New murphy Models 141s

Rate this topic

Westcorkrailway

1 hour ago, gm171 kk said:

I was wondering why Hattons were shifting so many of the older 141s the past week... 

I saw about three of them pass through Hatton's last week. Nearly sure that one of the three was a junker, but all three went for £200 GBP plus.

Tempted to let one or two of my own duplicates go and buy newer running numbers, as I'm sure a few people are, but not sure if it's worth the hassle, and not sure if I'll regret it a few months down the line.

Oh dear, oh dear. Spare a thought for us poor " catcher uppers". I only have two Irish locos and virtually no rolling stock( by "virtually" I mean I have no rolling stock whatsoever😄).  Park Royals ordered for the new year, hoping Leslie will bring out those wagons he has been talking about recently( cie bagged cement wagons) and hopefully pick up another couple bits and pieces. And now I am going to have to force myself to buy at least one of these babies. Hmmmm, wonder what a slightly abused kidney is making on the ol Ebay? 🤔

Edited by derek
  • Like 3
  • Funny 2

On 11/8/2023 at 9:08 AM, Dempsey said:

Not to high jack the topic but is there any word on the 201s since the 141/181 and mk2s are listed

2 minutes ago, derek said:

Or even 071s? In for a penny.....................

Patience, you two!

We're not all old, rich and retired...

The bank will be well and truly broken for the next nine months as things stand.

😂

• Funny 3

42 minutes ago, BosKonay said:

Yes 201’s and indeed more 071 are in the plan. IRm will have preorders live Monday for all announced models  

###dfghuyjhttgfxcvbnjkoiuytrfcvbjhgfvbnkjhygfcvbnjkiuyhgfgvbhj!!!!!!!!!!

32 minutes ago, Broithe said:

Bank?

I'm having trouble sleeping at night now.

Not just because of the worry of penury, but because the mattress is empty now.

Did one of the bodies finally decompose?

Edited by DJ Dangerous
  • WOW! 1

Based on what has been listed by Hatton's, and whatever photos and comments have been posted here on the forum, the list would look to be as follows.

Hopefully, this is of help to anybody who needs to plan or budget.

This is not an official list, and could be completely incorrect, but I feel like it's going to be accurate enough.

2023-08-14 Murphy Models 141 181 Class Locos.jpg

Edited by DJ Dangerous
  • Like 1
  • Informative 1

25 minutes ago, BosKonay said:

https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/murphy-models-class-141-181

Same deal as with the Coaches, we purely have a SKU, and intended livery - no other details as yet, so we're inviting an 'EOI' (just an intent) to gauge numbers. 

We will match or beat any other pricing, anywhere, and our usual rewards points and free postage apply.

😮😮😮😮😮 Again!

How or where does one express one's interest?

2023-08-15 IRM MM 141 181 02.jpg

On 8/8/2023 at 5:35 PM, enniscorthyman said:

Reminds me of when the original 141/181s came our in 2007/8.They were a game changer and certainly changed the Irish model railway scene.I was on the old Microsoft MSN irish model railway site.The excitement was enormous.

Great news. Yes those originals are probably why most of us are running model trains on Irish layouts.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

141/181s are all that are needed to model Irish railways from 1962 until 2007. Wherever you felt there might be a need for an 071 just substitute a pair of baby GMs in consist. Their diminutive size makes them perfect for typical layout sizes. They will never look out of place even on shorter radius track bends.

• Agree 4

Having cleaned JM Designs out of house and home wagon wise only this morning, I went on earlier strictly for a look and nothing more, as I'd already exceeded my budget for this month and have 3 Baby GMs already. Need I tell you more? 2 pre-ordered inside of 5 minutes on the 'sure I won't be paying anything until 2024' get out clause. I like to think of myself as fairly self-disciplined but when it comes to this hobby I realise I have all the will power of a freshwater stickleback. 

• Like 4
  • Funny 4

13 minutes ago, Leyny said:

Having cleaned JM Designs out of house and home wagon wise only this morning, I went on earlier strictly for a look and nothing more, as I'd already exceeded my budget for this month and have 3 Baby GMs already. Need I tell you more? 2 pre-ordered inside of 5 minutes on the 'sure I won't be paying anything until 2024' get out clause. I like to think of myself as fairly self-disciplined but when it comes to this hobby I realise I have all the will power of a freshwater stickleback. 

Me too!

• Funny 4

37 minutes ago, Leyny said:

It'll be Me3 when I get home tonight. Have already spoken with Mr. @murphaph to see if he can weather a few.

Does anybody know what the decoder access is like? I remember some members, possibly @gm171 kk and @WRENNEIRE, posting photos from the Raheny show last October, but can't remember what was said about decoder access.