IRM A Class Now In Production! Here's why you should get your pre-orders in sooner than later...

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

1 hour ago, Irishswissernie said:

Does this help? The photographer took a photo of the train in Avoca station as well. EDIT OOPS, Sorry JHB  I thought you were referring to the photo of A6 I had put on the Archive Thread morning Doh! 

Can this one be bumped across ?

A027.jpg

There ye go - tin van either end, obviously, plus GSWR wooden bogie, Park Royal and two older CIE coaches of slightly different designs.

Six vehicles, no two alike.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jhb171achill said:

While it’s not easy to make out, the first two carriages illustrate perfectly why I’m always banging on about at least one RTR older wooden coach to go with not just early diesels, but 141s and even 181s too - the last wooden bodied coaches lasted WELL into the black’n’tan era, though in the above picture, obviously all carriages are green and will be for some time.

The coach behind the loco is a wooden flat-roofed one, way off its GSWR home turf, and built between 1900 and about 1912. Next, a Park Royal. Gawd knows what the rest of the train is made up of…..

Tin van perhaps?

Hornsby magazine October issue a review of the IRM A class locomotive love the diagram on pages 91 and there is a lovely picture of CIE super train in it overall a brilliant review looking forward to mine also update in the magazine new BR mark 2 carriages and NER brake driving trailer is distinctive with only one cab window and free line side signs for oo and n and o in it overall top quality magazine for the month

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Irishswissernie said:

Does this help? The photographer took a photo of the train in Avoca station as well. EDIT OOPS, Sorry JHB  I thought you were referring to the photo of A6 I had put on the Archive Thread morning Doh! 

Can this one be bumped across ?

A027.jpg

An unusual shot looking from the back to the front of the train. I’ve not seen many like that.

Stephen

7 hours ago, jhb171achill said:

Almost. The plane has touched down here in Achill Island, where I am playing with them all. I promise to put them back in the right boxes.

You are surrounded so give yourself self up peacefully. There's no where to run. 

Step away from the boxes 🗣️

• Funny 1

What’s the hurry. It’s nearly 7 years since Fran first told me about the A class and gave me a brief preview of Richie’s early cad renders. It won’t be long now but worth waiting for. But I can bet you within days there will be clamouring for more Irish models and Irish rolling stock. H-Van and beet wagons triple packs would sell like confetti at a Greek wedding in Ballydahob. Irish Rail Mk7 sets, RPSI 22k sets in vomit green and yellow. Where will it all end Ted? Well let’s just settle down and enjoy the A class locos in the coming two weeks and look back at the journey that culminated in this epic milestone.  

• Like 1
  • WOW! 1

49 minutes ago, Bumble_Bee said:

It certainly is a milestone worth savoring, I'm not seriously whinging about new stuff before the A's have even landed, I'm just having fun adding to the running joke about updates on this thread :P 

Life would be very dull without a bit of fun. 

Now where did I put that shipping container 🤔 I know I left it around here some where 😏

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

5 minutes ago, Warbonnet said:

Hi everyone,

Due to a DB strike in Germany last week the train has been a tad delayed and caught in a backlog. They're currently about to get underway again but we're about 10 days away from arrival. 

Hurry up DB!!!

Cheers.

Fran 

I don't believe in coincidences.

Who do we know in Germany with a vested interest in hijacking this train?

Looking at you, @murphaph

• Funny 5

19 minutes ago, Warbonnet said:

Hi everyone,

Due to a DB strike in Germany last week the train has been a tad delayed and caught in a backlog. They're currently about to get underway again but we're about 10 days away from arrival. 

Hurry up DB!!!

Cheers.

Fran 

So much for German efficiency 😄 

• Funny 1

39 minutes ago, Westcorkrailway said:

If it’s struggling to get through Germany….what about France 😬😬😅😅

I had visions of Frenchmen in a convoy of 2CV's transporting a load of boxes marked "Trains" 🤣

At least the French have a transport system unlike Ireland where large parts of the country are devoid of any sort of decent transport 🙄 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, amdaley said:

I had visions of Frenchmen in a convoy of 2CV's transporting a load of boxes marked "Trains" 🤣

At least the French have a transport system unlike Ireland where large parts of the country are devoid of any sort of decent transport 🙄 

My vision was a broken Citroen van. With the van driver on strike 😅

I drove through Paris once,  north wall to them is a small siding 

• Like 2