eBay Watch

Rate this topic

BosKonay

112 in that configuration was on extended loan to IE though so it's got broader appeal. The loco got all over the IE network doing all the jobs any other 071 might do.

I love the NIR stuff and thanks to specials, most of it has managed a visit fairly far south. I always thought there was something "exotic" about seeing NIR stuff at Connolly, probably because I grew up in Newcastle and was used to seeing nothing but supertrain and later tippex liveried stock from the top deck of the 68 passing Heuston. Seeing a blue 111 and white mk2's for the first time is something I still remember vividly.

Edited by murphaph
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, BosKonay said:

Who knows what the future will bring. It reminds me of the Lima 201 days. 

Yes at one stage around 2014 am I correct in recalling that a Lima 201 was for sale for €1200, but once the MM manufactured ones came on the market the Lima's were fetching €50. It doesn't seem that many years  ago that 'The Modelshop Portlaoise' could not sell its stock of blue NIR livery 071s. They were listed for years, now gold dust?

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

And it happened overnight too because I only started buying Irish stuff last summer and I managed to get all the tippex 071s and the 3 NIR ones at "normal" prices. Nowadays I could not justify buying a single 071 at these prices. I would just have to wait until MM does a re-run or "some one else" does a new version at some point over the coming years.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

53 minutes ago, murphaph said:

And it happened overnight too because I only started buying Irish stuff last summer and I managed to get all the tippex 071s and the 3 NIR ones at "normal" prices. Nowadays I could not justify buying a single 071 at these prices. I would just have to wait until MM does a re-run or "some one else" does a new version at some point over the coming years.

It's IRM's fault for bringing out so much magnificent rolling stock. In theory, they OWE us more 071's!

• Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 2

Whatever about the IRM A-Classes, a landed price in excess of 200 euro for a Silver Fox A-Class is a joke. They're one of the poorest running locos I've ever owned and no lighting of course. Sold mine for 80 euro which is all they are worth. This seller has prior form with his pricing. 

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

• 2 weeks later...