eBay Watch

Rate this topic

BosKonay

I'd go for the MIR one as MM 121 is a long way of if ever at all according to the man himself

My views on the 121, pretty much match Anthony's, I'd say the 121 from MM is in no way guaranteed.

Couple this with the new found enjoyment I'm getting from actually, y'know, building things, and the MIR kit appeals more and more...

-Rob

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

just found this one:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ultra-Rare-Irish-N-Class-By-Bachmann-Murphy-Models-CIE-Emerald-Green-VGC-/251213437244?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item3a7d7cd93c

Are they really that expensive? What was the normal price at shops?

Gerhard.

You can't buy that loco in the shops as MM/Bachmann don't make it any more. I bought mine just over a year ago for £70 on eBay. If you keep your eye open you might pick up one £50/£60 mark. Your other option would be to buy a new Bachmann N Class and repaint it into a K/K1 Class the new Bachmann model also come DCC ready/fitted. Have a look at Wrenns history of Irish Models as he has a nice article on the model

Oh... I think there's a very good chance that the buyer will build it.

In fact I think he's just sizing a chassis up for it now.

Attah boy Robert!!! Now, less drooling over the keyboard and wide eyed, anticipatory rubbing of hands if you please. There may be children watching. ;-)

Attah boy Robert!!! Now, less drooling over the keyboard and wide eyed, anticipatory rubbing of hands if you please. There may be children watching. ;-)

Could be a busy few weeks/months when someone's pocketwagon and tank wagon detailing kits arrive too ;)

My wife's been insisting I buy myself a dedicated flat glass building plate too - apparently the glass cooker hob has 'other' uses.... :ROFL: