IRM A Class Now In Production! Here's why you should get your pre-orders in sooner than later...

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

TBH , thanks for all the hard work and I hope you can catch your breath after a few hard weeks - Dublin based beverage ?  now required.  No doubt you will surprise us with more ace models to go with the coaches  and reruns of waggonery.  - 5 good choices ( if money was no object) suggested already ...

Thanks for all your work helping the marketplace and three thumbed average modelers like myself. 

Robert    

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Result,  postman just arrived with the rest of my orders and I was home alone, no explaining three large boxes to herself, bolted up two flights of stairs with one box at a time, couldn't have luck nearly torpedoed down the stairs on top of the third box, close call , just had a quick look at locos , man they are something else, I can only echo  all the other comments, superb quality and Thank you all so much for this loco.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Funny 2

30 minutes ago, John-r said:

Result,  postman just arrived with the rest of my orders and I was home alone, no explaining three large boxes to herself, bolted up two flights of stairs with one box at a time, couldn't have luck nearly torpedoed down the stairs on top of the third box, close call , just had a quick look at locos , man they are something else, I can only echo  all the other comments, superb quality and Thank you all so much for this loco.

Phew!

Very nearly one for the Railway Accident Investigation Unit.

• Like 1
  • Funny 4

I unpacked mine today. The wife promptly took the inside protective layers and put them under the sofa cushions as they had begun to sag, it worked now she is happy. 

Now I am wondering if it is cheaper to buy another "A "class and give the protective inner packing to the mrs or to to get the suite refurbished?

• Funny 9

I think (it does happen occasionally) that the 201 Metro Vic BO-BO "C" class would be a natural successor to the IRM "A" class. When the wife says "But you have them" I'll say "No I don't. The other ones have six axles and these only have four axles".

I am sure this would be of benefit to other members here......

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Noel said:

Nice, love the Airfix loco shed.

Thanks Noel, Still going strong but the Moulds are showing their age and I think these are done in Wales and some of the kits are badly warped. I think I read that some of them are pulled out of the mould too early.

Apologies on the over exposure to the yellow!

I got two parcels from IRM yesterday. They were well packed and of top quality. One was the 017 054 in Irish rail livery in one parcel and the second parcel was the A3R A Class locomotive by the Irish Traction Group. I saw the A3R A Class locomotive at the Wexford Open Day.  It was delivered in a lovely box. In my collection, I have Murphy’s Models Class 121 locomotive in RPSI livery. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

My son ordered 3 A Class locomotives and they were delivered last Friday. They were A12 Black with Yellow, A15 Black & Tan and A36 A Class Irish rail. They were brilliant and so, I have a great collection of A Class locomotives. We got a great variety of liveries in one batch. I’m looking forward to IRM’s next announcement. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Mine arrived this afternoon and brightened up a miserable, grey rainy day. I've only opened one example (048) so far but really, the sheer weight of this thing blows you away. It oozes quality like a Crossley engine oozes oil. It just looks "right". Well done to all involved.

It's much too early to change the subject from this excellent loco but I am already looking forward to the C Class 😉

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 3

The supplied screw link couplings in the accessory pack are a step up from other manufacturer's. Hopefully they will be available to purchase in the future in individual accessory packs. Everything about the loco including the box and booklet is quality. Take a bow Pat 

Rich,

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I head that we might have to wait on the C class due to the issue of fitting all the high quality stuff the A class set in standerds 😭😭😭😭

14 minutes ago, jhb171achill said:

I got all nine of my IRM “C”s this morning……

C201 (silver special edition) C227 (silver) C212 (unlined green) C231 (lined green) 

id buy all 4 of them even if they were 200 a pop 🤣🤣🤣

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Westcorkrailway said:

I head that we might have to wait on the C class due to the issue of fitting all the high quality stuff the A class set in standerds 😭😭😭😭

C201 (silver special edition) C227 (silver) C212 (unlined green) C231 (lined green) 

id buy all 4 of them even if they were 200 a pop 🤣🤣🤣

Me too, in reality. With many layouts based on branchlines, a “C” should be popular. Through the 1960s when most of the branches they were intended for had closed, they were to be seen on goods trains and shunting goods yards. Thus, one would be ideally suited to a 1960s small shunting layout too. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, connollystn said:

It's most likely that the next model from I.R.M. will be something modern like the Class 22 000 railcars as the current era isn't being being catered for and there needs to be something to keep young guys, like me, interested in railway modelling.

Does that make me, the young fella who eats up steam era stuff the exception or the majority…..asking for a friend 

Just now, spudfan said:

If it was a silver "A" with the Crossley engine as delivered, I'd say a tin of Dulux  black undercoat would give that authentic look😉

Silver really was the perfect primer for CIE oil black livery 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, connollystn said:

It's most likely that the next model from I.R.M. will be something modern like the Class 22 000 railcars as the current era isn't being being catered for and there needs to be something to keep young guys, like me, interested in railway modelling.

But there won't be a black and tan variant......

On 2/11/2021 at 9:52 PM, spudfan said:

I think (it does happen occasionally) that the 201 Metro Vic BO-BO "C" class would be a natural successor to the IRM "A" class. When the wife says "But you have them" I'll say "No I don't. The other ones have six axles and these only have four axles".

I am sure this would be of benefit to other members here......

Good heavens Spudfan dont tell her that , " six axles and four axles"   , it is a dead cert that herself like all the other herselfs in the country  would call in the men in the white coats to take us all away. 😂 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ak425 said:

Good heavens Spudfan dont tell her that , " six axles and four axles"   , it is a dead cert that herself like all the other herselfs in the country  would call in the men in the white coats to take us all away. 😂 

I can imagine the topics of conversation as we serve our sentence....

• Like 1

Jennifer E. Kirk mentioned the A Class on her 'Monday Club' YouTube channel [live every Monday evening]. She's going to record a review of locomotive so it'll be interesting to hear Jennifer's verdict. The Monday Club makes for good viewing and, if you haven't already seen it, you should check out Jennifer's interview with Fran of I.R.M. fame also.

• Agree 1