IRM A Class Now In Production! Here's why you should get your pre-orders in sooner than later...

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

7 minutes ago, DJ Dangerous said:

So another run arriving at Christmas with new variants and running numbers?????

Or will it be the IRM 141's before the next run of  A's?

Next Christmas we’re getting 2 new special editions. A Galway livery one and Another lined green one to compliment the surge in 60s coaching stock 

you can quote me when I’m right 😂😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

3 hours ago, BosKonay said:

All of the models in this run of the A are in relatively limited numbers, of between 250 and 300 units. Interestingly the sold out models are all 300 unit runs.

That would indicate there is strong demand for the black n' tan era as suggested by DiveController and Leslie, which is why I'd like to understand Garfield's apparent questioning of this.

Edited by Ironroad
typo
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Ironroad said:

That would indicate there is strong demand for the black n' tan era as suggested by DiveController and Leslie, which is why I'd like to understand Garfield's apparent questioning of this.

I think that @Garfield was saying that the black and tan era has not been underestimated this time around - same number of B/T units as IR Day-Glow units prduced, and they're selling the same...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DJ Dangerous said:

I think that @Garfield was saying that the black and tan era has not been underestimated this time around - same number of B/T units as IR Day-Glow units prduced, and they're selling the same...

Depends on how that comment/question is interpreted, it can be read either way. If indeed he is saying demand has and IS NOT being underestimated, does this mean we can expect some offerings for that period. Is he teasing us?

I seem to remember that Fran suggested late last year that we could expect some announcements in 2021. We are now two thirds of the way through 2021 and other than reruns ( granted in new variants) and buses, we are still waiting to hear what to expect. It's time to raise the  curtain,

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ironroad said:

Depends on how that comment/question is interpreted, it can be read either way. If indeed he is saying demand has and IS NOT being underestimated, does this mean we can expect some offerings for that period. Is he teasing us?

I seem to remember that Fran suggested late last year that we could expect some announcements in 2021. We are now two thirds of the way through 2021 and other than reruns ( granted in new variants) and buses, we are still waiting to hear what to expect. It's time to raise the  curtain,

DJ has it spot on. I don't know how you would interpret it any other way, to be honest. And what's wrong with a little tease now and again? ;) 

Of course we have more announcements to make, but we're only going to raise the curtains when we're ready to do so. :) 

• Like 3

If they announce too early they'll be plagued with "when is X coming, you announced it X months ago...." comments so I can understand why they'd hold back.

Stuff like a worldwide container shortage and the Corona virus and Brexit have all gotten in the way of lots of people's plans in fairness.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Ironroad said:

Hi @Ironroad,

1. A rerun is a new announcement, as is a bus. So we have made new announcements this year already.

2. There is still one third of 2021 one left, and there will be announcements (including announcements of all new tooling) within the one third of the year left. 

We now announce things when they are ready to be announced. That's when the "raising of the curtain" will occur. As Murphaph states above, a lot has been happening in 2021 which has hindered all model making companies. All the major UK manufacturers have announced delays which demonstrate this. Despite this, our lovely shiny new A Classes are almost there, as are Taras. There's a lot to be excited about from IRM in the coming weeks and there will be more frothiness thereafter too. 

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Warbonnet said:

There is still one third of 2021 one left, and there will be announcements (including announcements of all new tooling) within the one third of the year left. 

It's nearly ten minutes since you made this announcement about the future announcements - has there been any progress since?

• Like 2
  • Funny 8

Like I recently posted on the other side, we’ve held back announcements due to the current climate of delay and uncertainty and a general aspiration to announce once projects are more concrete (so tooled samples in hand to share)

We’ve lots of new fun stuff at various stages of development totally under wraps which will be trickling out on a regular basis now that the A is arriving and we’ve caught up on many delays and challenges which set us back. 

Tease and froth are good :) it’s a fun hobby after all :) just wait until you see what treats we have in store :)

2 hours ago, Warbonnet said:

Hi @Ironroad,

1. A rerun is a new announcement, as is a bus. So we have made new announcements this year already.

2. There is still one third of 2021 one left, and there will be announcements (including announcements of all new tooling) within the one third of the year left. 

We now announce things when they are ready to be announced. That's when the "raising of the curtain" will occur. As Murphaph states above, a lot has been happening in 2021 which has hindered all model making companies. All the major UK manufacturers have announced delays which demonstrate this. Despite this, our lovely shiny new A Classes are almost there, as are Taras. There's a lot to be excited about from IRM in the coming weeks and there will be more frothiness thereafter too. 

Cheers!

Fran

You got a new cappuccino machine 😋

• Funny 2

1401953281_11_08.2021-aclasstransitmap.thumb.jpg.c060a8da0ac851abbfcbfaa8e43566e4.jpg

Hi everyone,

Great News! Our A Classes are now well into their journey from the factory towards our warehouse for final delivery. With the numerous issues around shipping in recent months we felt it was fitting to deliver our first locomotive by rail!

The locos are currently travelling the 7.500 mile rail journey across China, Russia and Europe where they will then transfer to ship for the final leg to Ireland. They will land with us in the first week of September and arrive with modellers in mid September, smooth travelling permitting!

With four running numbers already sold out on pre-order and others not far behind they are not going to hang around too long. Order yours today:  https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/a-class-locomotive

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • WOW! 2

2 hours ago, Warbonnet said:

1401953281_11_08.2021-aclasstransitmap.thumb.jpg.c060a8da0ac851abbfcbfaa8e43566e4.jpg

Hi everyone,

Great News! Our A Classes are now well into their journey from the factory towards our warehouse for final delivery. With the numerous issues around shipping in recent months we felt it was fitting to deliver our first locomotive by rail!

The locos are currently travelling the 7.500 mile rail journey across China, Russia and Europe where they will then transfer to ship for the final leg to Ireland. They will land with us in the first week of September and arrive with modellers in mid September, smooth travelling permitting!

With four running numbers already sold out on pre-order and others not far behind they are not going to hang around too long. Order yours today:  https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/a-class-locomotive

Cheers!

Fran 

Surely that’ll be very hard on their engines if they travel all that way by rail?

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

4 hours ago, DJ Dangerous said:

Spotted a huge mistake on your route, but I've fixed it for you...

IRM A Class Delivery Route 02.jpg

In my case they will actually pass within spitting distance of my house as the train passes to the south of Berlin and on to the Ruhrpott. I've seen this train pass through Schönefeld airport station before. It often stops there, presumably for a crew change. Getting rather excited about my tippex A's now:

Trans-Eurasia-Express.png

• Like 5

3 hours ago, murphaph said:

In my case they will actually pass within spitting distance of my house as the train passes to the south of Berlin and on to the Ruhrpott. I've seen this train pass through Schönefeld airport station before. It often stops there, presumably for a crew change. Getting rather excited about my tippex A's now:

Trans-Eurasia-Express.png

Can you intercept it?

I must say that The Lads are doing this in style.

If the container goes through Mongolia, it joins the Trans Siberian route at Ulan Ude, then running to the South of Lake Baikal, where there just happens to be a STEAM Shed at Slyudyanka:

So your A Classes can be steam-hauled for part of their journey,

just like the real thing .....

Splendid customer service!

• Like 6
  • Funny 1

47 minutes ago, Warbonnet said:

Hi everyone,

Not sure if this was shared previously, but Andy York of BRM magazine has taken a look at the As and given his verdict on how they perform. Check out his video here.

Cheers!

Fran

I hope AY is on commission because if that video doesn't sell more locos then nothing will 👍

Beautiful loco & the sound is something else.

Looking forward to my A1 now.

• Funny 2