New murphy Models 141s

Rate this topic

Westcorkrailway

11 minutes ago, DJ Dangerous said:

It'll be Me3 when I get home tonight. Have already spoken with Mr. @murphaph to see if he can weather a few.

Does anybody know what the decoder access is like? I remember some members, possibly @gm171 kk and @WRENNEIRE, posting photos from the Raheny show last October, but can't remember what was said about decoder access.

I've two of the first batch, which despite having less space, I got DCC installed in them OK.

• Like 1

I see there's a lot of baby GMs on ebay recently for the first time in many months. I'm hanging on to mine, they were iconic and a seismic change to the hobby back in 2007 and 2008. The new models are almost identical, so no need to change, the mk1 versions of the incredible MM 141/181s even today surpass many model diesels in terms of scale detail and especially incredible precision running chassis. I knew the moment I ran the first one they were something really special no 182 bought at Malahide castle shop in 2008 when the big O gauge Fry layout was operating there. But it will be fantastic for the current crop of modellers who missed out on the originals to be able to buy them new, at sane non-ebay prices. Happy days, IRM mk2, MM mk2, IRM ICRs all coming down the line. Mk3 remain a mystery.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Noel said:

I see there's a lot of baby GMs on ebay recently for the first time in many months. I'm hanging on to mine, they were iconic and a seismic change to the hobby back in 2007 and 2008. The new models are almost identical, so no need to change, the mk1 versions of the incredible MM 141/181s even today surpass many model diesels in terms of scale detail and especially incredible precision running chassis. I knew the moment I ran the first one they were something really special no 182 bought at Malahide castle shop in 2008 when the big O gauge Fry layout was operating there. But it will be fantastic for the current crop of modellers who missed out on the originals to be able to buy them new, at sane non-ebay prices. Happy days, IRM mk2, MM mk2, IRM ICRs all coming down the line. Mk3 remain a mystery.

I see one is black’n’tan 147. In the normal course I’d be probably buy it, but I bought three 141s originally to renumbered one to 145, and another to 147, as I remember them crossing at Tuam!

• Like 2

I have pre-ordered the 5 tippex ones. I'd rather have them and not need them than need them and not have them. @BosKonay I inadvertently placed the pre-orders without being logged in but the pre-order name/email form confirmation popup said the pre-order was successful. I am assuming this is ok and that I don't need to repeat in a logged in state?

Edit: The 5 confirmation emails arrived so I guess it's all good.

Edited by murphaph
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

These few posts seemed like a relevant update to this thread:

4 hours ago, Bob229 said:

Anyone visit Murphy Models stand?

3 hours ago, DJ Dangerous said:

Dying to hear and see more of the current and pending projects!

2 hours ago, DonderBlitzen said:

I did, 141s end of January. Re run of 071s and 201s with some new paint schemes. Can't remember when the coaches are but further on in the year. He mentioned something else in the works but couldn't remember what it was at the time.

So, new 141's probably due late January, but bear in mind that the Chinese New Year often delays things a little.

1 hour ago, BEANO3005 said:

I noticed that 174 still had the vents under the headlight. Only the 181s had these, so I hope this is corrected. 

The cab numbers on the IR and IE versions are still a little over scale. 

Otherwise they look stunning and I've them on my list. 

Screenshot_20231029_165127_Gallery.jpg

I wonder if it would be easier to re-number them as 184, rather then change the vents?

The last 184 was in later IE livery so no clash there.

• Agree 1

• 2 months later...
46 minutes ago, DJ Dangerous said:

Just received an email saying that these are now available to purchase.

Did they sneak in under the radar, right under @MOGUL's nose?

Now that Paddy has confirmed the RRP and arrival date (May) we're able to revert to our normal, no money down, preorders. There is also time for those who want to use the Partial.ly option to split the costs over the next 3 months (weekly, or monthly) if it helps...

Anyone who logged an Expression of interest, should have an email now with links to add those items to their carts for 'real' .

6 minutes ago, BosKonay said:

Now that Paddy has confirmed the RRP and arrival date (May) we're able to revert to our normal, no money down, preorders. There is also time for those who want to use the Partial.ly option to split the costs over the next 3 months (weekly, or monthly) if it helps...

Anyone who logged an Expression of interest, should have an email now with links to add those items to their carts for 'real' .

