IRM A Class Now In Production! Here's why you should get your pre-orders in sooner than later...

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

15 hours ago, patrick said:

A55 on a short goods on the South Waterford line in the late sixties.

20211016_160749.jpg

O U T S T A N D I N G !!!

Registers particularly well with me tonight, as Barry Carse & I have just cycled on the Waterford greenway.....

One my all-time favourite layouts. Captures the atmosphere of those times better than just about anything!

18 hours ago, Colin R said:

Hay Murphaph I wonder how much people would pay if you could make a replica works plate say in resin 

It would depend on how many were made, and of what material. Most of the cost would be design and setting it all up, so a low "print run" would make the sale price outlandishly expensive for a replica.

I would buy one too, I reckon - but how many of all of us would?

Edited by jhb171achill
I’m
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, patrick said:

A55 on a short goods on the South Waterford line in the late sixties. Apart from the brake van which is scratch built all the wagons are Provincial Wagons kits. These kits are not at all difficult to build. Painting is even easier, all you need is rattle can of grey or brown paint. No masking required. 

20211016_160749.jpg

Thanks, Patrick, the dollar bills are in the post! Actually, seeing the black A Class, makes me sorry I didn't opt for one - looks good on the goods!

As always, the layout looks great - very impressed by the autumnal colours in the trees - do you change them to suit the season?

Get your kits from Lorna at Wexford next Sunday (24th).

PS She ain't got cattle wagons (e-mail /PM me if you need some), but corrugateds, H vans, double beets and my delightful GSWR brake van are all in the Dublin stock.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, leslie10646 said:

As always, the layout looks great - very impressed by the autumnal colours in the trees - do you change them to suit the season?

The layout is set in early October Leslie, in order to run beet trains. The year is currently 1974 but I'm slowly acquiring stock for a 1967 operating session. 

• Like 1

Dare I say it, Mr Davey, but I prefer the green livery with the stripe as you have above.

You've set me wondering if a green A Class ever ran over the Antrim Branch - Black 'n Tan B Class certainly did (albeit infrequently).

By the way, a very nice job with the point rodding.

Mr Dillane, I should have known that you would grow trees appropriate to the beet season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, leslie10646 said:

Dare I say it, Mr Davey, but I prefer the green livery with the stripe as you have above.

You've set me wondering if a green A Class ever ran over the Antrim Branch - Black 'n Tan B Class certainly did (albeit infrequently).

By the way, a very nice job with the point rodding.

Mr Dillane, I should have known that you would grow trees appropriate to the beet season.

Thank you Mr. McAllister!

Another package arrived this morning. Time for a photo before A23r relocates to a display case!

Possibly July-Aug 1971 recently re-powered A23r arrives in Keadue with an early morning a trip working from Sligo before working an overnight goods to the North Wall.

IMG_2072.jpg.938848962f971e2c55595a1478db32f9.jpg

At one stage there were plans for a Broad gauge Collonney-Arigna line and even a  proposal in the early 1902 to convert the C&L to Broad gauge!

• Like 7
  • WOW! 1

Correct me if I'm mistaken but there will be a regular on here who'll be attending the Wexford Model Railway Club open day next Sunday [24th inst] and he might have a few of the said As for sale. He's pulled a few rabbits* out of the hat for me.

*Not actual rabbits but a few rare model railway items I was lookoing for. 

• Funny 2

14 hours ago, Mayner said:

Another package arrived this morning. Time for a photo before A23r relocates to a display case!

Possibly July-Aug 1971 recently re-powered A23r arrives in Keadue with an early morning a trip working from Sligo before working an overnight goods to the North Wall.

IMG_2072.jpg.938848962f971e2c55595a1478db32f9.jpg

At one stage there were plans for a Broad gauge Collonney-Arigna line and even a  proposal in the early 1902 to convert the C&L to Broad gauge!

John, glad to see your model made it halfway around the world all the way to New Zealand so quickly. My loco orders haven't yet made it 20km from Dublin.

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

5 minutes ago, Noel said:

John, glad to see your model made it halfway around the world all the way to New Zealand so quickly. My loco orders haven't yet made it 20km from Dublin.

Hi Noel,

As you said you were away last week we held them for you. Would you like us to release them now for you?

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Warbonnet said:

Hi Noel,

As you said you were away last week we held them for you. Would you like us to release them now for you?

Cheers!

Fran 

Thanks Fran, but did I ask for them to be 'held'?

On what charges are they being held for pending 'release'? :) :)