IRM A Class Now In Production! Here's why you should get your pre-orders in sooner than later...

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

Hi everyone,

Now the As have been out in the wild almost a year and settled down nicely, we can sell off the very last of the warranty stock we held back in reserve for any replacements required (we are quite conservative on this to ensure everyone was covered! And don't worry, we still have some kept as spares etc which will not get sold off, and we do have lots of spares still)

So, pretty much all running numbers are back on sale in very, very limited numbers. Fill yer boots, as this is 100%, last chance saloon: https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/a-class-locomotive

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 6
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 2

52 minutes ago, Warbonnet said:

Hi everyone,

Now the As have been out in the wild almost a year and settled down nicely, we can sell off the very last of the warranty stock we held back in reserve for any replacements required (we are quite conservative on this to ensure everyone was covered! And don't worry, we still have some kept as spares etc which will not get sold off, and we do have lots of spares still)

So, pretty much all running numbers are back on sale in very, very limited numbers. Fill yer boots, as this is 100%, last chance saloon: https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/a-class-locomotive

Cheers!

Fran 

A39R, A3R, A46….the whole gang of “going for stupid prices on eBay” are here

people better not complain after this!

• Like 3
  • Funny 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What a fantastic achievement, all the A class now gone on the IRM website. For such a niche market as Irish Railways is, this is some feat, the boys took a chance on this, we took a chance on the boys pulling it off  knowing they would , Win Win for us all. Onwords and upwards as they say, thanks lads for all of this.

All this came about because I just figured out how the sound works on my A class, it's something else 😁😁😁

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
21 minutes ago, Warbonnet said:

Hi everyone,

After a period out of of stock, our EMD A Class sound decoder is back in stock! 

Grab one here: https://irishrailwaymodels.com/products/a-class-emd-sound-decoder

And before you ask; no. No news on the Crossley as yet.

Cheers!

Fran 

You could use the BR class 28 as it had the same crossley engine, look at roads and Rails 

• 1 month later...

I've probably not run my A's long enough to see the failure George. I am interested to hear what it turns out to be though. Hopefully just a dry joint somewhere in the chain. Have you tried a different decoder first? The ESU stay alives are a three wire job I think so in theory the decoder could be gone bad as well. It's not a simple capacitor connected across the potential of the rails AFAIK. There's a bit more too it because big fat capacitors work as stay alives but they also swallow the ack pulses from the motor when programming so they have to be switched out of the circuit then. The three wire ones use some charging and discharging circuitry on the decoder and therefore don't need to be isolated during programming like simple caps do.