IRM A Class Now In Production! Here's why you should get your pre-orders in sooner than later...

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

19 minutes ago, Noel said:

John, glad to see your model made it halfway around the world all the way to New Zealand so quickly. My loco orders haven't yet made it 20km from Dublin.

Jesus, Noel, do you ever stop moaning?

Seriously, bitching about the lads on YouTube, on RMWeb, on here, there's no end.

You posted here about a bazillion times that you were going away, now you're moaning because the locos didn't arrive while you were away.

Maybe you don't mean to attack non-stop, but just think before you type, please!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Noel said:

Thanks Fran, but did I ask for them to be 'held'?

On what charges are they being held for pending 'release'? :) :) 

We just like to be proactive is all. We didnt want your As sitting on a step or getting wet and to save you a trip to your local sorting centre, so we thought to hold off for a few days would be wise. I have released them for you so should get wrapped and packed tomorrow, all going well.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 6
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Irishswissernie said:

These 2 arrived today. Only A42 outstanding now as it was ordered 18 September last year and no notification yet, whereas these 2 were only ordered  in July this year

2021-10-18 Four Masters Bridge A30.JPG

2021-10-18 Four Masters Bridge A46.JPG

A30 and A46 look like a good match together! Surely my A30 is due this week at this stage🤣🤣

23 minutes ago, GSR 800 said:

The threads name and all..

I spose IRM auta put the name of this thread into all caps, for those who don’t get the message!

it’s quite in this case as A46 was the only loco to have the dark lined green livery (I think) and IRM said they won’t be repeating any running numbers if a Re-Release ever were to happen in years to come. (And to be fair. From a business standpoint that’s the only way to do it) 

Edited by Westcorkrailway

Wouldn't exactly call my sitting on the fence a whinge, regarding A46 it's not my era , but after seeing the photos of it I thought it looked smashing so wanted one to go with the previous eleven A classes I have bought, tried to prioritize what funds I had left and all that. Hope this doesn't come across as a whinge.

• Like 5
  • WOW! 1

On 15/10/2021 at 12:25 PM, Warbonnet said:

Hi everyone,

Just a quick update; we are powering though the pre-orders best we can, but we can see it taking another 5 working days to clear the backlog, such is the demand for these beauties. We are going as quick as we can, all hands are on deck, but emails asking "where is my order?" is just slowing the process down really. If you havent had any tracking information for your pre-order by this time next week then by all means, email us, but in the meantime we will plough on and get them out as quick as we can. Thank you for your continued patience and we are sure you agree that the finished models are worth the wait! 

Should you be looking to merge orders, than by all means let us know!

Cheers!

Fran 

Hi Fran,

Just out of interest do you know if the 2018 (just) pre-orders are likely to continue to ship this week or more likely into next week?

Before anyone thinks I'm giving out far from it, we all know good things - or very good things in this case- come to those who wait! I'm just trying to sort the logistics of getting my A's from inside the Pale down to the Rebel county! 🙂

Cheers,

Karl

We’ve arranged that the warehouse team will be running extra overtime shifts all week to get the deck clear as fast as humanly possible! We really appreciate everyone’s patience. Getting two full containers of stock out the door at once has been a learning experience. 

7 minutes ago, BosKonay said:

We’ve arranged that the warehouse team will be running extra overtime shifts all week to get the deck clear as fast as humanly possible! We really appreciate everyone’s patience. Getting two full containers of stock out the door at once has been a learning experience. 

Cheers to the warehouse team 🤝

• Like 5

I know a few lads are desperate for their yokes but it is a bit of a killer to see these landing all around the world and fellas enjoying some quiet or even noisy time when some of us 'locals' are sitting patiently for a play around. Oh The Humanity. Just waiting for the door bell to ring and get there before the missus.

Edited by Georgeconna
  • Like 3
  • Funny 1

Just trying to get my head around something. When the lads at Inchicore were working on these locos what size screwdriver did the use on the two screws on the floor of the cab? I mean when you scale the model up to the real thing those screws must have been a nightmare to work with....

027 - A Class Locomotive - Supertrain

• Like 2
  • Funny 2

37 minutes ago, Irishswissernie said:

I could have sworn yesterday that when I went on the Shop site there was an advert for an ITG A3r as preserved version Class A but later on it had gone. Now I havn't touched a drop of the hard stuff apart from strong tea for the last 40 years. Have I gone even softer in the head or did anyone else see it? 

No, some of my friends saw it too....

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, spudfan said:

Just trying to get my head around something. When the lads at Inchicore were working on these locos what size screwdriver did the use on the two screws on the floor of the cab? I mean when you scale the model up to the real thing those screws must have been a nightmare to work with....

027 - A Class Locomotive - Supertrain

http://thumbsnap.com/sc/ZtASmyyG.jpg

Edited by Broithe

18 hours ago, NIRCLASS80 said:

Sorry but that video doesn’t do the models justice. The sudden start really annoys me when the technology is there to do it right. 

Yeah I have to agree. Especially with the fantastic drive mechanism in these locos. But it's something I see a lot with DCC sound; unrealistic operation despite having all the "bells and whistles"!

The sound quality DOES come across well in the video though.

5 minutes ago, Garfield said:

That'll be the Texas contingent...

They do love their diesels in the Lone Star State.

• Like 1