IRM A Class Now In Production! Here's why you should get your pre-orders in sooner than later...

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

52 minutes ago, declan64 said:

Keen to get A46 on the tracks despite no sound. Using the EMD decoder here to control the lights and some of the station sounds.

The green A Class looks great with those coaches especially as they are 57ft with much less overhang on the curves that the Mk2s.

• Like 1

I got my email earlier. I hadn't been thinking about when it gets here, when it does it does. However since I got the email the anticipation has been building. Time is slowing down. It feels a bit like the Indianapolis scene in Jaws when Quint said the worst part of it was when he knew it was coming up to his turn to be pulled out of the water. He said I'll never wear a life jacket again. Well I won't wear meself out waiting for fear an phoist.

Rich,

• Funny 2

I've been shipping then 4 at a time and now I have a larger package but reassured by what you've experienced. Just received a small package from the UK today also. USPS guy knows all the international packages are model trains and often squirrel it away safely behind a pot in view of the video doorbell. Needed s signature and there was a new guy on the route so has to go to the post office to retrieve it. A little OOworks but they don't come cheap when you factor in currency exchange and Royal(ly shafted) Mail rates for a small item.

Wish IRM would do something like that.

Need to do some testing od the As I received over the weekend. All IR so far and A1.

14 minutes ago, DiveController said:

IWish IRM would do something like that.

If you have specific carrier preferences just let us know! We can certainly spend a little less and not use DHl on a per customer basis if you have a strong preference just drop us a line. 

Got my tracking number this morning chaps. Cheers! Looks like it's GLS road rather than DHL Express as expected. I guess DHL Express is reserved for those living on other continents. That's ok by me as it has been taking about a week since Brexit and GLS are very reliable here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Same!

Received a few tracking numbers, all GLS.

Can't believe it, finally, only another month or two and they'll be here, in my hands!

11 hours ago, BosKonay said:

If you have specific carrier preferences just let us know! We can certainly spend a little less and not use DHl on a per customer basis if you have a strong preference just drop us a line. 

To DHL Express, I wish nothing but famine, pestilence and death, and the same to their families, friends and friends' families.

Had a call from DHL Express the other day...

€45 EURO parcel from Amazon, €3.15 IGIC due, €35 DHL Express handling fee...

And, that €45 included an extra €6 that Amazon had charged to cover possible import charges, ie the €3.15 IGIC.

😂

Needless to say, I said no thanks!

• Like 2

Mine was delivered this morning. I have always put accuracy first in a model. It is fair to say that a good running model should be a given with the technology used today. Silly errors can appear in livery application and accuracy all too often. When everything is bang on like it is on these models then we are eating at the top table. I always loved the A's hauling the Tara's and now we have both loco and wagon and they are two of the best models on the market. The future looks bright, need to find me shades now 

Rich,

• Like 8

Just been having a look at the accessory pack and there are two builders plates to fit over the printed ones. That is pushing it to the limit. As said before the booklet is a nice extra.

Anyway back to YouTube to watch the rest of the real 048 hauling gypsum trains in 1993.

Rich,

• Like 3

7 hours ago, johnfromoz said:

Does anyone have knowledge they can share about the livery on A12?  That is, CIE black with half yellow warning panel.  Is it appropriate for mid-late 60s or even later?   How many locos ran like this, or is it a one off?

cheers

John

Hi John,

A12 is perfect for the mid-late 1960s period. The yellow panels weren't unique but were less common than the all-over black livery. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 3

8 hours ago, johnfromoz said:

Does anyone have knowledge they can share about the livery on A12?  That is, CIE black with half yellow warning panel.  Is it appropriate for mid-late 60s or even later?   How many locos ran like this, or is it a one off?

cheers

John

here is a photo I found from Frank Geraghty's collection.

497536948_NewRossStation1969.jpg.38a01e9dfabd271a2e5069d75eea2d86.jpg

• Like 6
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 2

Were there equal amounts of A classes per model produced or was it a release of how things went with pre-sales and added a certain percentage to what was pre-sold? I am curious to know how many were released for each one. 

Edited by mmie353

6 hours ago, mmie353 said:

Were there equal amounts of A classes per model produced or was it a release of how things went with pre-sales and added a certain percentage to what was pre-sold? I am curious to know how many were released for each one. 

