eBay Watch

Rate this topic

BosKonay

I think that listing stuff like that is a bit like sticking a Mercedes badge on the bonnet of a Lada.

Rich,

Hehe, or like sticking a CIE broken wheel adhesive on the front of a Hymek, talking abot the class 20... :)

to be clearer: Why shold a private person not do the same as Hornby or the earlier Murphy? I alas am not that deep into irish railway as I want to but to identifiy the class 20 or a Hymek as wrong is not that difficult as, for example, the question about the UTA carriages I linked two days ago.

Edited by Sentinel281

so are the jokes......

A man goes into a service-station and asks "Can I have a windscreen-wiper for my Lada?"

"Okay" replied the man in the garage, "it seems a fair swap".

What's the difference between a Jehovah's Witness and a Lada?

You can shut the door on a Jehovah's Witness.

What occupies the last 16 pages of the Lada User's Manual?

The bus and train timetables.

sorry lads....its a slow day today!staying-awake.gif

Edited by heirflick

What a shame this poor guy has to sell that all. If he would have taken the time to put every single item on ebay he would have earned at least thrice of what he will gain. Hope this will never happen to one of us...

Whats the value of this lot?

He paid around €1500 - €1600 depending on where it was bought

Everything is now secondhand, no guarantees with anything

Still some 201's knocking around

141/181's still available

RPSI still around

Loads of Cravens around

Mk 2'a hard enough to get

So I reckon it could be bought today from the various dealers and shops for around €1200,

so to make any sense at all it would have to be bought for €1000 max

I could not see myself buying it for anything over €900 as the return would be minimal

I see postage is quoted at €100!

What a shame this poor guy has to sell that all. If he would have taken the time to put every single item on ebay he would have earned at least thrice of what he will gain. Hope this will never happen to one of us...

I agree with you Sentinel281 but would he not have been better selling single or even smaller lots. Feel sorry for the guy

This must be the bargain of the year at the starting price.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Immaculate-collection-of-Murphy-Models-Irish-Locos-and-Carriages-/150983942157?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item232758200d'>http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Immaculate-collection-of-Murphy-Models-Irish-Locos-and-Carriages-/150983942157?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item232758200d

Well this one has finished up. Final Sell Price €914: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Immaculate-collection-of-Murphy-Models-Irish-Locos-and-Carriages-/150983942157?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item232758200d

I hope this little addendum to his listing doesn't cause problems for the completion of the sale:

On 26-Jan-13 at 23:19:03 GMT, seller added the following information:I will accept payment in cash or postl order if picking up from me,My paypal account will not be activated due to missunderstanding and hard to follow guide lines in the instructions from same.

It actually made what near to what my best guess was - 900eur - still a good buy for the buyer nonetheless.

Jouef HDI is a very collectable brand

Made in Ireland for a start!

Only lasted a couple of years

And although a lot of items were produced in the Shannon factory the HDI brand was not printed on all their

models, because of the cost involved in changing the moulds

Collectors of HDI are widespread, especially in France

Ugly, yes

Prototypical, no ( and thats just the collectors)

Some of these coaches have made over €100 back in the day

Just remember there is no one standing over these bidders with a big stick, they are bidding because they want to buy!

Last bid was a sniper, entered in the last 10 seconds before the auction ended

I guarantee you he had a bid of up to £80 or more on the coach

Just noticed that the coach has no inner, there is a window bar attached to it and it does not show on the photo, so another €10 for

a standard Jouef coach to get an inner.