IRM A Class Now In Production! Here's why you should get your pre-orders in sooner than later...

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

29 minutes ago, Georgeconna said:

Rad the Post:  " I recently received a demand of full payment for 13 Magnesite wagons when I had already paid £200 + towards the order"

It seems the monies paid were not put against the order. I am sure the lads will sort that out promptly

Hi George,

That's an incorrect assessment I'm afraid.

I'm off back for a lie down after reading the post itself. I'm still speechless.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 2

34 minutes ago, Warbonnet said:

Hi George,

That's an incorrect assessment I'm afraid.

I'm off back for a lie down after reading the post itself. I'm still speechless.

Cheers!

Fran 

Thats what he Said Through Fran.

Same for me TBH, I was Sending in a few bob each month from Jan  but nothing that I can see taken off the order price?.

I have sent mail direct there 2 days back so I am sure it will be resolved.

When you get back up from the Lie down and have those Deltics sorted someone might take a gander at the mail I sent. No panic.

Edited by Georgeconna

Morning George - there are no emails in the Q for you - if you got an invoice from the website system, and were paying in manually or on Direct Debit, the balances won't match - just reply to the invoice and ask for the billing system invoice, which will track any periodic payments having been made. 

4 minutes ago, BosKonay said:

Morning George - there are no emails in the Q for you - if you got an invoice from the website system, and were paying in manually or on Direct Debit, the balances won't match - just reply to the invoice and ask for the billing system invoice, which will track any periodic payments having been made. 

Strange!

it was sent to sales@irishrailwaymodels.com June 13th 4.50PM

Would in be in Spam as I had an Attachment on it?

OkI will follow the instructions above to as I have honestly made a pigs ear of this ordering lark!!

• Like 1

Apologies if slightly off topic but I used the Partial.ly incremental payments option for the first time recently and found it very slick and handy to use! It's a great option to have and hopefully it continues to be an option going forward with IRM. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Barl said:

Apologies if slightly off topic but I used the Partial.ly incremental payments option for the first time recently and found it very slick and handy to use! It's a great option to have and hopefully it continues to be an option going forward with IRM. 

Thanks for the feedback Barl, it's now the default for deposit / instalments for IRM going forward. It's super easy to use, very flexible, and sync's up payment by payment with shopify so you can always see where you stand.

Something arrived at Mullingar this morning...

In 1963, A30, clearly a shed queen considering her lack of filth, waits with the Galway half of a train having arrived from Dublin. Her sister A15 trundles up from the shed to take the other half up to Sligo. 

20220615_105258.thumb.jpg.bd174ee4f804e48db768d275090f6791.jpg

Mullingar is currently being overhauled, dont mind the Achill Bogie, likely being saved for preservation!

• Like 12

@GSR 800 - Thanks for posting that picture. The A30 looks really great in that setting and I'm delighted I got my hands on a few of these cuties. I see in the background that you have the black and tan version [A15] which now I regret not buying. Saw it at the last Wexford show and knew straight away knew that I'd made a mistake. That's the worst thing - no amount of pictures are a substitute for seeing the real thing.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, connollystn said:

@GSR 800 - Thanks for posting that picture. The A30 looks really great in that setting and I'm delighted I got my hands on a few of these cuties. I see in the background that you have the black and tan version [A15] which now I regret not buying. Saw it at the last Wexford show and knew straight away knew that I'd made a mistake. That's the worst thing - no amount of pictures are a substitute for seeing the real thing.

Aye I went with A15 first as I knew the Black n Tans would sell out quite quickly. Have to say though, A30 is a stand out among my diesels, you can understand where the lads from CIE were coming from with the original livery choice, even if it ended up weathering horribly. And a good few went on into the mid 60s with that livery, though completely filthy by that point!

Really a stunning looking model in the silver.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

41 minutes ago, connollystn said:

It should still be possible to get one from Chris Dyer.

23 hours ago, Fowler4f said:

IRM, I’m not happy to say the least, I have now paid over the top for A30 from Private Supplier as I understood you had sold out. Rubbish ! I have purchased Eighteen A Class from you already. I recently received a demand of full payment for 13 Magnesite wagons when I had already paid £200 + towards the order, granted there are now in stock earlier than expected and I have agreed to pay then balance ! 
But I am beginning to think we are being taking for granted and that is not good enough. No excuses, thank you.

Christ, that's harsher than somebody going at your nether regions with an angle grinder. 

• Funny 2

11 hours ago, Georgeconna said:

Strange!

it was sent to sales@irishrailwaymodels.com June 13th 4.50PM

Would in be in Spam as I had an Attachment on it?

