New murphy Models 141s

Rate this topic

Westcorkrailway

8 hours ago, TimO said:

Access for the decoder is definitely the same as the original batch, that is, remove one cab, then remove the body with the other cab. There is a new pub with built in speaker.

Where are you and @Noel getting the info on decoder access? Is it on one of the Facebook groups or something?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 25/1/2024 at 3:51 PM, BosKonay said:

once they are in we’ll send you a mail and the system will try the card three days later. You can log in at any time in the mean time and settle using any method you prefer too

The button to put them in the cart seems to be missing, PREORDER only except the two BnTs (luckily). I’ll try again today…

Late to the party on this... but personally I'll be giving these a miss. I own 5 of the older 141/181's already which is quite enough for my small layout.

Also, no disrespect to PM and his efforts, but I don't think the minor upgrades to the model will be enough to justify me adding more of these locos to my fleet. But as always fair play to PM for doing the rerun and I've no doubt they'll sell like hot cakes.

Edited by irishthump
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...

Some good news
Locos are on track (sea?) for arrival in Rotterdam on 14th. All going well, shipping and customs, they are expected to arrive in Dublin on he 19th or soon after. just in time for Bangor.

Dedicated DCC and DCC sound chips will be available simultaneously with the locos 
Note that these are NOT compatible with earlier versions.   Catalogue numbers and pricing to be announced
Full info will be downloadable from the MM website.

• Like 10
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative 1

Murphy Models has advised us that their new production run of 141 and 181 Class locomotives will arrive in stock with us week commencing March 25th. 

We will soon be sending customers invoices for their no money down pre-orders in preparation for their arrival. Please note that you can pay now or wait until the locomotives arrive in stock with us.

We will also have news of a dedicated sound decoder and regular DCC decoder for these locomotives in the coming weeks. 

The production run for these locomotives has not been large, and we have almost sold out our entire allocation. Pre-order one of the remaining locos below to avoid disappointment.

(Please note that the images used are from a previous run of these models, so number and livery details may differ)

https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/murphy-models-class-141-181

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

We have just received confirmation that the 141/181s have arrived in Dublin and should be with Murphy Models later this week. We will be getting them in batches, with the first delivery to our warehouse early next week. We will get them out to customers as soon as we can, but will likely begin later next week and will take a number of days to get them out to everyone. 

If you have pre-ordered with us for no money down expect to receive an invoice for payment today.

We will of course keep you updated as we progress. 

We still have a few left for pre-order but numbers are tight! 

https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/murphy-models-class-141-181

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 10
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1

46 minutes ago, ganderino said:

Quick question fran, will the 141/181 be in stock before the irish rail coaches? Got both on preorder but will make payment for the one that arrives first!!

thanks

Alex

The IE Mark 2b/c packs have not yet shipped - and are due toward the end of this Quarter, the MM 141/181s are inbound now.

I received an emailed invoice for payment today but I've already paid for the model as of a few weeks ago. I had only ordered one so if this is in error Is it safe to ignore without have to worry about my card being debited?

• Informative 1

37 minutes ago, Dempsey said:

I received an emailed invoice for payment today but I've already paid for the model as of a few weeks ago. I had only ordered one so if this is in error Is it safe to ignore without have to worry about my card being debited?

All preorders would have had the same email but if you’re paid already you can safely ignore / check the status at https://irishrailwaymodels.com

Well I'm not going to say much on these as I'm usually shot at point blank range. So let's be brief. I would have bought at least 6 of them, had they been correct but I'm only getting two, those being 174 and 191. Had IRM of done these, I have pre-oreded the lot, as they would have been perfect, but silly errors and double the price for very little mmodifications, no thanks. The 1st batch of 141/181s were little gems when released. I still run them today with great pleasure. I am very grateful to MM for the time and effort put into the Irish Model Rail scene, and without him we wouldn't be where we are today. Thanks.

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

On 9/4/2024 at 5:46 PM, BEANO3005 said:

Well I'm not going to say much on these as I'm usually shot at point blank range. So let's be brief. I would have bought at least 6 of them, had they been correct but I'm only getting two, those being 174 and 191. Had IRM of done these, I have pre-oreded the lot, as they would have been perfect, but silly errors and double the price for very little mmodifications, no thanks. The 1st batch of 141/181s were little gems when released. I still run them today with great pleasure. I am very grateful to MM for the time and effort put into the Irish Model Rail scene, and without him we wouldn't be where we are today. Thanks.

