IRM A Class Now In Production! Here's why you should get your pre-orders in sooner than later...

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

9 minutes ago, irishthump said:

On seperate note,

When fitting couplers in the NEM pockets on the detailed end of the A Class it appears you need to remove the brake cylinder at the fromt of the bogie. How is this removed? Is a simply a friction fit and do the sideframes have to come off as well?

It should be friction fit...

• Informative 3

15 hours ago, connollystn said:

Damn! Looks like I'll have to pay my friends a visit tomorrow to have a couple more set aside. Know I'll regret it if I don't.

He said these won't be re produced but other numbered locos, Well I expect so....

14 hours ago, Warbonnet said:

You lot come up with some off the wall stuff sometimes! Extra A Classes? You's shall be so lucky! 

Lets get our own back on the Neighbours and issue some A's in BR Colours.., Two Tone Green, Blue and NSE. See how they like em after the 33 and Hymeks being launched at us years ago :)

Edited by Georgeconna
  • Like 2
  • Funny 10

1 hour ago, Georgeconna said:

He said these won't be re produced but other numbered locos, Well I expect so....

Lets get our own back on the Neighbours and issue some A's BR Colours.., Two Tone Green, Blue and NSE. See how they like em after the 33 and Hymeks being launched at us years ago :)

Add insult to injury by calling them class 28s on the box. And call it a day!

• Like 1
  • Funny 4

6 hours ago, Irishswissernie said:

I could have sworn yesterday that when I went on the Shop site there was an advert for an ITG A3r as preserved version Class A but later on it had gone. Now I havn't touched a drop of the hard stuff apart from strong tea for the last 40 years. Have I gone even softer in the head or did anyone else see it? 

Yes. I also saw it. The livery was, if I'm correct, the same as that applied to A 23R.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Colin R said:

Hi I know this might sound wrong but do you have an update as to which models you still have left from this batch? (not that I can afford anymore just now, but it is more out of curiosity).

Colin  

I guess they're all popular enough so as to have sold down to the point where you can see an exact number of remaining units in the IRM shop.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1

2 hours ago, Colin R said:

Hi I know this might sound wrong but do you have an update as to which models you still have left from this batch? (not that I can afford anymore just now, but it is more out of curiosity).

Colin  

As Murph says, you can see the remaining quantities for each here:

https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/locomotives

8 hours ago, Irishswissernie said:

I could have sworn yesterday that when I went on the Shop site there was an advert for an ITG A3r as preserved version Class A but later on it had gone. Now I havn't touched a drop of the hard stuff apart from strong tea for the last 40 years. Have I gone even softer in the head or did anyone else see it? 

I thought that I had seen that a long time back, then just assumed that it had been my imagination. Can't remember the running number, just the "as preserved" bit.

6 hours ago, BosKonay said:

... yet

Yay, ICR's for Christmas!

On 18/10/2021 at 5:56 PM, DJ Dangerous said:

Jesus, Noel, do you ever stop moaning?

Seriously, bitching about the lads on YouTube, on RMWeb, on here, there's no end.

You posted here about a bazillion times that you were going away, now you're moaning because the locos didn't arrive while you were away.

Maybe you don't mean to attack non-stop, but just think before you type, please!

Listen, there's moaning and there's moaning. Fellah and the wife were indulging in the nudie nookie business (he was taking a break from admiring the A class he had just acquired). He said to the wife " You are doing this all wrong, you should be moaning" . "That ceiling needs painting" came back the reply.....

On 18/10/2021 at 5:56 PM, DJ Dangerous said:

Edited by spudfan
double post
  • Funny 5

Mine arrived safe and sound on Monday. Absolutely gorgeous thing and now I can move forward with my homemade mk2+3 coaches now that I can match the shade of orange accurately to this  :P

Absolutely loving the day glo panels, as a 1995 kid it couldn't be any other livery for me! Although Santa will probably get asked for a second loco..

speaking of arriving safe and sound, frig me lads they are well packaged! Felt like a game of pass the parcel with all the layers! 😛 certainly a quality product and shows pride in the work unlike other manufacturers who do bear minimum where packaging is concerned!

