IRM A Class Now In Production! Here's why you should get your pre-orders in sooner than later...

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

I would like to thank WRENNEIRE for helping me out. I was particularly impressed with the way the green box was covered in an additional wrapping which bore the legend "From Randy Wrenn's Marital Aid Emporium" and below this "Powered by a very smooth quiet powerful motor". This helped me get it through the internal customs office.

However I managed to undo all of WRENNEIRE's good work when I headed up to the attic with the "package" under my arm. "Where are you going?" asked the Mrs. "To try this out" I replied. I knew even before I saw the wife's face that it was the wrong thing to say. I am just not cut out for this John Le Carre subterfuge stuff. Don't know what the Mrs will think when my package from IRM arrives.....

• Like 1
  • Funny 10

5 hours ago, Warbonnet said:

Should be, with A3R landing with everyone from next week. 

Seeing as we are effectively at the end of the business week and approaching 'Winter Time', may I ask what order numbers are being dispatched at the moment?

I have four sequentially numbered A class pre-orders (trying to be fair with postage costs) in the mid 7000s.

One has been dispatched and was received in 2 weeks ago in the USA. The other three orders have not even been dispatched as far as I can tell, not to mention the one I placed before the ITG 

27 minutes ago, DiveController said:

Seeing as we are effectively at the end of the business week and approaching 'Winter Time', may I ask what order numbers are being dispatched at the moment?

I have four sequentially numbered A class pre-orders (trying to be fair with postage costs) in the mid 7000s.

One has been dispatched and was received in 2 weeks ago in the USA. The other three orders have not even been dispatched as far as I can tell, not to mention the one I placed before the ITG 

I believe those orders are due to go out tomorrow. 
Cheers!

Fran

• Like 2

Are there still many to go guys? I ask because I ordered 4 locos under a single order number in the 4xxx series. I requested this order to be held back until the 25th (Monday gone) as I was away last week. If it's just sitting in a corner of the warehouse with my name on it then all's well. I appreciate it being held back and I'm not impatient to receive it or anything. Just a bit concerned as orders in the 7xxx are shipping at the moment and my 4 locos are all sold out. I'd hate to be left empty handed is all.

I'm sure everything will be fine, but you can understand a few of us who haven't yet heard anything might be getting a little jittery. Fran did say if we hadn't heard anything and might have expected to have heard something by (I believe) the end of last week, it would be ok to reach out and ask for a status update 🙂 Kevin got his answer above (7xxx series orders are likely shipping today) but my order is in the 4xxx range, hence my concern.

1 hour ago, murphaph said:

I'm sure everything will be fine, but you can understand a few of us who haven't yet heard anything might be getting a little jittery. Fran did say if we hadn't heard anything and might have expected to have heard something by (I believe) the end of last week, it would be ok to reach out and ask for a status update 🙂 Kevin got his answer above (7xxx series orders are likely shipping today) but my order is in the 4xxx range, hence my concern.

I'm in a similar boat, was hoping mine (2xxx series) would be delivered by the weekend as I'm heading up home to Kildare and they're being delivered there.

I'll have to try persuade the auld pair to come visit before Christmas 😂😂

Hi everyone,

When an order is held, it is sometimes held from picking (if it hadnt been picked at that point) and goes to the back of the queue until released again. Rest assured all stock is accounted for, so if it's sold out on the website it doesnt mean the order you have with us has been given to someone else, I know some people think we're the worst in the world, but not even I am that mean. 

We had hoped to clear out the orders today and focus on A3R from Monday (as per the A3R release) but dispatch of pre-orders will spill into Monday and Tuesday now. We're almost there! 

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

Just after opening up my delivery from IRM. I wanted to say very well done to all at IRM for the hard work bringing the ‘A Class’ model to market. It is a credit to you all.
I am delighted with my two A’s (036 & 054). Incredible detail, crisp paintwork, and the history leaflet included. All in an incredibly well wrapped package.

Pure class 🙂👍🏻

7A165EA0-E258-4B00-B215-26282C453B14.jpeg

3FDCCDBB-D6B0-4BE4-B791-6F4153F92D56.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, murphaph said:

Actually I now have the opposite problem. Several of my orders have been combined under one tracking number but were specifically ordered separately and a shipping fee paid for each separate order to avoid any customs issues.

In my experience this many locomotives in a box also don't do well and have never been packed in the very nice fashion as the single locomotive previously shown on this thread. If this is the case,  I am not very happy with that an dI will need to reach out to you guys @BosKonay

55 minutes ago, DiveController said:

In my experience this many locomotives in a box also don't do well and have never been packed in the very nice fashion as the single locomotive previously shown on this thread. If this is the case,  I am not very happy with that an dI will need to reach out to you guys @BosKonay

We have yet to have any feedback of locomotives damaged in transit from a multiple loco dispatch. I understand you have been in contact with Stephen regarding your other query.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DiveController said:

You do but no need for this to be on thread. I'll PM if that's ok

Agreed, I was merely reassuring other customers as well as yourself that there are no worries on multiple loco dispatches being damaged after you raised the concern in your original post.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, DoctorPan said:

And 3 emails today letting me know the rest of my As are in the post. Excellent, can't wait for them.

Well done to the warehouse team for the turnaround!

Thanks @DoctorPan, I will pass this on. I know it took longer than everyone wanted to get them all out, but the warehouse gang really have gone above and beyond. They worked all last bank holiday weekend, evenings with up to 15 hour days and will work this weekend too to clear it out. They have done absolute trojan work and wrapped them to a massively high standard.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DiveController said:

Actually I now have the opposite problem. Several of my orders have been combined under one tracking number but were specifically ordered separately and a shipping fee paid for each separate order to avoid any customs issues.

must cost you a bit extra on clearances etc if shipped seperately. I would not fear on these babies coming undone on the way over.

1 hour ago, Georgeconna said:

must cost you a bit extra on clearances etc if shipped seperately. I would not fear on these babies coming undone on the way over.

I usually ship them in 3-4s. Customs don't seem to bother with them too much that way. Stephen @BosKonaysays they're not subject to US customs charges. If correct, that would be great. It would certainly cost me less if they shipped together and were arrive undamaged.

Edited by DiveController
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, DiveController said:

I usually ship them in 3-4s. Customs don't seem to bother with them too much that way. Stephen @BosKonaysays they're not subject to US customs charges. If correct, that would be great. It would certainly cost me less if they shipped together and were arrive undamaged.

Hi, I'm also in the US. Toys and models are not subject to duty on importation here and I have never had a problem (even a big box of multiple items from the UK). I ordered a total of eight A class loco's in two separate orders of 5 & 3. both of which I received about five days of being dispatched (in each case two  days better than originally advised by DHL). All received in good order other than a very slight ding to the edge of one box, nothing to be bothered about.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1