IRM A Class Now In Production! Here's why you should get your pre-orders in sooner than later...

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

On 24/1/2022 at 9:09 AM, Warbonnet said:

Hi everyone,

Whoosh! And just like that, 007 is gone! 

Just four class numbers from our A Class range remain, with A12 being the lowest stock wise. Browse what's left here: https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/a-class-locomotive/availability_in-stock?

Cheers!

Fran

Just picked up 007 Marks in Cork! Sweet!

and the Silver Jobbie.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Any chance of a light grey foam insert next time, lads???

The black doesn't display too well.

Anybody have ideas on how to display the locos using the packaging?

I'm playing with ideas, and have so far settled on the method to the right in the photo.

And to the "trains are to be played with" brigade, pee off, I'm not interested, go get a job.

2022-02-13 11.17.25.jpg

• Funny 1

2 hours ago, DJ Dangerous said:

Any chance of a light grey foam insert next time, lads???

The black doesn't display too well.

Anybody have ideas on how to display the locos using the packaging?

I'm playing with ideas, and have so far settled on the method to the right in the photo.

And to the "trains are to be played with" brigade, pee off, I'm not interested, go get a job.

2022-02-13 11.17.25.jpg

There are plenty of laser foam cutting firms around the place that would cut the foam any colour you want .

Edited by flange lubricator
  • Informative 1

1 minute ago, patrick said:

I wonder if manufacturers could release special collectors editions with say a different colour box at three times the price in order to subsidies the regular model for those of us who actually build model railways and run trains!

Yeah, so you can look down your nose at working peasants like us with little or no free time?

Nice!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DJ Dangerous said:

I'm retired and so love playing with my toy trains. Choo-Choo! 🤣  It's a free country. :) 

And to the "They are models not toysbrigade, believe that if it gives you comfort. I have no shame whatsoever in admitting I play with toy trains. 😝

We are a broad church as is the diverse hobby, its what makes the hobby so very interesting. Good evening.

• Angry 1

Just now, Noel said:

I'm retired and so love playing with my toy trains. Choo-Choo! 🤣  It's a free country. :) 

And to the "They are models not toysbrigade, believe that if it gives you comfort. I have no shame whatsoever in admitting I play with toy trains. 😝

We are a broad church as is the diverse hobby, its what makes the hobby so very interesting. Good evening.

Noel, are you for real? You're the one who is always on here leaving passive aggressive comments saying that people " should" do this, that and the other, and repeatedly criticising anybody who doesn't have time or space to play with their trains.

Before I joined the forum, I lurked for a few years because I thought that a handful of member were bullying you, and I didn't want to join that kind of forum. Eventually I got on board, only to find that you are what is wrong with the forum, constantly provoking a reaction with passive aggressive comments, then playing victim.

The whole point of my advance defence was because I suspected that you and your handful of elitist snob friends would start bitching about playing with trains instead of admiring them, and now you have the cheek to say that it's a broad church, blah blah blah?

Go crawl back under whatever rock you came out from.

Anyhow, back on topic, I folded up a piece of A4 paper and slotted it into the foam, and the display results are much better.

IMG_20220213_1558104.jpg

IMG_20220213_1558207.jpg

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DJ Dangerous said:

Noel, are you for real? You're the one who is always on here leaving passive aggressive comments saying that people " should" do this, that and the other, and repeatedly criticising anybody who doesn't have time or space to play with their trains.

Before I joined the forum, I lurked for a few years because I thought that a handful of member were bullying you, and I didn't want to join that kind of forum. Eventually I got on board, only to find that you are what is wrong with the forum, constantly provoking a reaction with passive aggressive comments, then playing victim.

The whole point of my advance defence was because I suspected that you and your handful of elitist snob friends would start bitching about playing with trains instead of admiring them, and now you have the cheek to say that it's a broad church, blah blah blah?

Anyhow, back on topic, I folded up a piece of A4 paper and slotted it into the foam, and the display results are much better.

IMG_20220213_1558104.jpg

IMG_20220213_1558207.jpg

20 minutes ago, Noel said:

Can disagree with eachother while remaining civil, that applies to all.