I wish I could join the rest of ye in getting it down on the layout for a run, however in the months prior, I have been delving into one of my other main loves, Transformers, and the railway table has become a junk yard..20211018_224858.thumb.jpg.727abfcc19f56b96d7f46363123bf598.jpg

When I get these robots shifted back to Cybertron I'll get some running done :P

20211019_001311.thumb.jpg.7a85c3bd03ae758adede19c48b9550f9.jpg

20211018_224831.jpg

• Like 7

39 minutes ago, Bumble_Bee said:

Mine arrived safe and sound on Monday. Absolutely gorgeous thing and now I can move forward with my homemade mk2+3 coaches now that I can match the shade of orange accurately to this  :P

Absolutely loving the day glo panels, as a 1995 kid it couldn't be any other livery for me! Although Santa will probably get asked for a second loco..

speaking of arriving safe and sound, frig me lads they are well packaged! Felt like a game of pass the parcel with all the layers! 😛 certainly a quality product and shows pride in the work unlike other manufacturers who do bear minimum where packaging is concerned!

I wish I could join the rest of ye in getting it down on the layout for a run, however in the months prior, I have been delving into one of my other main loves, Transformers, and the railway table has become a junk yard..20211018_224858.thumb.jpg.727abfcc19f56b96d7f46363123bf598.jpg

When I get these robots shifted back to Cybertron I'll get some running done :P

20211019_001311.thumb.jpg.7a85c3bd03ae758adede19c48b9550f9.jpg

20211018_224831.jpg

I like how an LMS Antrim coast advert is right next to one about Japan 😁

• Like 3

Hi everyone,

It's safe to say that the A Class is our most ordered IRM model to date, ever. Pre-orders for our first locomotive dwarfed any wagon release by three times at the very least.

We always knew dispatch would take longer than it did for any wagon run we have done, particularly when considering the weight of the locos and the extra packing required. However, we didn't quite anticipate just how long.

The good news is that the mountain of pre-orders has now become a mere hill, but we still have a good bit to go.

Our warehouse crew have been packing A Classes for over a week now, and such is the deluge of orders we have received we have them working overtime in the evenings and this weekend to get the orders out as quick as we can.

To speed things up further, we approached a temp agency and asked for four additional temp staff members to come and join our drive to get the locos out the door. Sadly, none of them showed up, such is the demands currently for labour in the logistics industry, especially at this time of year with Christmas fast approaching.

So, that's where we are. Our warehouse team estimate that the current backlog of A Class orders will be cleared by next Friday, October 29th. We do apologise for this delay, but we are flat out going as fast as we can. This also goes for any orders that have been requested for collection, as they are in the same queue as postal orders.

We want your A Class turning up properly protected, in one piece and ready for action on you, so we must take the time to pack them properly.

Thank you for your patience, understanding and continued support for IRM, and of course your passion for our first locomotive. We promise that it will be well worth the wait.

Thanks,

Fran (on behalf of IRM) 

• Like 8
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 5

14 minutes ago, Warbonnet said:

Our warehouse crew have been packing A Classes for over a week now, and such is the deluge of orders we have received we have them working overtime in the evenings and this weekend to get the orders out as quick as we can.

Whips are quite cheap, or easy to improvise.

However, if you are concerned about safety and welfare issues, such as important staff members being disturbed by the noise, then cattle-prods could be worth considering - or electric-shock collars, that could be remotely operated?

• Like 1
  • Funny 4

22 minutes ago, Warbonnet said:

Hi everyone,

It's safe to say that the A Class is our most ordered IRM model to date, ever. Pre-orders for our first locomotive dwarfed any wagon release by three times at the very least.

We always knew dispatch would take longer than it did for any wagon run we have done, particularly when considering the weight of the locos and the extra packing required. However, we didn't quite anticipate just how long.

The good news is that the mountain of pre-orders has now become a mere hill, but we still have a good bit to go.

To speed things up further, we approached a temp agency and asked for four additional temp staff members to come and join our drive to get the locos out the door. Sadly, none of them showed up, such is the demands currently for labour in the logistics industry, especially at this time of year with Christmas fast approaching.

