IRM A Class Now In Production! Here's why you should get your pre-orders in sooner than later...

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

11 minutes ago, Dempsey said:

The closer it gets to the release the harder it is too be patient.

It really does.

I'm dreading seeing everybody posting pictures and videos 48 hours after orders ship, because I know that mine will take about three weeks longer to arrive...

Unless I can find somebody flying down here the day after launch, who can smuggle a few in their suitcase!

33 minutes ago, DJ Dangerous said:

It really does.

I'm dreading seeing everybody posting pictures and videos 48 hours after orders ship, because I know that mine will take about three weeks longer to arrive...

Unless I can find somebody flying down here the day after launch, who can smuggle a few in their suitcase!

That’s what you get for living in Darkest Peru, DJ !

• Funny 3

40 minutes ago, DJ Dangerous said:

It really does.

I understand that delayed gratification is a sign of intelligence. Bask in your intellectual greatness DJ…

• Like 3
  • Funny 2

46 minutes ago, DJ Dangerous said:

It really does.

I can wait to go to marks models and seeing a few of them in the glass cabinet, since i can't afford them all!

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

18 minutes ago, jhb171achill said:

That’s what you get for living in Darkest Peru, DJ !

Yeah, it's just pure torture, life's so terrible.

11 minutes ago, Galteemore said:

I understand that delayed gratification is a sign of intelligence. Bask in your intellectual greatness DJ…

You sound like one of my ex-girlfriends...

My Container Liners took ten months to show up, so I'm all intellectualised out.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

3 hours ago, enniscorthyman said:

I wonder would it be possible when things get back to some sort of normality,that the high priests of IRM maybe might do a lecture/talk on the beginnings, and IRM products to date at some future show?

Hi Eamonn,

Sure, we were going to do something like that when we did the launch for project 42, but it snowed and we had to cancel! We can certainly look into it again when things are better than they are now, whether it be an event on its own, or part of a show. 

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 3
  • Informative 1

Hi everyone, 

One delight we have yet to show off is our special edition class leader; A1. We decided to make this one a bit special, with limited edition certificate, 250 pieces and a wooden presentation box. It represents the loco in as delivered condition in 1955 complete with sandboxes. Check it out.

Case6.thumb.jpg.ff5f9a831cbb7ce6b3ae7d2daadd68c3.jpg

Case5.thumb.jpg.d1407ee1f6d019bcd8a02b2e48f65ea5.jpg

Case4.thumb.jpg.826fa9fac5237c17d495c46e9209aea2.jpg

Case3.thumb.jpg.db7c021f8ba1aae7605e922e15a5d3ae.jpg

Case7.thumb.jpg.f1caac81c62a807e298908f5e8ca19e2.jpg

Case2.thumb.jpg.4d7128bb1d043e491ae43354fde33696.jpg

Case1.thumb.jpg.e233a8e2113dd67f4440b992391acb49.jpg

Remember, this locomotive is only available via IRM direct and strictly limited to 250 pieces. As we all know, Irish locos tend to appreciate in value, so this represents a great investment opportunity as much as something very special. Reserve yours today: https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/a-class-locomotive/products/a1-a-class-locomotive

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 9
  • WOW! 6

I am glad to see you perfecting handrails, packaging and then the handling/ kicking about the whitevan are somethings that fill me with dread. I might consider getting etched and chemically blackend  stainless steel or nickle silver . Certainly I would hope you could get a couple of handrails in the accessory pack if not too late.

Robert     

16 hours ago, NIRCLASS80 said:

Just a quick question but does the CAWS guard have to be removed if using couplings or can it be used down to a certain radius of curve?

Hi Gareth,

The cutout should handle radius two curves as it's a kinematic coupling. 

12 hours ago, patrick said:

I'm curious to know if the models shipped with only one coupler fitted as shown in the photos?

Hi Patrick,

They will be shipped with one coupling fitted as per photos with the second in the accessory pack for you to install if desired. They just clip into the NEM pocket.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative 2

1 hour ago, Warbonnet said:

Hi Gareth,

The cutout should handle radius two curves as it's a kinematic coupling. 

Hi Patrick,

They will be shipped with one coupling fitted as per photos with the second in the accessory pack for you to install if desired. They just clip into the NEM pocket.

Cheers!

Fran 

Thanks for the info. I always try to have 24inch radius curves as a minimum so that’s great. 

• Like 1