No need for this lads, all friends here enjoying various aspects of the hobby.

Stated before and will again, to each their own.

• Like 2
  • Agree 4

11 minutes ago, GSR 800 said:

Can disagree with eachother while remaining civil, that applies to all.

No need for this lads, all friends here enjoying various aspects of the hobby.

Stated before and will again, to each their own.

Agreed, well put.

That's not to say that we shouldn't call the bullies out. Being respectful doesn't mean accepting unacceptable behaviour or pretending to be mannerly.

Personally, I love the videos and photos that members post here, and on YT, even if some of them are elitist bullies at times, I try not to allow it colour my enjoyment of the trains themselves.

I just refrain from doing so myself because of those same people.

59 minutes ago, DJ Dangerous said:

Right so Ted. Will do, but it's cold under this rock. Could I please have a nice cup of tea? :) 

Good evening.

PS: Apologies but respectfully don't agree with your 'passive aggressive' comment.

• Funny 1

30 minutes ago, Noel said:

Right so Ted. Will do, but it's cold under this rock. Could I please have a nice cup of tea? :) 

Good evening.

PS: Apologies but respectfully don't agree with your 'passive aggressive' comment.

Well, you wouldn't, would you?

Anyhow, enough said, hopefully you have learned that not everybody will fall for it.

Keep up the videos, photos and tutorials, please, but drop the bullying.

Back to the models, and I'm sure it's been mentioned before, but the photos don't do A30 and A42 justice. They are two stunning models.

I can't believe that there are so many A30's left in stock. To the eye, they are just beautiful. To anybody on the fence, get off it now and get yourself one before it's too late.

IMG_20220213_1817436~2.jpg

Edited by DJ Dangerous
Added photo.
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, DJ Dangerous said:

Well, you wouldn't, would you?

Anyhow, enough said, hopefully you have learned that not everybody will fall for it.

Keep up the videos, photos and tutorials, please, but drop the bullying.

Back to the models, and I'm sure it's been mentioned before, but the photos don't do A30 and A42 justice. They are two stunning models.

I can't believe that there are so many A30's left in stock. To the eye, they are just beautiful. To anybody on the fence, get off it now and get yourself one before it's too late.

IMG_20220213_1817436~2.jpg

I'm not complaining personally, allows me to scrape together a few pound over the next while to get it!

Lack of rtr stock to run with and photos not doing her justice probably account for sales. Buying a few bredins and others from SSM to justify her, another 800 and a Bandon..

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

16 minutes ago, GSR 800 said:

I'm not complaining personally, allows me to scrape together a few pound over the next while to get it!

Lack of rtr stock to run with and photos not doing her justice probably account for sales. Buying a few bredins and others from SSM to justify her, another 800 and a Bandon..

I have a few of John's open wagons sitting idly with customs, which will trail behind the earlier locos.

37 minutes ago, GSR 800 said:

Good luck with that bandon, I’m going to attempt the chassis. although this may be of interest to those of us not talleneted enough not to even attempt kits

C07C9D00-F61D-4A34-A7BF-1BC15A79556C.jpeg.31f3b7eccfbe778b8b74c941c300d58b.jpeg

(Even though I don’t know how he is going to do the chassis with all my experience!)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Westcorkrailway said:

Good luck with that bandon, I’m going to attempt the chassis. although this may be of interest to those of us not talleneted enough not to even attempt kits

(Even though I don’t know how he is going to do the chassis with all my experience!)

Poppys jig is the recommendation for putting together chassis square. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Westcorkrailway said:

He probably wont, It will most likely just be the body.

Had the Silver One out and running yesterday. Blimey it possibly is the best one there TBH. All the Detail pops with the Silver colour scheme. Fab Looking loco!

• Like 3

15 hours ago, GSR 800 said:

Lack of RTR stock "at the moment". ;) 

Important lesson here folks, and a trap many have fallen into before. when the stock comes along but the loco you wanted has sold out it can get every expensive as it hits EBay premium status. We (IRM) are here for the long haul and plan to expand and cater for other time periods too as we go. So, don't let the lack of stock today put you off buying that loco you like for fear of nothing to run behind that. You never know what we have up our sleeves over the next few announcements.

