New murphy Models 141s

Rate this topic

Westcorkrailway

Hot off the press:
From Murphy models

Paddy will be showing pre-production samples of Class141/181 locos this week-end at the MRSI show. There will be 1 new fleet number in each of the four liveries (CIE, Supertrain, IR, IE) in both loco types.  There will be a number of improvements, including the fitting of a speaker. No guidance on price due to the volatility of currency markets.  

Also at the show he will have examples of the Mark2d coach in IR livery. As before, there will be 1st., standard, composite, restaurant and egv. Photos to follow. There will be a new bogie to conform with the prototype and will facilitate 21mm conversions.

of course this happens the second I’ve bought a 141 

What do ye think of this rumour?

• Like 3
  • Funny 1

33 minutes ago, Flying Snail said:

Brilliant news - sorry for you and everyone else thats been driven to fork out so much recently, but its great news for newcomers like me especially. Mind you, I think the earlier runs will still be able to command decent money too

Don’t get me wrong, 2 years ago when I was only starting out I was begging for a re-run of a 141! Now since I have one I’m less so! Hopefully they make 142 as that’s a exact 141 I was going to make out of my 141

18 minutes ago, Westcorkrailway said:

Had me wondering. What has become of the 201s, mark 3s, ect. Presumably we will find out when we ask ourselves saterday 

What do you mean by "what has become" of them? You make it sound like they have been cancelled or inundated with problems?

22 minutes ago, chris said:

add it to the queue behind all the other promised stuff I suppose...

Why "behind" ? It sounds like there will be samples and photos, which would imply that these are not "behind" anything else but ahead of them.

Mk2D's were always the logical choice before Mk3's, assuming the tooling still exists.

28 minutes ago, chris said:

add it to the queue behind all the other promised stuff I suppose...

How many models have you released Chris? 

Without giving away too much detail(not my place to do it), I can confirm this one has some substance to it

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, DJ Dangerous said:

What do you mean by "what has become" of them? You make it sound like they have been cancelled or inundated with problems?

Why "behind" ? It sounds like there will be samples and photos, which would imply that these are not "behind" anything else but ahead of them.

Mk2D's were always the logical choice before Mk3's, assuming the tooling still exists.

I say it as in an announcement like this I’d expect some word about them? Again I have all day saterday to enquire about them….

1 hour ago, Flying Snail said:

Brilliant news - sorry for you and everyone else thats been driven to fork out so much recently, but its great news for newcomers like me especially. Mind you, I think the earlier runs will still be able to command decent money too

There are still a few gentlemen in the hobby. Not every 141 that changes hands goes for silly money 😉

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, Westcorkrailway said:

I say it as in an announcement like this I’d expect some word about them? Again I have all day saterday to enquire about them….

You make it sound like you have a problem, or that there is a problem. Not as bad as your man saying "promised" as if he's been personally let down by Paddy Murphy. Jaysus, when there's something to be announced, it'll be announced. How about not bitching about wanting another announcement, within hours of this one?

4 minutes ago, murphaph said:

There are still a few gentlemen in the hobby. Not every 141 that changes hands goes for silly money 😉

Pretty sure that YOU sold one to a forum member recently, in basically brand new condition, for less than a new one is likely to cost. Not everybody is a gouger.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DJ Dangerous said:

Pretty sure that YOU sold one to a forum member recently, in basically brand new condition, for less than a new one is likely to cost. Not everybody is a gouger.

Ah she was just "resting in my account" so to speak. The original owner, a good friend of mine is the real gentleman. I just handled the advertising and postage 🙂

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, murphaph said:

Indeed I’ve had 3 people offer 141 locos in the 120-140 range…amazingly I managed to get a 141 with DCC from Germany for an extraordinary price, for which I'm forever thankful 😉. it actually works out at being my cheapest loco I have ever purchased…and some of mine are 2nd hand with no DCC! 

2 minutes ago, DJ Dangerous said:

You make it sound like you have a problem, or that there is a problem. Not as bad as your man saying "promised" as if he's been personally let down by Paddy Murphy. Jaysus, when there's something to be announced, it'll be announced. How about not bitching about wanting another announcement, within hours of this one?

