IRM A Class Now In Production! Here's why you should get your pre-orders in sooner than later...

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

6 hours ago, jhb171achill said:

I believe they won 1.27 to 5.10…..

jhb171achill, I'm not much good at Irish but does that translate as 1 - 1 'cos that was the result? Doubt I'll be relying on your suggestions as to what the next I.R.M. announcements will be. I'll ask my friend 'Sam' who'll upload an unboxing video in response.

• Funny 2

4 minutes ago, connollystn said:

jhb171achill, I'm not much good at Irish but does that translate as 1 - 1 'cos that was the result? Doubt I'll be relying on your suggestions as to what the next I.R.M. announcements will be. I'll ask my friend 'Sam' who'll upload an unboxing video in response.

Sam Maguire?

11 minutes ago, spudfan said:

Remember the "Chippendales?". They were very popular. I was thinking of forming a similar outfit to help fund the purchase of future IRM releases. Anyone interested? What will we call our selves. It'll have to be railway themed of course.... 

Perhaps those devices used to drain loco cylinders of condensation which you must be sure to turn on before setting the engine in motion?

6 minutes ago, connollystn said:

jhb171achill, I'm not much good at Irish but does that translate as 1 - 1 'cos that was the result? 

A goal is 3 points, so 1.27 is 30 points in total. 5.10 is therefore 5 x 3 plus 10 = 25 points…..

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DJ Dangerous said:

I'm sure that one of the lads posted that one of the 13 is going to be a unit... DART, 22000, 29000, 2600, 2700, who knows?

I'd suspect that one will be road vehicles, one will be a new large wagon, one will be an expansion of the Mk2B/C coach range, and one will be a P42 re-run. People lost their minds for Container Liners, Keg Liners and Ferts, they have to be on the burner!

BUT, I hear you say ...... and some AEC (CIE & GNR), might stretch for an Arrow liveried 2600. Lost my mind only after purchasing them all, should have put the credit card on the burner 😄

8 hours ago, JasonB said:

Not a big fan of DMU's generally, but a 2600 would be something special. I've a soft spot for them. 

Same here in the Arrow

8 hours ago, BEANO3005 said:

I would put my money on a Nir 101 class or a DART. 

Ammonia tanks and 20ft flats for containers, beer.

Aye you could do worse that the 101, nigh, so you could

Edited by DiveController
  • Funny 1

27 minutes ago, spudfan said:

Remember the "Chippendales?". They were very popular. I was thinking of forming a similar outfit to help fund the purchase of future IRM releases. Anyone interested? What will we call our selves. It'll have to be railway themed of course.... 

How about the Iron Stallions?

• Funny 1

Simon Bendall's review is in Railways Illustrated this month too. Simon is quite knowledgeable about the Irish scene so well worth a look. 

Both Supertrain liveried As are now on the endangered species list if anyone is pondering which A to grab next. Perfect companion for the blue Taras too!

https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/a-class-locomotive/availability_in-stock?

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Just received my first parcel of A's in the post today. A few more parcels slowly winding their way down here.

Had a quick glance in between jobs, and have to say, wow, what a loco. Won't get a chance to run any of them for a while, but they look stunning, out of this world. The level of detail is phenomenal.

One question:

Are the CAWS protective guards, or will they be, available seperately? They'd be a smashing for upgrading some of the IR locos in their most recent guise.

2021-12-10 20.10.43.jpg

Edited by DJ Dangerous
  • Like 7
  • Agree 1

@flange lubricator I wouldn't call having four As a small fleet. I have two and count myself lucky enough to be able to afford them. They're the best thing to hit the Irish railway modelling scene and I was waiting all my  modelling railway life for these to arrive. I'm so grayeful to the guys at I.R.M. for doing such a fantastic job. For me the reputation of I.R.M. depended on how well they did the A class (was ready to do a hatchet job) but they cut me off at the pass by doing such a wonderful job. It doesn't matter what else they do 'cos I got what I wanted.*

*Who's a selfish git? - connollystn is!!!

• Like 3
  • Funny 2

1 minute ago, connollystn said:

@flange lubricator I wouldn't call having four As a small fleet. I have two and count myself lucky enough to be able to afford them. They're the best thing to hit the Irish railway modelling scene and I was waiting all my  modelling railway life for these to arrive. I'm so grayeful to the guys at I.R.M. for doing such a fantastic job. For me the reputation of I.R.M. depended on how well they did the A class (was ready to do a hatchet job) but they cut me off at the pass by doing such a wonderful job. It doesn't matter what else they do 'cos I got what I wanted.*

*Who's a selfish git? - connollystn is!!!

I too am so grateful for the number I have but the A class were the biggest fleet of diesel locos on the railway numbering 60, so for anyone modeling the 1970's /80s's they are a intergal part of the scene .We are very lucky to have such a high quality models available and like you I have been waiting my modelling life for them .  

• Like 7

Thanks everyone for your very kind words! We're delighted that the As are finding lots of love and homes as they continue to bounce out the door on a daily basis.

Supertrain really was an iconic livery for these. We only have a few left in that livery too. A1 special edition is also running low, and with that wooden box and being limited to just 250 pieces is only going to increase in value in the coming years.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Warbonnet said:

Thanks everyone for your very kind words! We're delighted that the As are finding lots of love and homes as they continue to bounce out the door on a daily basis.

Supertrain really was an iconic livery for these. We only have a few left in that livery too. A1 special edition is also running low, and with that wooden box and being limited to just 250 pieces is only going to increase in value in the coming years.

Cheers!

Fran 

Any Spare wooden boxes for sale ? just asking for a friend.

• Funny 3

6 hours ago, flange lubricator said:

Any Spare wooden boxes for sale ? just asking for a friend.

Run up to Supervalue or your nearest fruit stockist. Get one of those wooden boxes with the slats and stencil IRM on the side. It'll be grand. Turn down the lights, take a photo and stick it on EBAY.

• Like 1
  • Funny 3