OkI will follow the instructions above to as I have honestly made a pigs ear of this ordering lark!!

Sorted pretty quickly by the lads. I actually forgot I had a standing order into IRM.  

Thanks for the Patience lads. :)

• Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...

Ok folks what's the story..... there had been a few less-than-subtle hints on here recently about new goodies.....powered goodies...... yes the magnesite wagons are awesome but not on my geographical radar and as for the Deltic..... admittedly I have been drooling but unless Boris gets his bridge or tunnel completed AND re-gauges the whole of Ireland (or GB) then I'm unlikely to have reason to run one.....

Yes we got our AAAAAAmazing As and now our 'across the water' colleagues have their DDDDDDDelightful Deltics so surely it's back to us again.........

:mutley2:

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

10 minutes ago, Patrick Davey said:

Ok folks what's the story..... there had been a few less-than-subtle hints on here recently about new goodies.....powered goodies...... yes the magnesite wagons are awesome but not on my geographical radar and as for the Deltic..... admittedly I have been drooling but unless Boris gets his bridge or tunnel completed AND re-gauges the whole of Ireland (or GB) then I'm unlikely to have reason to run one.....

Yes we got our AAAAAAmazing As and now our 'across the water' colleagues have their DDDDDDDelightful Deltics so surely it's back to us again.........

:mutley2:

I'm sure we'll get some Beautiful B1a's next....in my dreams anyway..

Edited by GSR 800
  • Like 1
  • Funny 2

There was/is supposed to be 16 new IRM announcements this year, if I remember correctly. One of the IRM lads mentioned that figure at the start of the year.

Also, 2 out of that 16 are supposed to be powered models, which by IRM's own definition, is something with a motor in it.

I'm guessing Covid and the continuing effect on factories in China, along with logistics issues, are probably delaying things along the way.

I'd also imagine that IRM are holding off on one or more of the bigger releases until the model show in October, but still a fair few announcements to come.

Edited by iarnrod
  • Like 3

There has been strong hints of further coaching stock from the IRM lads, so my money is on the Park Royals.

With the NIR Mk.2's announced, I suspect further IR versions to be announced at some point, and also a natural progression there would be the 80 Class as one of the powered items.

Also a mention from them at some point in the past of one of the Project 42 wagons having a re-run. Hard to know which one, but if the Ammonia wagons are on the cards, natural option would be fertiliser wagons for a re-run. I suspect keg containers and other accessory packs will be re-run as all except the fert packs have long sold out.

The forklift pack would surely count as another of the 16 releases, so I reckon that IRM are only around 2 releases behind schedule as of now.

Anyway, we can speculate all day, but still 6 months and around 10 announcements still to come in 2022.

Bank balance breathes a sigh of relief for now.

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

8 hours ago, Sean said:

I dont mind waiting as long as i know what im waiting for so im not out shopping for alternatives when an RTR is coming.

The flip side of that particular coin is that if IRM says "we want to release x at some stage" then the "when is x finally coming, you announce stuff but then don't deliver for years" comments start. IRM now has a firm policy of announcing a new model when the first engineering samples are ready and not before as they can reasonably predict the time to market from that point. As was mentioned with the recent Class 89, even getting access to the prototype can pose major challenges so it's unwise to announce stuff you haven't at least got your CAD done on. 

The basic rule of thumb for Irish models and IRM is simple enough though I would assume....more or less everything will be done eventually, certainly anything that existed in numbers in real life. The one offs are the most difficult to justify but at least of you decide to scratch build a one off you will only make one and not a rake or something. Anything you could conceivably make a rake of I would suggest will eventually be covered by IRM and to keep your powder dry, unless you enjoy making stuff. In which case there's no harm done.

• Like 4
  • Agree 5

16 minutes ago, murphaph said:

The basic rule of thumb for Irish models and IRM is simple enough though I would assume....more or less everything will be done eventually, certainly anything that existed in numbers in real life. The one offs are the most difficult to justify but at least of you decide to scratch build a one off you will only make one and not a rake or something. Anything you could conceivably make a rake of I would suggest will eventually be covered by IRM and to keep your powder dry, unless you enjoy making stuff. In which case there's no harm done.

Agree completely. If it's viable, it will eventually be released. More patience and less speculation is what's needed. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

I actually wouldn't like to be a GB modeller right now. The amount of top drawer stuff AS is releasing would mean passing on this or that and then regretting it immediately. At least with our less frantic pace we have a chance to acquire things we like and then let the wallet recover in time for the next hit. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, murphaph said:

I actually wouldn't like to be a GB modeller right now. The amount of top drawer stuff AS is releasing would mean passing on this or that and then regretting it immediately. At least with our less frantic pace we have a chance to acquire things we like and then let the wallet recover in time for the next hit. 