The price is a bit of a jump over the A Class.

Any inkling as to the finalised specifications, fitted speakers, cab lights, magnetic decoder hatches etc?

10 minutes ago, BosKonay said:

I have added locos into my basket, but at the checkout screen, I am not seeing any Partial.ly payment option?

EDIT: just spotted the Partial.ly option at the bottom of the screen!

Edited by skinner75

Just now, skinner75 said:

I have added locos into my basket, but at the checkout screen, I am not seeing any Partial.ly payment option?

I had this issue too last year I believe. You have to select partially it in the step before you go to the checkout IIRC. I asked this same question a few months back if you want to search for it.

• Like 2

Hi Everyone,

Murphy Models 141 Prices and Delivery Date Confirmed - Pre-Ordering Now Open

Murphy Models has confirmed that production of their new run of 141 and 181 Class Locomotives will be complete and shipping from the factory from China will commence on February 1st, 2024. We expect these locomotives in stock in Mid-Late March.

Price has also now been confirmed as €229.95.

What Do You Need To Do?

If you previously registered an "Expression of Interest" with us regarding the model, you will have received an email from us this morning requesting that you turn your expression of interest into a formal order with us. We require this to know if you wish to proceed with the order so we can confirm our order from Murphy Models, as production of these locomotives is strictly limited.

If you did not receive one, or register in the first place, then you can still pre-order via the links below. You will not be charged until the locomotives are arriving with Murphy Models.

Please note that we are currently awaiting updated images of the new models from Murphy Models, so the current images may not fully represent the final model.

Pre-Order here: https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/murphy-models-class-141-181

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 7

€229 price for those. Glad I got them for <120 back in the day.

The ones going on FB recently for around 200 sponds so were are Bargain.

Did I read somewhere that there was there one Loco in the new batch that had IR and IE Logos on it, The pictures listed are not the pics of the actual locos.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Warbonnet said:

Hi Everyone,

Murphy Models has confirmed that production of their new run of 141 and 181 Class Locomotives will be complete and shipping from the factory from China will commence on February 1st, 2024. We expect these locomotives in stock in Mid-Late March.

What Do You Need To Do?

If you previously registered an "Expression of Interest" with us regarding the model, you will have received an email from us this morning requesting that you turn your expression of interest into a formal order with us. We require this to know if you wish to proceed with the order so we can confirm our order from Murphy Models, as production of these locomotives is strictly limited.

If you did not receive one, or register in the first place, then you can still pre-order via the links below. You will not be charged until the locomotives are arriving with Murphy Models.

Please note that we are currently awaiting updated images of the new models from Murphy Models, so the current images may not fully represent the final model.

Pre-Order here: https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/murphy-models-class-141-181

Cheers!

Fran 

How are they more expensive than the likes of the IRM A’s? 🤔

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DJ Dangerous said:

Just received an email saying that these are now available to purchase.

Did they sneak in under the radar, right under @MOGUL's nose?

Nope, sorry to burst the bubble but they are available to purchase rather than ready to ship..

Current ETA to us is rather fittingly just in time for St. Patricks Day!

48 minutes ago, skinner75 said:

EDIT: just spotted the Partial.ly option at the bottom of the screen!

47 minutes ago, murphaph said:

I had this issue too last year I believe. You have to select partially it in the step before you go to the checkout IIRC. I asked this same question a few months back if you want to search for it.

Gents, just to clarify, Partial.ly is only accepted for pre-orders with at least a six-month lead time as goods are not reserved until payment is completed in full. The 141/181s are due in approximatley six weeks.

https://irishrailwaymodels.com/pages/flexible-instalment-options

• Informative 1

52 minutes ago, Garfield said:

Gents, just to clarify, Partial.ly is only accepted for pre-orders with at least a six-month lead time as goods are not reserved until payment is completed in full. The 141/181s are due in approximatley six weeks.

https://irishrailwaymodels.com/pages/flexible-instalment-options

I had a look at my orders section, and can't see the IR/IE locos I did the preorder on this morning with Partial.ly as the payment option (paid over three months) - was my order automatically cancelled? 

EDIT: ok, so "Preorder items that are imminently arriving, or in stock items, that order with partial.ly will be automatically cancelled. " - that answers that!

Edited by skinner75
  • Informative 1

Lovely models but I can't see them a fast seller.

