IRM A Class Now In Production! Here's why you should get your pre-orders in sooner than later...

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

42 minutes ago, Warbonnet said:

You are too late on this one 

This is from another Facebook forum 

Enjoy

1EB58310-3036-4675-A40E-D2F04A99DA19.png

• Like 1
  • WOW! 1
  • Funny 2

I think the more popular A's are probably already worth more than new, insofar as what something is worth is what someone is willing to pay for it. I think he'll have to wait a while for £375 though. That's three and a half times what he paid for it about the same number of weeks ago probably!

I wouldn't wait to get any A's left if you are even half thinking about getting one. You'll kick yourself later. If you don't need it, you'll get your money back selling on I'm sure.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, jhb171achill said:

I think I’ll advertise €5 notes for £234 each. Please don’t ask questions about price.

Seriously, this guy is downright offensive with this blatant attempted robbery.

I dont agree its a free market if someone wants to sell a loco a whatever price they want good luck to them and if somebody wants to pay it good luck to them too .

I recently sold some locos to a new member here at a reasonable price and was glad to help somebody out coming into the hobby but that was my choice .

Thats the beauty of the free market .

As the this thread title suggests buy the A class now at a good price .

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

7 minutes ago, skinner75 said:

Maybe spam comment the post, so he turns off comments? It'll only make it harder for him to sell...

Good thinking 

1 minute ago, flange lubricator said:

I dont agree its a free market if someone wants to sell a loco a whatever price they want good luck to them and if somebody wants to pay it good luck to them too .

I recently sold some locos to a new member here at a reasonable price and was glad to help somebody out coming into the hobby but that was my choice .

Thats the beauty of the free market .

As the this thread title suggests buy the A class now at a good price .

We’ll agree to differ, flange - I’m just glad I got mine from IRM at the time…..

• Like 1

That's the beauty of the debate on the free market vs. price gouging...

It's easy to see both sides of the debate.

A3R was a very limited run, for a good cause.

Many folk lost out as they sold out so fast. If you'd lost out to another enthusiast, you woudn't mind so much, as it's still gone to a good home, and the money went to a good cause, but if you lost out because somebody bought it solely to sell for double the price a month later, you'd feel hard done by.

At the same time, I bought a few A3R's, three of which will be gifts next year.

Looking at those prices, I feel sick NOT auctioning them off to fund the charity. I could pay for a lot of operations with an extra €400, or probably two or three weeks worth of food and medicines.

Two sides of the same coin. Somebody will always feel aggrieved at losing out, somebody will always be looking to make a profit no matter the cost.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Warbonnet said:

018 has just sold out with us. So, expect to see one on EBay next month at 1.2 billion euro.

Still 7 different beauties left folks, some of which are almost as limited in production run size as A3r was! https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/a-class-locomotive/availability_in-stock?

I'm waiting to see the National Treasury Management Agency buying A classes at this rate !

• Funny 4

38 minutes ago, Warbonnet said:

018 has just sold out with us. So, expect to see one on EBay next month at 1.2 billion euro.

Still 7 different beauties left folks, some of which are almost as limited in production run size as A3r was! https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/a-class-locomotive/availability_in-stock?

I can offer you one at half a billion, Warbonnet - but I don't want to discuss the price...... 😉

24 minutes ago, DJ Dangerous said:

Where do you think all of the NIR 111 Class went???

Dang. So Leo Martin has them........

• Funny 1

1 hour ago, skinner75 said:

The dream would be to put something up on Ebay that both Musk and Bezos wanted, and for them to enter into a savage bidding war!

You never know they both possibly have a secret stash of Murphy Models locos that they can sell off if their business empires fall on hard times .

Edited by flange lubricator
  • Like 2
  • Funny 1