IRM A Class Now In Production! Here's why you should get your pre-orders in sooner than later...

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

7 hours ago, johnfromoz said:

As predicted, the Black and Tans have again sold down at amazing speed!  Have just bagged one of the last three.  I reckon there’s a lot of guys like me with childhood memories of CIE in the 60/70s!   The power of Nostalgia….

Yip glad I’ve two B&T on order. Agree 60/70s were the glory days to this kids nostalgia memory. Away for a break but no doubt will see the new models upon our return home. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WRENNEIRE said:

From the green and lovely lanes of Killashandra .....

Good MGWR territory….

When Senior went there by train (only once, I think) the train was one six wheeler and one or two goods vans. 

I asked what the carriage was like, and  got “Oh, I dunno - I travelled on the footplate there and back….”

• Like 4

Been watching the pop-up notifications on the IRM site, as I have such exciting Saturday nights...

The IR livery A Classes are flying out now that A39R and A23R are out of stock.

IR livery 054 is already out of stock and 036 is not far behind her, both being the day-glow panel versions.

IR livery 017 without the day-glow panels will be next on the chopping block!

We need another run of Container Liners for those IR livery A Classes.

😅

Are orders being shipped purely based on payment date (or order date?), or is geography being taken into account, for example domestic orders ship first?

My stuff usually takes a long time either way, so I'm used to everything being "mañana", never a rush...

🏝️

• Like 1

I have 4 of mine stateside at the moment, only like 1 hour away from me. So I think IRM may have dispatched by either payment date or order date as I ordered these around the time they opened it up for pre-orders. I have 6 more that I am waiting on them to ship to me that I ordered this year. 

All going good, I am hoping by the end of this coming week or early next week, the other 6 will be on their way. 

More Container liners would be awesome and also Ammonia's too!!!

Edited by mmie353
  • Like 1
  • Informative 2

2 minutes ago, Billycan said:

Fran, Is date of payment not a priority?

I was wondering about that, but it's probably a lot easier to go through the orders in the order that they were made.

You have two failsafes from a supplier point of view, the order numbers and the dates should both work in the same order.

4 minutes ago, DJ Dangerous said:

I was wondering about that, but it's probably a lot easier to go through the orders in the order that they were made.

You have two failsafes from a supplier point of view, the order numbers and the dates should both work in the same order.

We ship in chronological order of date obviously once also paid in full. 

2 minutes ago, DJ Dangerous said:

Easier, certainly, but not acknowledging early payment.

2 minutes ago, DJ Dangerous said:

Nope!

1 minute ago, BosKonay said:

We ship in chronological order of date obviously once also paid in full. 

Order date or payment date?

Order date is the only priority as there wasn’t ‘strictly’ an option to not pay for the order 

Just now, BosKonay said:

Order date is the only priority as there wasn’t ‘strictly’ an option to not pay for the order 

Having said that our warehouse team are firing on all cylinders and we’re shipping over 1000 parcels a week so no one will have long to wait. 

5 minutes ago, BosKonay said:

Having said that our warehouse team are firing on all cylinders and we’re shipping over 1000 parcels a week so no one will have long to wait. 

So, people who 'strictly' didn't have to pay and didn't, will have priority over people who didn't have to pay but did?  Just seems to me that those who paid their money first should be served sooner rather than later.   

Just now, Billycan said:

So, people who 'strictly' didn't have to pay and didn't, will have priority over people who didn't have to pay but did?  Just seems to me that those who paid their money first should be served sooner rather than later.   

Everybody had to pay at some point. Doesn't matter when. Probably only a handful asked for deferred payment. It would take more time to single those few out and hold their orders back, than to just keep ploughing through the list!

• Like 3
  • Agree 3