IRM A Class Now In Production! Here's why you should get your pre-orders in sooner than later...

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

10 hours ago, Georgeconna said:

4 now.

Amazing the Silver one is left, Possibly the best looking Loco of the Bunch where the details pop when compared to the black underframed ones.

I'd say it's more about budgeting. Anybody looking to buy the remaining three will buy the most scarse when they can afford it.

A30 is stunning, and A42 is a jaw dropper. You have to see them both in person! Even if all you had for them to hall was a few of John's open wagons (still available), or even some Hornby five-planks painted primer grey, it would be worth buying as those two A's look so good.

On 15/3/2022 at 4:37 PM, Warbonnet said:

A mere 15 of A55 in Black left in stock folks..... 

735726272_4(10).thumb.jpg.e5e38366e65c6479c182fa450c6810c0.jpg

We all love a bit of black beauty, right?

https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/a-class-locomotive/products/a55-a-class-locomotive

Why don't you guys have a drooling smiley, like the way you drool while eating sausages. That would be more appropriate here!

Edited by DJ Dangerous
  • Agree 2

14 hours ago, Georgeconna said:

4 now.

Amazing the Silver one is left, Possibly the best looking Loco of the Bunch where the details pop when compared to the black underframed ones.

Agree about the silver one, George. But even then, really not many left now (less than 60 last time I checked) so they're starting to dwindle. 

To be honest I reckon we will have the last of them for sale at Bangor next month, then that will be it more or less. 

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1

18 minutes ago, Warbonnet said:

Agree about the silver one, George. But even then, really not many left now (less than 60 last time I checked) so they're starting to dwindle. 

To be honest I reckon we will have the last of them for sale at Bangor next month, then that will be it more or less. 

Cheers!

Fran 

I wonder who will get the last A class ever sold 1st hand

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Warbonnet said:

Cheers!

Fran 

Damn it, I was hoping to grab another A42 at the end of April! Watching the stock counters roll down makes payday seem soooooo far away.

Have to say, the A30 (silver livery) looked great glistening in the natural sunlight over the St Patrick's holidays. Spent most of the time admiring the impressive details that you can only really see in this livery [silver]. Can't wait until IRM produce some suitable passenger stock to operate with these beauties.

• Like 3

And then there were two....

A55 has now indeed sold out, leaving just A42 and A30 remaining. Flying pickle and silver machine, with not many of either left!

Australia is beginning to open up once again, and we are in talks with our friends at ESU about the sound recording of a Crossley loco. As we said before, once we have concrete news we will let you all know, but things are beginning to look a bit more positive...

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 9

46 minutes ago, Warbonnet said:

And then there were two....

A55 has now indeed sold out, leaving just A42 and A30 remaining. Flying pickle and silver machine, with not many of either left!

Australia is beginning to open up once again, and we are in talks with our friends at ESU about the sound recording of a Crossley loco. As we said before, once we have concrete news we will let you all know, but things are beginning to look a bit more positive...

Cheers!

Fran 

Will it include the sounds of swearing drivers & fitters, and have a tiny mechanism to spew oil and diesel fuel out of cracked pipes?

• Funny 2

I'm so tempted to get the A42, so delighted with my A55 and A30 models. The only sounds I want to hear in relation to the A class is when they [IRM] announce suitable passenger rolling stock to operate with them. I won't be bothering with the sound chip as I've only a single oval track but it's good enough for what I want. My Fleischmann IC EC coaches are a tad too long for the A class but will  have to do for the moment.

• Like 2

Owing to the price of fuel my "A" class locos are laid up at the depot at the moment. Was running one and it ran out of fuel so it is blocking the mainline. Normally I'd send one of the 071 fleet to rescue the loco and clear the line but I can't afford to fuel them either....

• Funny 2

1 hour ago, spudfan said:

Owing to the price of fuel my "A" class locos are laid up at the depot at the moment. Was running one and it ran out of fuel so it is blocking the mainline. Normally I'd send one of the 071 fleet to rescue the loco and clear the line but I can't afford to fuel them either....

Presumably your A’s have EMD engines 

Used all my fuel to try start my crossley A’s. It didn’t work and now I’m relying on polish coal!

E921CEB2-FD68-4A41-B300-304703F19CD1.jpeg.04e26e13072de4862b92ee877e867e6a.jpeg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, spudfan said:

Steam is the answer. Must be a few J15s, D16s and K2s in the depths of the loco shed. Now where’s the IRM six-wheelers & tin vans….

5 hours ago, jhb171achill said:

Steam is the answer. Must be a few J15s, D16s and K2s in the depths of the loco shed. Now where’s the IRM six-wheelers & tin vans….

JB, As always, you're right!

With the oil shortage the Taoiseach instructed the Minister of Transport to get some of the Strategic Reserve from their storage in the Lisummon  Tunnel .........

This was just a trial run, next they'll try these centenarians on a block liner train - watch this space! Note the sidelined diesel in the loop!

Edited by leslie10646
  • Like 5
  • WOW! 2

1 hour ago, leslie10646 said:

JB, As always, you're right!

With the oil shortage the Taoiseach instructed the Minister of Transport to get some of the Strategic Reserve from their storage in the Lisummon  Tunnel .........

This was just a trial run, next they'll try these centenarians on a block liner train - watch this space! Note the sidelined diesel in the loop!

Maybe the RPSI get the contract for retrieving the Strategic reserve from the Tunnel

The Swedish Lads came well prepared for the job, Scandinavian people take their fun very seriously 😁

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkaFe0umF7s

• Like 1

I like the three locos whisked off by rail,after all thats how rail vehicles usually travel. Happen in GB? No chance! Health & Safety, Gaugeing trials, Safety Cases, and then Network Rail say Nooo. Allelys with large lorries to the rescue. Traffic disruption, more expense, pollution. What a loopy country we live in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike 84C said:

I like the three locos whisked off by rail,after all thats how rail vehicles usually travel. Happen in GB? No chance! Health & Safety, Gaugeing trials, Safety Cases, and then Network Rail say Nooo. Allelys with large lorries to the rescue. Traffic disruption, more expense, pollution. What a loopy country we live in.

I wouldn't know... I live in Ireland... :D

• Funny 3

4 hours ago, skinner75 said:

Still 5 running Kriegslok WW2 locos running in Tuzla, Bosnia - 80 years service from a loco only designed to last 10 years!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bH96yjd6BKU

Veering off topic, Herman göring had a MASSIVE layout and had a huge collection of locos with which he would play for hours…..

one has to wonder if the vice chancellor’s huge layout was based on strabane….or even mallow 😅

While I'm posting this today [April 1st] I have to say that only a fool will pass on getting a silver A class. Never have I seen a model look so good in the natural sunlight - we've had plenty of that over the last three weeks or so [thanks to global warming]. No sure how many of these beauties are left but if there are any of you sitting on the fence regarding these I'd get them now 'cos there will be those of you posting in the future saying that you should have bought them when you had the opportunity. Once early period CIE wagons are produced these locomotives [A30] will be in demand. My only regret is that I didn't buy any of the A1.*

*This is NOT a paid presentation

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...