After all, look at our forthcoming Enterprise Mark 2 coaches. Something finally for those 111s and NIR 201s to haul.

I shall say no more than personally agreeing with George, A30 is an absolute stunner. Silver bogies = seeing alllllll the detail.

612106540_2(9).thumb.jpg.1821705cf164a970b7a353ff7c65fcd6.jpg

Hard sell over, but you guys know what to do. https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/a-class-locomotive/availability_in-stock?

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

On 9/3/2021 at 2:35 PM, Bumble_Bee said:

My layout is a fictional preservation railway so technically anything goes in terms of mixing/matching new and old stock of different liveries etc anyway. I just wasn't sure if some of them were used more for freight or passenger work with specific liveries/branding.

Each livery was general. Until the advent of the silver & black with yellow ends on 071s, and their current all-over grey (a la GSWR / GSR!) no Irish diesel ever had a specific freight livery.

The closest you’d get to specific liveries is the 201s in “Enterprise” livery, and what started as a Mk 4 livery became a general livery for that one class.

But in silver, green, black, black’n’tan, and the orange and black liveries, there was no “division of liveries” at all.

I'm a real mid 90's fan but I picked up the A's that would have been around at the end of steam as I am minded to someday run a small subset of stuff from that era as it is so different to the 90's. I can only reiterate Fran's comments...if you are even remotely likely to do similar, pick the available A's up now to avoid paying through the nose later. You'll always get your money back if you decide later not to pursue the era in question and sell on. You may even find you can swap for something really elusive as somebody else makes the opposite decision and so on.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

I finally bit the bullet and ordered A30 last week and have to agree with the lads, it's even better in person!

I didn't even realise the level of detail on the bogies until I had a quick look at it when it arrived on Friday, the silver really helps to make the details stand out compared to the other liveries.

Now all I need to do is start my new layout so I can run them! 😄

• Like 3

Troops
As most of you know I am a collector and as such I try to have 2 of every model produced in mint boxed condition
But I also run trains and would have another 4 - 6 of each of the various models (with sound) to run on both my own and the Club layout
Best of both worlds
Each to their own I say 😇🙂

• Like 7
  • Agree 2

Oh this was worth waiting for IRM A class loco A1. Beautifully presented.

IMG_5313.JPG

Nice to see the certificate signed by the four principles involved in the dream and successful execution to bring this model to market.

IMG_5314.JPG

She's a beauty. As soon as I get a Lenz Silver+ Decoder in her she'll go for a run.

IMG_5315.JPG

These original delivery livery silver A class metrovics with their British Crossley power plants looked epic before they entered service and the weather got to the silver livery. This one will be gently weathered once she has had her first test run on DC and DCC. Gorgeous loco perfect for visits to Gort when she's looking a little dirtier.

IMG_5316.JPG

• Like 7
  • Agree 1
  • WOW! 1

Hi everyone,

Have my calculator out, so I thought I should tot up the remaining stocks of As and well, I have some bad news.

We have just 2% of the original run left in stock. Incredible! Thank you to everyone who has ordered them! They have sold so well. 

So, we really are getting to last orders with them if you want one. Only three (albeit rather attractive) liveries left. You know what to do! 

Order here: https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/a-class-locomotive/availability_in-stock?

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 1
  • Informative 1
  • WOW! 1

2 hours ago, DJ Dangerous said:

Of the last three liveries in stock, which ran from when to when, and how widely used were they?

The green A42 is really eye-catching. Did many of the fleet receive that livery?

All were widespread... silver lasted from introduction until the early 1960s when the green livery was rolled out. Then from the mid-1960s, CIE decided to introduce Black & Tan (as on A15), but after a few locos had received this livery they changed their mind and finished off the rest of the fleet in the all-over black colour scheme. Black & Tan then made a comeback on the rebuilt locos...

• Informative 1