Not at all, I’m genuinely curious is all! I was potentially taking a leap into another era of models if they were hence the interest. Paddy has had enough people whinging, I wish not be another one! At Inchicore works I did tell him I’d love a 141 to come out once again.

good news for IRM too. If I had not had a 141 at this stage there is a good chance I may not have pre-ordered the Fertiliser wagons. Now that I have one (and by the looks of things a few more will finally have one. A few IRM wagons may start selling out a bit faster…

• Like 9

20 minutes ago, murphaph said:

Oh absolutely, and there's an awful lot of those gentlemen on this forum, including your good self - I was a bit clumsy with my choice of words there so apologies. I should have said 'anyone' instead of 'everyone': there are plenty of good guys (and gals) out there and I didn't mean to imply otherwise 🙂

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

personally slightly dismayed by this as i hesitantly purchased a few of these last year due to not expecting another release of these for a considerable amount of time as the 201 rerun was to come first.

that being said overall its great news for the scene to see another run of these finally pop up.

oh well alll these new announcements are a nice reassurance that i dont need to be continually hoarding models in order to get what i need/want

• Like 1

Just now, Sean said:

personally slightly dismayed by this as i hesitantly purchased a few of these last year due to not expecting another release of these for a considerable amount of time as the 201 rerun was to come first.

that being said overall its great news for the scene to see another run of these finally pop up.

oh well alll these new announcements are a nice reassurance that i dont need to be continually hoarding models in order to get what i need/want

You're alive!!!

Where have you been the past few months?

Ferts, Kegs, Container Liners and now 141's AND bargain Taras all abound!

If true this is great news. MM's original 141 & 181s are probably the main reason the hobby exists in Ireland. Certainly the catalysts that enabled a generation to switch from BR outline to the Irish scene with decent models. The great eBay rip off may be over (for now).

• Like 5

I thought the 121s and A's would result in some baby GM price moderation but if anything the opposite happened as new people presumably came into the hobby and then demand for the rarer pre-owned models just increased. I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing happens again. Long term it's clearly the best thing for (almost) everyone if there are more people involved in the hobby of course.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, murphaph said:

I thought the 121s and A's would result in some baby GM price moderation but if anything the opposite happened as new people presumably came into the hobby and then demand for the rarer pre-owned models just increased. I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing happens again. Long term it's clearly the best thing for (almost) everyone if there are more people involved in the hobby of course.

Which means either demand has gone up, or scalpers love to scalp, or a combination of both 

I’d like to think that it’s the demand! 

17 minutes ago, Westcorkrailway said:

Which means either demand has gone up, or scalpers love to scalp, or a combination of both 

I’d like to think that it’s the demand! 

I'm sure it's mostly down to increased demand in a growing market. This bodes well for us all in time. Have we ever had a week with so many announcements? And the IRM lads aren't even finished yet! (and PM may have something else to say too, from what some members have hinted at). I just hope that too much stuff doesn't hit the shelves simultaneously or some of us will have to make difficult choices. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, murphaph said:

I'm sure it's mostly down to increased demand in a growing market. This bodes well for us all in time. Have we ever had a week with so many announcements? And the IRM lads aren't even finished yet! (and PM may have something else to say too, from what some members have hinted at). I just hope that too much stuff doesn't hit the shelves simultaneously or some or of us will have to make difficult choices. 

Body parts (mine not worth much) , Family, house, nothing else springs to mind just yet.

• Funny 2

Tis a sad scene in my office today, the pride of my bus and truck fleet has been boxed up and will be dropped off to the Post office tomorrow 

On the plus side, I will be a couple of hundred better off coming into the weekend to fund my IRM ferts and a few more bits and pieces.. 

It feels a bit like selling my knee caps to buy new earlobes, the things we do for love!

Now the only question is, will Paddy take my first born as payment for 141s,as I'm running out of things to flog, soon it'll just be me, a desk and boxes of railway models!

Gone to Pastures new.jpg

• Like 3
  • WOW! 1
  • Funny 1

17 minutes ago, MOGUL said:

Tis a sad scene in my office today, the pride of my bus and truck fleet has been boxed up and will be dropped off to the Post office tomorrow 

On the plus side, I will be a couple of hundred better off coming into the weekend to fund my IRM ferts and a few more bits and pieces.. 

It feels a bit like selling my knee caps to buy new earlobes, the things we do for love!

Now the only question is, will Paddy take my first born as payment for 141s,as I'm running out of things to flog, soon it'll just be me, a desk and boxes of railway models!

Gone to Pastures new.jpg

I had to do the same thing if it’s any consultation! 

• Funny 1

18 minutes ago, MOGUL said:

I'd say Paddy's gonna have to open his own nursery with everybody offering their kids up in exchange for a few locos.

1 minute ago, Westcorkrailway said:

I had to do the same thing if it’s any consultation! 

Are you a consultant now?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Funny 3