Because of the price, the market if already flooded with locos, the pending IRM C Class, its a previous issued model available cheaper on ebay and the coming  ICRs 

We need more coaching stock not locos me thinks 🙂

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, skinner75 said:

I had a look at my orders section, and can't see the IR/IE locos I did the preorder on this morning with Partial.ly as the payment option (paid over three months) - was my order automatically cancelled? 

EDIT: ok, so "Preorder items that are imminently arriving, or in stock items, that order with partial.ly will be automatically cancelled. " - that answers that!

Unless you received a cancellation, no. What will happen is the instalments will continue until the stock arrives then the balance will be due. HTH

40 minutes ago, K801 said:

Because of the price, the market if already flooded with locos, the pending IRM C Class, its a previous issued model available cheaper on ebay and the coming  ICRs 

Based on EOIs and preorders in the last few hours, you may be mistaken! 

They are a good 30 quid a loco more expensive than I had "psychologically budgeted" for. I had a figure of ca. €200 in my head, given the A was more of a loco for €190, but factoring in the (presumably?) much smaller run size with these ones. Ah well, I still followed through on all 5 (tippex) I had on pre-order and pulled the trigger just now. I have the 9 tippex ones from the first run but I told myself with another 5 I can justify running most of them as double headers as they mostly were on the Cork main line by the mid 90's. Money is easy to spend when you want to spend it. 

I'd be more than a little suprised if these don't sell well. The baby GMs have long been the most desired re-run loco (or anything?) on this site haven't they?

• Like 5
  • Agree 4

6 hours ago, DJ Dangerous said:

The price is a bit of a jump over the A Class.

Any inkling as to the finalised specifications, fitted speakers, cab lights, magnetic decoder hatches etc?

From the |Murphy Models website,  (obviously the shipping date has changed in the meantime)

Class 141 Locomotives

The Class 141/181 loco manufacturing process is complete, the locos are assembled, painted, packed, are due to ship before Chinese New Year (early Feb). DCC and DCC sound chips will be available at the same time. The main PCBs and light PCBs have been reengineered to accommodate the new factory installed speaker and facilitate the shunting light configuration of one white and one red light simultaneously. Arrival date is likely the beginning of Aprils.
Edited by Ironroad
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative 1

46 minutes ago, BosKonay said:

Unless you received a cancellation, no. What will happen is the instalments will continue until the stock arrives then the balance will be due. HTH

I tried to place the preorder with partial.ly this morning, for the IR/IE locos. If I look under My Orders in my account, I don't see the order, and received no email to say the order had been placed.

Feck it, I'll dig out the credit card this evening and order them on that, and select pay in full

1 hour ago, K801 said:

How dare you? We don't need more coaching stock! We need 47' Container Flats and Dublin Buses!

😂

22 minutes ago, skinner75 said:

I tried to place the preorder with partial.ly this morning, for the IR/IE locos. If I look under My Orders in my account, I don't see the order, and received no email to say the order had been placed.

Feck it, I'll dig out the credit card this evening and order them on that, and select pay in full

Have you logged into your partial.ly account itself to check?

34 minutes ago, Ironroad said:

From the |Murphy Models website,  (obviously the shipping date has changed in the meantime)

Class 141 Locomotives

The Class 141/181 loco manufacturing process is complete, the locos are assembled, painted, packed, are due to ship before Chinese New Year (early Feb). DCC and DCC sound chips will be available at the same time. The main PCBs and light PCBs have been reengineered to accommodate the new factory installed speaker and facilitate the shunting light configuration of one white and one red light simultaneously. Arrival date is likely the beginning of Aprils.

Saw the spec on the website alright, but I'm wondering if there's something that's been added since then.

Edited by DJ Dangerous
Spelling

Hi DJ, yep, checked it on the Partial.ly website, and can only see my fully paid up ICR order.

That being said, the credit card was one that had expired at the end of last year, so that may have been the issue, although I would have thought it would have prompted to update the card

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Warbonnet said:

Hi Everyone,

What Do You Need To Do?

Cheers!

Fran 

€229.95 for a DCC ready locomotive and add roughly €100.00 for the sound chip = €330.00, how times have changed-like George has said I’m glad I bought my ones back in 2007,add a speaker and a sound chip will be cheaper for me. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2