perhaps folks actually anticipated these new ones coming in cheaper, thus suppressing the secondhand prices and these prices may actually increase again now that there are in fact no low cost new ones coming onto the market. Who knows. That's not a prediction from me as I certainly don't know lol.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

39 minutes ago, murphaph said:

In fairness the recent secondhand prices have been sub €200 in most cases. The price highs of 2021/2 seem to have passed for these locos for whatever reason. Perhaps folks actually anticipated these new ones coming in cheaper, thus suppressing the secondhand prices and these prices may actually increase again now that there are in fact no low cost new ones coming onto the market. Who knows. That's not a prediction from me as I certainly don't know lol.

Agree. As far as I know they will have a speaker but same lighting arrangement as original run (ie no separate headlights), alas no easy decoder access hatch. Its hard to improve on what was almost perfection back in 2008.

Just now, Noel said:

Agree. As far as I know they will have a speaker but same lighting arrangement as original run (ie no separate headlights), alas no easy decoder access hatch. Its hard to improve on what was almost perfection back in 2008.

As regards the decoders for these, what decoder is used for them? Is there any available?

55 minutes ago, murphaph said:

Yeah, the price has been sub-€200 for a long time now. €200 for a BNIB never-run example, maybe. Nearly sure that Euvi Rail had one listed a few months back, and had to re-list as it didn't sell.

13 minutes ago, Noel said:

Where did you get the info on the decoder hatch? From Paddy himself? I couldn't find that anywhere. The Murphy Models website says that the lighting arrangement is all new, and @WRENNEIRE said that the tooling had been tweaked, but the decoder access was a blank - until right now!

Edited by DJ Dangerous
Added URL
  • Agree 1

I also understood that the PCB has been redesigned to provide more prototypical lighting such as one shunting lights, in which case it would be bizarre if the headlights and white marker lights weren't also independently controllable.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Noel said:

Thought I heard something about the new ones having the capability for the shunt-lighting set up of one red and one white light on at the same time…? Could be wrong there though

Edited by 226 Abhann na Suire

33 minutes ago, JasonB said:

The silence is deafening. 

Don't you know?

Silence is golden (era), golden (era), la la la la la laaaaaaaa!

1 minute ago, 226 Abhann na Suire said:

Thought I heard something about the new ones having the capability for the shunt-lighting set up of one red and one white light on at the same time…? Could be wrong there though

Yeah:

9 hours ago, DJ Dangerous said:

The Murphy Models website says that the lighting arrangement is all new, and @WRENNEIRE said that the tooling had been tweaked, but the decoder access was a blank - until right now!

• Like 1