IRM A Class Now In Production! Here's why you should get your pre-orders in sooner than later...

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

On 18/10/2021 at 4:30 AM, DiveController said:

To be honest I was thinking of getting a second one in dark green, but alas! Surprising that this sold so quickly like the BnT livery, must have been in smaller quantities. Were many painted into the dark green? Was considering a renumber.

Might also do a light green with a stripe if I get brave enough

I believe only two were dark green, though I can't remember the number of the other one.

What was probably happening was that they were using up bus paint - buses and lorries had retained the older green, as had whatever steam locos were still green.

They did this with one rake of carriages abut 1964/5, after the black'n'tan livery had started - they used up old paint stocks on a spare set (the carriage numbers were quoted, I think, in the IRRS journal of the day) and just painted them plain green.

Regarding the lighter green livery that the other "A"s had, some had waistlines and some didn't. I was told once that at least one started its green repainted career without a line and had one added later, but I cannot confirm this.

• Like 1
  • Informative 2

I know people are impatient for their A class to arrive, but it will arrive. Spare a thought for those who were eagerly awaiting Dapol's "N" gauge class 50. It finally arrived at Dapol from China but they sent the whole lot back to China as the finished product was not as it should be.

• Like 2
  • WOW! 2

2 hours ago, Blu Bianco said:

Hi Fran, 

In the case of two fully paid orders, and the later ordered one has been dispatched but the earlier one hasn't been, will this be caught by the warehouse team and caught up with in due course or is this something that needs to be brought to your attention after a specific amount of time has elapsed? 

Thanks, and apologies, just don't want to be sending an email and clogging up the system if unnecessary. 

Hi Blu Bianco,

Not at the moment but when our backlog is clear we will put a note up here, Facebook and via email to let everyone know. If you haven’t heard about your order by that stage then we will get you to email us so we can look into it for you.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 1
  • Informative 3

2 minutes ago, Warbonnet said:

Hi Blu Bianco,

Not at the moment but when our backlog is clear we will put a note up here, Facebook and via email to let everyone know. If you haven’t heard about your order by that stage then we will get you to email us so we can look into it for you.

Cheers!

Fran

Hopefully it will dispatch in due course during the backlog clearing process anyway but should it not thanks for the clear advice Fran.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Westcorkrailway said:

And the A’s were announced on October 29th 2018 you just couldn’t make it up 

A couple of extra days or weeks is not as important to me as having the things very well packed. There is simply no point in receiving them damaged. Where would the replacement come from? Received my first  delivery with minor damage to 054 but then got A1 a couple of days ago in pristine condition with the box still shrink wrapped!✌️

Just be grateful it wasn't announced on February 29th or you'd all be waiting until 2024😄

• Like 3
  • Funny 1

5 minutes ago, Warbonnet said:

Hi everyone,

Wondering how many more A Classes there are to be sent out? This much... 

657892344_AClasspileWarehouse.thumb.jpg.e2fcabc7862d9dd63abcf0ab92bc6038.jpg

This pile represents about the final third of orders that will be sent out between now and next Friday. It's only when you see the volume for itself do you begin to understand just how many of these had to be picked, box made, wrapped, labelled and shipped. Our warehousing team will now work throughout the bank holiday to pick, wrap and label orders to get them out to you as quickly as possible. 

This is by far the biggest order volume we've ever handled, with it dwarfing any previous run of wagons for either IRM or Accurascale. It's fantastic that our A Class locos have seen such a huge demand. It's been a learning curve for all of us, and we will put in measures to streamline order dispatch, but if we want our locomotives to be wrapped securely so they arrive to your layout in perfect condition it takes a lot more than a bit of card, tape and bubble wrap. It takes a bit of time to ensure you can enjoy them out of the box for many years to come.

Thank you once again for your continued patience and understanding. If you are still waiting then it's worth reading the customer testimonials from those who have received theirs so far to know it is well worth the wait. Thanks also goes to our warehouse staff who have done trojan work, including 15 hour days to get them out the door. They're flat out and have been for 10 days now. 

It's been a long wait, we know that better than anyone, but we've been overjoyed to see them arrive in peoples hands, enjoyed on their layouts and the feedback on the locomotive itself has been fantastic and very much appreciated. If you knew half the story over the past three years, particularly since the pandemic, then you'd be slightly amazed they got here at all, but that's another story for another day. 

In the meantime, plaudits should go to Patrick for his extensive research, Richie's extensive surveying and project management, our CAD man Eugen who drew the locos in 3D, Gareth for his excellent decoration artwork, the late Anthony McDonald who was instrumental in assisting Patrick with research, the ITG gang in supporting us from day one with research and access to A39r, ESU for coming from Germany to record the sounds for the decoders and assisting on all DCC functionality IWT for shipping them from China to Dublin and dealing with all the rail challenges that sprung up along the way, Stephen for putting us all together in the first place and our factory who have manufactured a masterpiece in OO scale. Now our warehouse staff who are shipping them out. (I've sure I've missed people, if I have I'm very sorry!)

However, the biggest thank you of all is to you, our customers, who have supported us from day one, offered us great encouragement and understanding when timelines slipped, and most of all, opened your wallets and believed in our models. Thank you from all of us at IRM. 

Oh, and those boxes? Well, more on that this Sunday. 

