IRM A Class Now In Production! Here's why you should get your pre-orders in sooner than later...

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

1 minute ago, StevieB said:

Having waited so long for these beauties, does it really matter whether you get yours tomorrow or the day after?

Stephen

Have to agree with you!  Although I'm one to talk, I requested to collect mine coz' I did'nt fancy waiting on the post!😄

2 hours ago, Billycan said:

So, people who 'strictly' didn't have to pay and didn't, will have priority over people who didn't have to pay but did?  Just seems to me that those who paid their money first should be served sooner rather than later.   

Are you suggesting that people who simply paid in full at the time of ordering should get there's before those who ordered earlier but waited til the last minute to pay?

• Funny 1

1 hour ago, Billycan said:

I wrote,

Just seems to me that those who paid their money first should be served sooner rather than later.   

What do you think?

The difference in delivery could be down to hours 24 maybe 48 after waiting 3 years you have to get things into perspective we could be pedantic but is it not worth it considering we have patiently waited this long . 
Too dispatch the orders in the way you suggest might involve re picking the orders and may inadvertently delay the deliveries overall .  

Edited by flange lubricator
  • Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

I wrote,

Just seems to me that those who paid their money first should be served sooner rather than later.   

What do you think?

And I responded that very few, if any, chose the latter option of pay at the last minute. Those who paid up front will receive them sooner than later.

• Like 7

I wrote,

What do you think?

I think that if you fully paid before the items arrived in stock then you’re as entitled to them as quickly as anyone who payed in full at time of order. So dispatch the items in whatever way seems fit. In this case order date is perfectly fine.

• Like 4

"Just seems to me that those who paid their money first should be served sooner rather than later."

"Exactly. Keep it simple and ship the product. Adding in more variables would just slow down the process for all."

Patience is a Virtue,

Virtue is a grace,

Grace was a little girl,

Who never washed her face.

A rhyme I learnt many years ago. And one that, in general, seems to be out-of-favour nowadays. It seems to me that too many individuals want everything yesterday and to pay for it next year!

I'm no time-and motion expert but consider these processes: 

(1) Order Book - Check Order and Order No - xxxx ( Are there multiple orders from this customer?) In my case the answer is YES. Orders placed -

27th October 2018 - 30th April2021 - 14th Aug 2021 - 7th October 2021.

(2) Pick Order/s

(3) Check Order/orders against Order Book

(4) Pack Order

(5) Package Order

(6) Label Box - (Prepare Customs documentation where necessary)  

(7) Place box/s in (appropriate) despatch area

(8) Despatch Order/s as appropriate - (1) Courier -Postal Services - Collect (2)

(8A) Transport Orders to an appropriate location for shipping.

Assuming 2 minutes per task, it's fair to assume an order may take, on average, fifteen (15) minutes to prepare and have ready for despatch. That's four per hour. Assuming the four lads are doing all this work Therefor 4x4 = 16 Orders per hour x 7 Hours per day =112 Per day X 5 Days = 560 Orders per week. Somewhere, I read there were approximately 2,000 Orders to be despatched.  I'm allowing anything up to 3.5 weeks for my deliver.

Patience is a Virtue.

Personally I just want to say, Thank you, to the Team at IRM. 

Old Blarney

Edited by Old Blarney
  • Like 8
  • Agree 1

I'm going to do the right thing here and ask the lads to dispatch Billycans loco before mine 

To see the man struggling like he is is too much. Fran Pat Bosko you need to take a good look at yourselves. Imagine taking the hobby to the heights it is now releasing fantastic models and then upsetting poor Billycan. I need to stop before I cry, it's taken the joy out of yesterday's result.

Rich,

• Agree 2
  • Funny 7

Well, well, glad you all had great sport and enjoyed that, and all based on the assumption that I have an order with IRM.  I guess I'll give you that one.  I do have an order with them.  However, the second assumption was that I was looking to speed up delivery.  Not so.  Last week when I realised that personal commitments would mean that it was quite possible that I would not be here if An Post delivered, I changed my order to 'collect' so that I could manage safe shipping later rather than sooner.  Who'd have thought that a simple customer relations question could engage folk to that extent.  

Fran, Pat, Bosko you need to get some orders out to a few of these poor modellers, especially any who might be finding the wait challenging.

Enjoy the modelling, share photos and keep uploading videos.
  • Funny 5

Just now, irishthump said:

Just a quick question for the IRM lads….

My own A Class order doesn’t show up in the “my orders” section of my account on the IRM website. Is this normal? I’m thinking maybe it’s because the order was made so long back….

If you send us a quick email with the order number we can check it for you. :)

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, ttc0169 said:

Overwhelmed at this time….can hardly make the stairs to Tara junction😜

Looking forward to seeing videos of one run on Tara Junction, I'd hazard a guess it will be the best running loco to date at crawl speeds over a series of points. No jerking, no stalling, just pure scale precision running.

• Agree 1

On 11/10/2021 at 12:43 PM, mmie353 said:

May need to go "sick" for the rest of the day, just arrived while on my lunch A23R, 027, 056 and 036.. Awesome

On 11/10/2021 at 2:46 PM, patrick said:

DHL from Ireland is often faster than shipments within the US. A39r also arrived today with four more on order. 

MY last shipment of IRM buses was a doozy, the packet stayed in Miami for almost 2 weeks waiting for a driver to ship it onward. Finally arrived with minimal damage. My signed for delivery came with multiple notices on my DHL app to change the delivery especially an option to cancel the signature.

It didn't even come on the day it was finally out for delivery but did finally come the day after that. They just threw it at my door in any case, no signature required I guess but they did have a photograph of 'proof of placement' to absolve themselves of any liability. I did actually pay them for that in the order, its not Freepost

I was glad to see DHL is routing my IR A classes via Ohio this time, so fingers crossed. Oddly my Silver As were ordered well in advance of anything else (order number in the 2000s, we're hitting 10K at the moment) and they have not yet shipped. Don't care honestly which order they come in but it would be nice if DHL got its act together this time. New set of notices to change delivery even before it has left Ireland, customer service right there....not

Edited by DiveController
  • Like 3