So, that's where we are. Our warehouse team estimate that the current backlog of A Class orders will be cleared by next Friday, October 29th. We do apologise for this delay, but we are flat out going as fast as we can. This also goes for any orders that have been requested for collection, as they are in the same queue as postal orders.

We want your A Class turning up properly protected, in one piece and ready for action on you, so we must take the time to pack them properly.

Thank you for your patience, understanding and continued support for IRM, and of course your passion for our first locomotive. We promise that it will be well worth the wait.

Thanks,

Fran (on behalf of IRM) 

And the A’s were announced on October 29th 2018 you just couldn’t make it up 

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

21 minutes ago, Warbonnet said:

Hi everyone,

Thanks,

Fran (on behalf of IRM) 

Thanks for the update Fran.👍

It's great to see how popular these have been and must be a good sign for the future of Irish  railway modelling. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Barl said:

Thanks for the update Fran.👍

It's great to see how popular these have been and must be a good sign for the future of Irish  railway modelling. 

Victims of our own success, perhaps. 

If it's any consolation, us IRM folk will be the very last to receive their As! 

• Like 5
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Warbonnet said:

Hi everyone,

Thanks,

Fran (on behalf of IRM) 

Having seen them on a friend’s layout the other day, yes, even if it wasn’t obvious from the pictures (and it is!), I can vouch that they are indeed WELL worth waiting for.

I think I can speak tor all here in saying how much we hugely appreciate the massive effort and commitment of IRM, and especially with the odds stacked against you - China nit being exactly next door, covid and supply chains.

The models are seriously exhibition standard. They exceed anything I’ve ever seen. Very well done, folks.

(Yes, I patiently await mine! Silver, green and black….).

Is there any truth in the rumour that you’re doing one in NIR blue and silver next April 1st?

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Warbonnet said:

Hi everyone,

Thanks,

Fran (on behalf of IRM) 

No problem Fran. I'm sure you're working as fast as possible.

Mine will arrive when it arrives but as a matter of interest can I ask what method decides how these are dispatched ?

Is it by date ordered, date paid or is it purely random ?

Thanks.

Tony.

On 19/10/2021 at 8:11 PM, Georgeconna said:

Lets get our own back on the Neighbours and issue some A's in BR Colours.., Two Tone Green, Blue and NSE. See how they like em after the 33 and Hymeks being launched at us years ago :)

I love your thinking, George!

Perhaps a GSWR J15 with “Flyin’ Scotsman” on one side and “GWR” on the other, in nice LMS maroon….

• Funny 2

25 minutes ago, amdaley said:

No problem Fran. I'm sure you're working as fast as possible.

Mine will arrive when it arrives but as a matter of interest can I ask what method decides how these are dispatched ?

Is it by date ordered, date paid or is it purely random ?

Thanks.

Tony.

Hi Tony,

Many thanks for that. We have a policy of dispatching order earliest date fully paid first, then by order date thereafter, with order first pay later slotting in there, but it seems a few slipped through the net in this case. We have informed the warehouse team to ensure this is strictly adhered to going forward in fairness to everyone.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Warbonnet said:

Hi Tony,

Many thanks for that. We have a policy of dispatching order date fully paid first, then by order date thereafter, with order first pay later slotting in there, but it seems a few slipped through the net in this case. We have informed the warehouse team to ensure this is strictly adhered to going forward in fairness to everyone.

Cheers!

Fran 

Thanks Fran.

I was just wondering how it's being handled.

Regards.

Tony.

5 hours ago, Warbonnet said:

Hi Tony,

Many thanks for that. We have a policy of dispatching order earliest date fully paid first, then by order date thereafter, with order first pay later slotting in there, but it seems a few slipped through the net in this case. We have informed the warehouse team to ensure this is strictly adhered to going forward in fairness to everyone.

Cheers!

Fran 

Hi Fran, 

In the case of two fully paid orders, and the later ordered one has been dispatched but the earlier one hasn't been, will this be caught by the warehouse team and caught up with in due course or is this something that needs to be brought to your attention after a specific amount of time has elapsed? 

Thanks, and apologies, just don't want to be sending an email and clogging up the system if unnecessary. 

Edited by Blu Bianco