I would imagine that is commercially sensitive information as why would a company tell other companies the size of the market. I know I wouldn’t other than limited edition numbers. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mmie353 said:

We show live stock levels once items drop below 100 units and as above the limited editions are specifically numbered. Generally we made about the same number of each sku and all bar the limited editions were in the 300-400 unit range, with a few a little more. Bear in mind that final quantities were locked in about a year ago at the factory to secure the slot. 

Well done all at IRM and of course, Mr Murphy.

It was only a few years ago, most of us dreamt of high quality ready to run Irish models, now we have these.

The next step is to decide whether to give them a light weathering to bring out all the detail?!

Keep up the good work guys.

P1000378 (3).JPG

P1000387 (2).JPG

P1000388 (2).JPG

P1000389 (2).JPG

• Like 14
  • Agree 2
  • WOW! 2

On 29/10/2021 at 5:30 PM, BosKonay said:

I was referring to IRM doing a little steam engine and the poke at the Royal Mail was just an aside. Apologies the confusion

Edited by DiveController

On 30/10/2021 at 4:44 AM, DJ Dangerous said:

Same!

Received a few tracking numbers, all GLS.

Can't believe it, finally, only another month or two and they'll be here, in my hands!

To DHL Express, I wish nothing but famine, pestilence and death, and the same to their families, friends and friends' families.

Had a call from DHL Express the other day...

€45 EURO parcel from Amazon, €3.15 IGIC due, €35 DHL Express handling fee...

And, that €45 included an extra €6 that Amazon had charged to cover possible import charges, ie the €3.15 IGIC.

😂

Needless to say, I said no thanks!

Time to vote with your feet as they say. Companies will eventually get the message that a lot of goodwill (and quarterly targets) is lost this way

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DiveController said:

Time to vote with your feet as they say. Companies will eventually get the message that a lot of goodwill (and quarterly targets) is lost this way

It's very rare that I get to choose the shipping company when buying. If there's an option, I'll choose anybody but DHL Express, but most of the time it's "Screw you and your island paradise, there's only one shipping option". Hattons are the only one I can think of who tell you who the different shipping companies are before actually making the purchase.

So glad that the A's are shipping via GLS and not DHL Express.

1 minute ago, Georgeconna said:

Ding Don g!...1 min later and the Wife brings these in....No questions asked just yet, .  I'll say I doing weathering again and some lads sent me these to do...Best I can come up with....the Postie is usually much later and she is normally out having coffee with the gals.

IMG_8825.JPG

That's some amount of weathering! Buys you a lot of time in the shed to do a good job for those few lads!

😂

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

1 hour ago, Georgeconna said:

She's off to the bottle Bank so opened one box and chucked in some old lima mk'3's and some other UK stuff coaches so will start muttering about what am I sposed to do with these under me breath! 

You do like to live on the edge, having been caught in the act of having a delivery !  Good luck and I hope you keep your head when the time comes to explain !  

• Thanks 1
  • Funny 1

10 minutes ago, Robert Shrives said:

You do like to live on the edge, having been caught in the act of having a delivery !  Good luck and I hope you keep your head when the time comes to explain !  

If you check out George’s other posts today, Robert, he’s scoping out Antonov movements at Shannon - obviously planning an escape to Almaty if required !

• Funny 4

Hi everyone,

Great news! Today sees the light at the end of the tunnel, with the last of the A Class pre-orders, including A3R fully dispatched by close of business today. 

If you have not received a dispatch email with tracking information by tomorrow morning, then please email us with your order number to support@irishrailwaymodels.com

We do have a few orders we do not have full addresses for, so if your order is not yet dispatched, you might be in this pile. We will just need to confirm for you from tomorrow morning onwards. 

If you have placed an order and not yet fully paid, you must pay up by Friday, November 12th. Failure to do so will result in your order being cancelled. With some very nice, sold out liveries being taken up with unpaid orders it will give others a chance to purchase it. So, if you have missed out on a particular flavour of A Class you wanted, it might come back on the market W/C November 15th! #Justsayin

Once again, thank you to everyone for showing us great patience in firing out these orders. In the even it was almost 2500 parcels, which is almost 10 times what we do for typical wagon pre-ordering! Next time we will be a lot more prepared and quicker.

Cheers!

Fran (on behalf of IRM)

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative 2