IRM A Class Now In Production! Here's why you should get your pre-orders in sooner than later...

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

My shipment of vehicles left Dublin with DHL on September 23 and has been stuck in Miami since September 25. No word from DHL or DHL express, I don’t know what the difference is. This happened on a DHL shipment previously where they just sent it back to IRM without a word. Impossible to find out anything from them. I hope this is not a sign of things to come with my A class shipments

• Like 1

There can be large regional variations in otherwise 'identical' couriers.

DHL would be my preferred deliverer on the Big Island, by far - Andrej will arrive in the first five minutes of the hour that was predicted, infallibly.

Others are less reliable - I had a delivery, by Yodel, 'to a neighbour' whilst I was exiled on the Western Island - they informed me by email and I forwarded that to the alleged sender, my phone supplier, as I suspected it was a scam - that neighbour actually found it eight weeks later, hidden behind one of my bins. The sender, having initially denied sending me anything, and knowing that I was in exile, then spent two days ringing me on my UK landline and complaining that I wasn't answering (er....), then, finally emailing me and demanding that I tell them what the label said, when I didn't even know who had it - and nobody actually did.

• Like 1
  • WOW! 1

40 minutes ago, murphaph said:

These delivery companies are products of decades of mergers and takeovers. I think a brand that is good and reliable in one country can be awful in another.

Can only speak for my last three IRM shipments via DHL, each from Dublin to Hobart in 6-7 days. Extremely happy with that given the chaos in Australia Post at present due to staff shortages, on-line purchasing etc.  I have just bundled a couple of  ‘A’ class to ensure DHL so fingers crossed…….

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, johnfromoz said:

Can only speak for my last three IRM shipments via DHL, each from Dublin to Hobart in 6-7 days. Extremely happy with that given the chaos in Australia Post at present due to staff shortages, on-line purchasing etc.  I have just bundled a couple of  ‘A’ class to ensure DHL so fingers crossed…….

That must be DHL Express then (the courier arm of DHL, which competes in the same space as FedEx and UPS). Normal DHL wouldn't get there that quickly. 

• Informative 1

Got an email this morning to say one of my IRM orders was shipping, heart rate slight rise in excitement, alas it's not any of the A classes, just some vintage vehicles, but that's fine, happy to wait a few days more. Wasn't expecting despatch that soon anyway. Got enough work to be getting on with on the layout in the mean time. I'd moved the NCE DCC system to Gort, so will hook up a Z21 with physical cabs to Kingsbridge ready to run the A classes at the end of the week. Happy to discover the NCE cab bus wiring on Kingsbridge is compatible with the X-Bus on Z21 for remote wired cabs around the layout. Don't like using smartphones as cabs. . . . I digress. All ready for the A's now. :)

• Funny 2

6 hours ago, Broithe said:

There can be large regional variations in otherwise 'identical' couriers.

DHL would be my preferred deliverer on the Big Island, by far - Andrej will arrive in the first five minutes of the hour that was predicted, infallibly.

Others are less reliable - I had a delivery, by Yodel, 'to a neighbour' whilst I was exiled on the Western Island - they informed me by email and I forwarded that to the alleged sender, my phone supplier, as I suspected it was a scam - that neighbour actually found it eight weeks later, hidden behind one of my bins. The sender, having initially denied sending me anything, and knowing that I was in exile, then spent two days ringing me on my UK landline and complaining that I wasn't answering (er....), then, finally emailing me and demanding that I tell them what the label said, when I didn't even know who had it - and nobody actually did.

Ah - I have confused myself - I meant DPD, not DHL.

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

Great news! Our A Class is now officially in stock! Orders will be picked from today and dispatch will commence this afternoon. With almost 2,000 orders to get through it will take several days (most likely a week) to get through every pre-order, so your patience is appreciated during this process. 

Due to order changes and cancellations, we are able to offer previously sold out for sale once again. As you will see on the website though, numbers are very limited. So, act fast if you want them! https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/locomotives

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 6

2 hours ago, Warbonnet said:

Hi everyone,

Great news! Our A Class is now officially in stock! Orders will be picked from today and dispatch will commence this afternoon. With almost 2,000 orders to get through it will take several days (most likely a week) to get through every pre-order, so your patience is appreciated during this process. 

Due to order changes and cancellations, we are able to offer previously sold out for sale once again. As you will see on the website though, numbers are very limited. So, act fast if you want them! https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/locomotives

Cheers!

Fran 

Nice to have exact numbers of what is left. Only 9 A23R left! I’m right in saying due to all these cancellations. That loco is set to sell out first 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Westcorkrailway said:

Nice to have exact numbers of what is left. Only 9 A23R left! I’m right in saying due to all these cancellations. That loco is set to sell out first 

Cancellations and order changes. People sometimes like to change their minds on which one they want. But yes, was 13 a little while ago, now only 9! 

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 2

On 27/9/2021 at 7:42 PM, Billycan said:

That's a bit of a bummer and looks like we'll have to feel some pain.  But ouch!  What's the best estimate for when the non sound chips will be available?  Perhaps there's an alternative?

Anything on an alternative chip as Billycan asked ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, amdaley said:

Anything on an alternative chip as Billycan asked ?

Yeah, I asked the same a couple of months ago. Just need to know whether the non sound decoder needs 4 function plus 2 aux or 6 full logic functions. Shouldn’t be too hard for the lads to tell us…?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, johnfromoz said:

Looking at the IRM recommended Lokpilot 5 I’m thinking its four plus four aux outputs, so its possible a Zimo or even Lais will do the job.  Would be nice to know though…..

Correct, any 21 pin Chip with a similar feature set, and at least four plus 4 aux will do the job.

Other 21 pin chips may work, but all lighting functions may not be supported.

On 5/10/2021 at 1:58 PM, Bumble_Bee said:

Fair play folks its hard these days to decide what carrier to use since they are all so hit and miss sometimes. 

Although I will say....

...thank god you's aren't sending with Hermes 😆

Slightly off topic I know, but so far we have not had any issues with Hermes/Fastway for deliveries from UK to Ireland unlike the RM/Anpost fiasco.