IRM A Class Now In Production! Here's why you should get your pre-orders in sooner than later...

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

22 minutes ago, Patrick Davey said:

Any idea where The A Class Express is now?  Would have been great if it could have been tracked!! 🤣

It's parked in my drive, at a secret address. I set a red signal against it. Once I've unloaded a few "A"s, and some GSWR bogies and six-wheelers, I'll let it go again. No need to thank me. The crew have been unharmed.

• Like 1
  • Funny 5

34 minutes ago, jhb171achill said:

It's parked in my drive, at a secret address. I set a red signal against it. Once I've unloaded a few "A"s, and some GSWR bogies and six-wheelers, I'll let it go again. No need to thank me. The crew have been unharmed.

I was hoping for that Ballymena & Larne starter set in 009.......

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DiveController said:

Wish I could have done that in school, turned all my Cs into As

Minor detail 😏

3 hours ago, Noel said:

Cahirsiveen?

👍Well done that man. Not there any more though. 

44 minutes ago, Westcorkrailway said:

Does it run well? 🤣🤣🤣

Still trying to find a decoder for it 🤔

• WOW! 1

1 hour ago, amdaley said:

Minor detail 😏

👍Well done that man. Not there any more though. 

Still trying to find a decoder for it 🤔

Fortunately I've a few Silverfox C class kits running on MM 141 donor chassis, and they run like swiss watches. There was no way I was going to put a Hornby rail road plastic donor chassis under them. Minimal surgery needed to the MM, just remove the body and cutaway about 4mm of each end of the metal chassis and it fits like a glove, and runs like a pearl. Fortunately I picked up the donors about 5 years ago for about €80each before these beautiful bachman/MM baby GMs went through the roof on eBay in recent years. Its inevitable some time that these will be re-run just as MM 071s in NIR and Grey livery will get re-run in time. What's the rush? Isn't this a life long hobby. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

While it’s not easy to make out, the first two carriages illustrate perfectly why I’m always banging on about at least one RTR older wooden coach to go with not just early diesels, but 141s and even 181s too - the last wooden bodied coaches lasted WELL into the black’n’tan era, though in the above picture, obviously all carriages are green and will be for some time.

The coach behind the loco is a wooden flat-roofed one, way off its GSWR home turf, and built between 1900 and about 1912. Next, a Park Royal. Gawd knows what the rest of the train is made up of…..

• Like 1