I haven’t seen these yet. What errors did you spot?

Although there's a minimum of cosmetic updates on this run, they are still a damn fine model!

Just out of interest... what are the updates to the lighting functions? Does anyone have a photo of the loco with the body off? I'd be very interested to see the new speaker/PCB setup.

• Agree 1

36 minutes ago, Newtoncork said:

Was looking at these in Marks Models today but they didn't seem to have a detail pack. Should they come with one? Thanks.,

Detail Pack included below the plastic insert into the box. 
Includes spare handrails.  
Also remember these models are coming with horn and vac hose fitted compared to the original ones 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative 1

22 hours ago, 226 Abhann na Suire said:

Well I arrived home today to a belated but completely surprise 18th birthday present from the auld tuismitheoraí and suffice to say from the title of this thread, it was orange, black and has 8 wheels!!

I was absolutely overjoyed and I just adore the little thing already! Running in proving a little difficult on my less-than-ideal trackwork but 163, resplendent in IÉ orange and black with the signature DayGlo panels is a gorgeous runner and a very very grateful and welcome addition to the collection!! Thank you Murphy Models!

I also want to pass on a sincere commendation from my dad, he said the crew at IRM were an absolute pleasure to deal with specifically Patrick whom I think he was in contact with. Keep up the amazing work lads, great customer service is so so valuable and means so much to us customers and the one stand out comment about IRM (aside from their unbelievable models of course) is their outstanding customer service so thank you kindly lads!

Happy Friday folks :))

Oisín

IMG_4772.jpeg

IMG_4771.jpeg

IMG_4773.jpeg

IMG_4776.jpeg

Happy belated birthday Oisin. Does your loco sound ok? Mine doesn't. (see elsewhere on here). How do power your layout?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, derek said:

Happy belated birthday Oisin. Does your loco sound ok? Mine doesn't. (see elsewhere on here). How do power your layout?

Thank you! :)) I’ll attach a few videos but yes mine emits a low kind of buzzing/humming noise at around 40/50% speed however when you increase the speed from then on up the noise gets much quieter so it might just be a running-in thing. My MM 071 does a similar thing at low speeds so it could be my controllers too but the noise isn’t really audible over the noise of a train on the tracks.

It’s DC operation and I have two Hornby train set controllers, one for the ‘up’ and ‘down’ line. They’re connected to the track with those Hornby power feed joiner yokes because I’m using Code 75 rail which obviously isn’t compatible with the Hornby power track and I’m also no good at/too scared to try soldering! When the track is in good nick and clean they do provide pretty good reliability in fairness. 

Running light at 40/50% speed

Running light at 70% speed

Running with a train, you can’t really hear the humming anymore 

15 minutes ago, 226 Abhann na Suire said:

Thank you! :)) I’ll attach a few videos but yes mine emits a low kind of buzzing/humming noise at around 40/50% speed however when you increase the speed from then on up the noise gets much quieter so it might just be a running-in thing. My MM 071 does a similar thing at low speeds so it could be my controllers too but the noise isn’t really audible over the noise of a train on the tracks.

It’s DC operation and I have two Hornby train set controllers, one for the ‘up’ and ‘down’ line. They’re connected to the track with those Hornby power feed joiner yokes because I’m using Code 75 rail which obviously isn’t compatible with the Hornby power track and I’m also no good at/too scared to try soldering! When the track is in good nick and clean they do provide pretty good reliability in fairness. 

IMG_4794.mov 37.54 MB · 0 downloads  
Running light at 40/50% speed

IMG_4793.mov 42.68 MB · 0 downloads   Running light at 70% speed

IMG_4790.mov 37.74 MB · 0 downloads  
Running with a train, you can’t really hear the humming anymore 

Hi Oisin. Thanks for the reply, but I can't seem to download your videos. Thanks nonetheless  for taking time to upload them. From what you say in your reply, we seem to have similar set ups (and similar problems). I too use a pair of Hornby controllers. I have never had a problem before this with any of my locos. I have emailed IRM about it so we will see what develops. I wonder if anybody else is having this problem? (Although most probably use DCC) .Thanks again for the reply.

Derek

• Like 1