When we asked in the last customer survey of IRM customers, the feedback was a gentler pace, and more notice. 

So, unlike the Accurascale side, we will continue launching new tool IRM models when we are fully finished the research, development and CAD and ready to start tooling, which is about 60-70 days to a sample, about the same again for a decorated sample and at least the same again for assembly. So about a year, to 18 months of warning, give or take. 

Non new-tools, or accurascale crossovers, like Mk2b, 2c and others to come, will launch with a sample, or decorated sample, typically cutting lead times to under 12 months. 

Hope that helps, we do have so much underway :)

27 minutes ago, BosKonay said:

When we asked in the last customer survey of IRM customers, the feedback was a gentler pace, and more notice. 

So, unlike the Accurascale side, we will continue launching new tool IRM models when we are fully finished the research, development and CAD and ready to start tooling, which is about 60-70 days to a sample, about the same again for a decorated sample and at least the same again for assembly. So about a year, to 18 months of warning, give or take. 

Non new-tools, or accurascale crossovers, like Mk2b, 2c and others to come, will launch with a sample, or decorated sample, typically cutting lead times to under 12 months. 

Hope that helps, we do have so much underway :)

That sounds perfect to me...

But also, how amazing is it to have a manufacturer of our niche within a niche within a niche hobby, ask for feedback, take it on board, and respond in kind???

Hmmmmm, maybe I'm reading too much into that post...

Accurascale Mk2B/C crossovers TO COME... So another Irish Mk2B/C that we don't yet know about, aside from the RPSI an NIR variants???

😁

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, DJ Dangerous said:

That sounds perfect to me...

But also, how amazing is it to have a manufacturer of our niche within a niche within a niche hobby, ask for feedback, take it on board, and respond in kind???

Hmmmmm, maybe I'm reading too much into that post...

Accurascale Mk2B/C crossovers TO COME... So another Irish Mk2B/C that we don't yet know about, aside from the RPSI an NIR variants???

😁

Or perhaps they mean more crossovers…mk3, mk1…LMS compound….Jinty…….N class

Over-analysis is what we do! 

• Funny 1

2 hours ago, murphaph said:

There is an interesting RM Web post from Stephen on the minimum numbers in terms of sale Accurascale consider viable  for producing a particular model https://www.rmweb.co.uk/topic/155786-more-model-ideas/page/66/.

Difficult to see the sales of Irish individual locos, coaches or wagons reaching those levels due to the very small size of the market (1000 active modellers/collectors )

The forthcoming IRM Enterprise stock is based on a synergy with the Accurascale MK2, though whether the numbers stack up for an 80 Class or even IE MK2ac with Dutch Van only Accurascale and IRM know.

While locos particularly prestigious ones (possibly railcars) and block train wagons are likely to sell, its difficult to see IRM or tooling up for a 'essential items" for the 1950-80s era such a Buffet Cars, Heating and Luggage Vans and TPOs let alone a GSWR Corridor or a MGWR 6w coach for Southern Modellers

Modellers of Ulster's railways broad and narrow continue to show great resilience and determination continuing to scratch, kit and scratchbuild high quality models of locos stock and structures as opposed to waiting for rtr models or kits to appear!

2 minutes ago, Mayner said:

There is an interesting RM Web post from Stephen on the minimum numbers in terms of sale Accurascale consider viable  for producing a particular model https://www.rmweb.co.uk/topic/155786-more-model-ideas/page/66/.

Difficult to see the sales of Irish individual locos, coaches or wagons reaching those levels due to the very small size of the market (1000 active modellers/collectors )

The forthcoming IRM Enterprise stock is based on a synergy with the Accurascale MK2, though whether the numbers (demand) stack up for an 80 Class or even IE MK2ac with Dutch Van only Accurascale and IRM know.

While locos particularly prestigious ones (possibly railcars) and block train wagons are likely to sell, its difficult to see IRM or tooling up for such 'essential items" for the 1950-80s era such a Buffet Cars, Heating and Luggage Vans and TPOs let alone a GSWR Corridor or a MGWR 6w coach for Southern Modellers

Modellers of Ulster's railways broad and narrow continue to show great resilience and determination continuing to scratch, kit and scratchbuild high quality models of locos stock and structures as opposed to waiting for rtr models or kits to appear!

• Like 6