Cheers!

Fran (On behalf of IRM)

I got a postal notification last night so will probably be delivered Monday. 

Thanks lads. 

You can all stop now & takes a few days off 😂

Tony. 

• Like 2
  • Funny 3

Nice one. looks Like I could be a bad debt and last! , I have my Western to play with anyhow :) , just need to scab a 21 pin decoder from another loco. None in Marks Cork...

Kids are off next week so I could be grassed up should they arrived without me intercepting them!  'Dad got a big box mum'   and then I will the 3rd degree and eventually get a second big box or a kick! :)

Enjoy Sean

Well done to IRM on the success on this model. Hope it paves the way for bigger and Better things, Just gonna watch out for the IRM warehouse job there but must be in Cork!

Edited by Georgeconna
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 2

1 hour ago, Warbonnet said:

Hi everyone,

This pile represents the stock of which the final third of orders will be picked from and and will be sent out between now and next Friday. It's only when you see the volume for itself do you begin to understand just how many of these had to be picked, box made, wrapped, labelled and shipped. Our warehousing team will now work throughout the bank holiday to pick, wrap and label orders to get them out to you as quickly as possible. 

This is by far the biggest order volume we've ever handled, with it dwarfing any previous run of wagons for either IRM or Accurascale. It's fantastic that our A Class locos have seen such a huge demand. It's been a learning curve for all of us, and we will put in measures to streamline order dispatch, but if we want our locomotives to be wrapped securely so they arrive to your layout in perfect condition it takes a lot more than a bit of card, tape and bubble wrap. It takes a bit of time to ensure you can enjoy them out of the box for many years to come.

Thank you once again for your continued patience and understanding. If you are still waiting then it's worth reading the customer testimonials from those who have received theirs so far to know it is well worth the wait. Thanks also goes to our warehouse staff who have done trojan work, including 15 hour days to get them out the door. They're flat out and have been for 10 days now. 

It's been a long wait, we know that better than anyone, but we've been overjoyed to see them arrive in peoples hands, enjoyed on their layouts and the feedback on the locomotive itself has been fantastic and very much appreciated. If you knew half the story over the past three years, particularly since the pandemic, then you'd be slightly amazed they got here at all, but that's another story for another day. 

In the meantime, plaudits should go to Patrick for his extensive research, Richie's extensive surveying and project management, our CAD man Eugen who drew the locos in 3D, Gareth for his excellent decoration artwork, the late Anthony McDonald who was instrumental in assisting Patrick with research, the ITG gang in supporting us from day one with research and access to A39r, ESU for coming from Germany to record the sounds for the decoders and assisting on all DCC functionality IWT for shipping them from China to Dublin and dealing with all the rail challenges that sprung up along the way, Stephen for putting us all together in the first place and our factory who have manufactured a masterpiece in OO scale. Now our warehouse staff who are shipping them out. (I've sure I've missed people, if I have I'm very sorry!)

However, the biggest thank you of all is to you, our customers, who have supported us from day one, offered us great encouragement and understanding when timelines slipped, and most of all, opened your wallets and believed in our models. Thank you from all of us at IRM. 

Cheers!

Fran (On behalf of IRM)

There are not to many model companies where we get direct access to behind the scenes, ask questions to almost immediate response 

I have only PROPERLY been into Irish modelling for 4 ish years, it could have been earlier but I only knew of MM stuff and stuck to my tiny British fleet and model farms. Hell I’ve only been in the forum for less then a year I would think!

now time for guessing what’s in those boxes, because somone has too. (Ambitious as it is) I think we will get an update on those 3D printed footbridges by Robert Roche…..maybe just maybe 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Warbonnet said:

Hi everyone,

A3R as preserved?

22000 ICR's?

B&I Ferries?

RoadLiner Trucks?

A partridge in a pear tree?

Or is it just my order spread out over those few pallets?

• Funny 1

3 minutes ago, Warbonnet said:

Hahaha I heard the Antonov 225 landed in Shannon this week. Did you send it?? 😆

That's the one! Got a bit excited and sent it too early.

😂

1 minute ago, BosKonay said:

Dammit Jim! They have the whole roadmap!!!

Once those B&I ferries are on the map, that's all that matters! I hope that they float, though, so I can take one into the pool with me.

• Funny 2

8 minutes ago, Mike 84C said:

I wonder when the Crossley sound file will be available? I know getting in and out of Oz is difficult. When it happens it happens!

Exactly! We have a man primed and ready to go, but with their strict lockdown it's not possible right now. But we will get it, you can rest assured on that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Its a great time to be an Irish railway modeller, and certainly now as the A class has made it to our layouts,

Many thanks to Fran,Patrick,Stephen,Richie and others for all of the fantastic IRM products to date and making our dreams into reality,

Long may it last....the very best of luck to you all for whatever new products you have in the pipeline,

I'm off upstairs to allocate 8 out of the 10 A class locomotives to Fridays nights freight and passenger roster.......:dancing: 

• Like 5
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Warbonnet said:

Exactly! We have a man primed and ready to go, but with their strict lockdown it's not possible right now. But we will get it, you can rest assured on that.

Surely you can get an authentic Australian Crossley sound by simply installing the chip upside down?

(I'll show myself out....)

• Funny 9