IRM A Class Now In Production! Here's why you should get your pre-orders in sooner than later...

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

10 minutes ago, Warbonnet said:

Hi everyone,

Update on our As as they make their way, very slowly, across Europe. They are now due in our warehouse on Friday week (Oct 1st) and after checking and packing will begin shipping mid week of w/c Oct 4th. We have had a huge amount of pre-orders as you can imagine so it will take about a week to get them all posted out. 

We would like to thank you all for your patience regarding their slow crossing from China but with the news reports on global shipping putting everything into perspective ahead of Christmas perhaps we're lucky we're getting them at all this side of December!

Cheers,

Fran 

A small bit poetic that it will be almost exactly 3 years since initial announcement

• Like 1

As much as we're all gasping with impatience, they aren't ventilators and there should be no, or at least few, fatalities as a result.

How much would 8,000 kilometres of flexitrack cost?

They could be run in on the way here, without being subject to the 'global transport system'.

• Funny 1

9 minutes ago, mphoey said:

son is working in the docks now and said to me think your trains are coming in as he was expecting a couple of mixed containers in via france that originated in the east

All our stuff gets its own dedicated container (not mixed groupage) to stop any messin or potential damage. The A's filled their own 40ft too! 

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 7
  • Informative 2

On 22/9/2021 at 11:59 AM, Warbonnet said:

I think that would be a resounding no! 😆

Looking forward to the promised Crossley ESU Sound decoders to go with the grey and green livery variants. Models a bit late, but not the end of the world, first world problems, nobody died and worth the wait I’m sure. Have a rake of laminates ready for them to haul. Kadee coupling replacements already arrived back in May. Now which one to weather, which to leave pristine? That is the question. Very few colour photos of the CIE silver As, but plenty of film/video.

On 24/9/2021 at 7:36 AM, Noel said:

Looking forward to the promised Crossley ESU Sound decoders to go with the grey and green livery variants. Models a bit late, but not the end of the world, first world problems, nobody died and worth the wait I’m sure. Have a rake of laminates ready for them to haul. Kadee coupling replacements already arrived back in May. Now which one to weather, which to leave pristine? That is the question. Very few colour photos of the CIE silver As, but plenty of film/video.

CIE 1960-09-12 Cork A56 DT15-32

Edited by Old Blarney
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Hi Old B,

You mentioned Kadee replacement couplings, I have MM Cravens with NEM 362 pockets that I trial fitted with Kadee No. 20 couplings but they are 2mm short. Have you any suggestions to overcome this problem. I asked this question in the forum 6 weeks ago, no replies !

Thanks 

F4f

9 hours ago, Fowler4f said:

Hi Old B,

You mentioned Kadee replacement couplings, I have MM Cravens with NEM 362 pockets that I trial fitted with Kadee No. 20 couplings but they are 2mm short. Have you any suggestions to overcome this problem. I asked this question in the forum 6 weeks ago, no replies !

Thanks 

F4f

A little bit of fettling required to make your own shank out of plastic card to get both the distance and HEIGHT correct. 2mins with a Scalpel and super glue.

fitting_kadee_mm_craven_01.jpg

IMG_5556.jpg

slighlty different fix for MM Mk2d BUT only takes a few mins.

fitting_kadee_mm_mk2d_01.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Informative 1

On 25/9/2021 at 1:39 PM, Old Blarney said:

CIE 1960-09-12 Cork A56 DT15-32

Some very interesting old stock on there A56 in silver, second coach appears to be an old GSR corridor composite? followed by a 4 wheel guards van with side lookout in the middle of the rake.

A22, also at Cork Glanmire Road engine shed c. 1960

CIE 1960-09-12 Cork Glanmire Rd shed A22 DT16-7

Edited by DiveController
  • Like 3
  • Informative 1

12 minutes ago, DiveController said:

Some very interesting old stock on there A56 in silver, second coach appears to be an old GSR corridor composite? followed by a 4 wheel guards van with side lookout in the middle of the rake.

Yes, and typically so for the period - it's probably a Youghal train. The first is a GSWR 3rd (now "upgraded" to 2nd) - one of quite a few of the same type built in (I think) two batches about 1907.

The next is interesting - outwardly obviously of the same company and period, but that larger end window is throwing me; possibly a later conversion of something that started out like the first coach.

The van is a six-wheeled standard GSWR brake of 1890s origin, or thereabouts.

On the right is GSWR side corridor composite of 1915-1925 era. 

Incidentally, this picture shows very well how the post-1955 lighter carriage green weathered from its pristine state (first coach) and "flatter" hue as on the others. Coal smoke and brake dust accelerated this dulling-down, of course.

• Informative 1

On 25/9/2021 at 2:03 PM, Bumble_Bee said:

Fab! Yes indeed we are lucky to get these so soon given the worldwide delays. 

When I saw Hattons Genesis coaches postponed almost a whole year I dispaired but then rejoiced because it means I might be able to afford a second A Class depending on which ones are left in stock after arrival :P 

Thanks @Bumble_Bee, and you make a very good point that is worth remembering. We know the As are taking a couple of weeks more to travel from China than we had initially hoped (and yes, they are arriving much later than we had stated when first announced due to well documented reasons!) but with the state of the manufacturing world right now we are in a much better position with these than several other manufacturers, such as model railway producers, many of which have had to put releases back over 12 months due to supply chain issues. 

At least now we are into A Class week, and they land with us on Friday! :)

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3