IRM A Class Now In Production! Here's why you should get your pre-orders in sooner than later...

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

Hi everyone,

Weekly update time; only 2 IR 056s left, and 8 Special edition A1s.

A lot of As went out the door last week, we're really starting to run low on stock in general. 

Don't pay inflated second hand prices down the line, get your order in while the going's good! https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/a-class-locomotive/availability_in-stock?

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 3

Top Bombing! arrived today, 056 was intercepted by the wife. I said it was for some dudes weathering so got out of jail.

Had a peek a Lunch time, Certainly the pictures don't do this one justice. Perfectly finished, Came packaged to survive a nuclear bomb too. nice one to add to the stable

1 left now!

image.png.0f28cee5a3c930c7206ece6cc8e9c608.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 1

1 hour ago, Georgeconna said:

Top Bombing! arrived today, 056 was intercepted by the wife. I said it was for some dudes weathering so got out of jail.

Had a peek a Lunch time, Certainly the pictures don't do this one justice. Perfectly finished, Came packaged to survive a nuclear bomb too. nice one to add to the stable

1 left now!

image.png.0f28cee5a3c930c7206ece6cc8e9c608.png

I find it interesting that “James bond”007 and 056 did not sell as well as they I taught they would. The IR logo on supertrain livery just wasn’t attractive? I don’t model anything “orange” so I would not know. Is it keeping fleets of locos uniform with 071 and 141 fleets

Interestingly, A30 in original silver seems to be the least popular with 65 left as I type this.  I've seen one of these in person and they look stunning, I think definitely the most eye-catching livery so am surprised that this loco is the least popular even though A1 is almost sold out - the Special Edition factor probably explains that though.  Also interesting is that dark green A46 was very popular yet light green A42 is not.

Also - for some reason the very helpful customer reviews are only available on the .com version of the website and not on the .co.uk version?

5 hours ago, murphaph said:

The pics just don't do the silver ones justice IMO. The colour looks far far better in real life. I got A30 from Mark's and had it hand delivered by the mother, who "conveniently" lives around the corner from them lol. 

Totally agree - on the layout it looks very like the real thing (as delivered). I'm very glad I opted for it.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, murphaph said:

The pics just don't do the silver ones justice IMO. The colour looks far far better in real life. I got A30 from Mark's and had it hand delivered by the mother, who "conveniently" lives around the corner from them lol. 

And in all reality, while this "livery" only lasted three years or so, many of them were still running about like that (albeit in a filthy state) until the early 60s.... so for a 1955-65 layout, they're a perfect buy alongside the lighter green one. Surprises me, actually, that A46 - attractive as it is - sells better than the lighter green one, as the dark green was only applied to one or two of the class plus one C class, and was much shorted lived.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, jhb171achill said:

And in all reality, while this "livery" only lasted three years or so, many of them were still running about like that (albeit in a filthy state) until the early 60s.... so for a 1955-65 layout, they're a perfect buy alongside the lighter green one. Surprises me, actually, that A46 - attractive as it is - sells better than the lighter green one, as the dark green was only applied to one or two of the class plus one C class, and was much shorted lived.

A46 was just thee best looking A class hands down. A42 was the standerd and I’ll be honest. The reason it did not sell well is the photos do not do the livery justice. 1 trip to marks and it went up levels for me.

8 hours ago, Patrick Davey said:

Interestingly, A30 in original silver seems to be the least popular with 65 left as I type this.  I've seen one of these in person and they look stunning, I think definitely the most eye-catching livery so am surprised that this loco is the least popular even though A1 is almost sold out - the Special Edition factor probably explains that though.  Also interesting is that dark green A46 was very popular yet light green A42 is not.

Also - for some reason the very helpful customer reviews are only available on the .com version of the website and not on the .co.uk version?

A30 is my only A class loco (only silver ones made it to west cork rails) I wasn’t so sure of it myself until it arrived…..it looks stunning in person, just like A42 the photos don’t do it justice it deserves 

1 hour ago, Georgeconna said:

Question for the IRM Boffins.

One of the lads was weathering a Brake some time back and the printed letters came away with White spirit.

Are the A classes using the exact same printing process, just want to be sure if I weather one that the print does not come off.

MTIA.

G

One of my friends is involved in the fragrance/perfume/aftershave world and roped me into a 'research session' about some unisex fragrances.

I was asked "Do you wear a fragrance?" - I replied that "I only wear White Spirit by B&Q", as it does 'sound like a perfume', when said in the right context.

Later on, I checked, and it does exist :-

White Spirit 2002 by Galerie Noémie » Reviews & Perfume Facts

Tell The Boss that you've got her a bottle of white spirit for her birthday...

It seems to be only these islands where the term is used for that particular solvent.

• Funny 2

2 hours ago, Georgeconna said:

Question for the IRM Boffins.

One of the lads was weathering a Brake some time back and the printed letters came away with White spirit.

Are the A classes using the exact same printing process, just want to be sure if I weather one that the print does not come off.

MTIA.

G

Hi George,

I wouldnt use the white spirits on the print for sure.

Cheers!

Fran 

10 hours ago, Westcorkrailway said:

A46 was just thee best looking A class hands down. A42 was the standerd and I’ll be honest. The reason it did not sell well is the photos do not do the livery justice. 1 trip to marks and it went up levels for me.

A30 is my only A class loco (only silver ones made it to west cork rails) I wasn’t so sure of it myself until it arrived…..it looks stunning in person, just like A42 the photos don’t do it justice it deserves 

Hi @Westcorkrailway,

You make some points I fully agree with. The shade of green on A42 is really hard to make pop in photos for whatever reason, and silver seems to be a bit too. However, when we did the Wexford show, A42 and A30 were two of the first to sell out stock wise on the day, as when people saw them in the flesh, they loved them. They really pop when you see them for real and are very attractive. 

We found this with A12 too. Again, in the plastic it really pops, and looks fantastic (I guess I am biased!). All we need now is some easing of COVID restrictions down under and we can get the sound chip recorded finally to really add an extra dimension to the early ones. 

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Warbonnet said:

Hi George,

I wouldnt use the white spirits on the print for sure.

Cheers!

Fran 

Thats That Them! Cheers

I varnished over the Weed Spray markings to make sure they said put and they did.

I'll have to think about what I can do now as I mostly use Enamels.

Curious to know why the Baccy and Hornby stuff survive White spirts and IRM don't though. Obviously different pigments but why the need to do that? 

if you get any ol broken A class shells bang one down so I can practice on !  :)

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

Special edition A1 is now sold out. Thank you to everyone who ordered our beautifully presented class leader. 

A12 and 007 are the next most endangered species, with a smattering of stock each. Only 5 running numbers remain now though in total! Thank you to everyone who has ordered so far.

Don't miss out on yours https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/a-class-locomotive/availability_in-stock?

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, murphaph said:

With A1 selling out I'd expect sales of the remaining A30s to pick up pace also.

Such a nice livery. The nicest remaining livery in my opinion 

7763D34B-4661-4BAA-ADC5-8574D3FCA37D.thumb.jpeg.7c2275936442c038662b27991e5537b0.jpeg

41 minutes ago, Georgeconna said:

They will be sniped away at from here. Wonder what the last one standing will be!!

The bookies will put A30 odds on. But I think A42 will be the last to sell out 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Westcorkrailway said:

7763D34B-4661-4BAA-ADC5-8574D3FCA37D.thumb.jpeg.7c2275936442c038662b27991e5537b0.jpeg

Have to agree, they're stunning in silver. But then I am a tad biased. They just really show the detail around the bogies in a way the other liveries do not. 

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, Westcorkrailway said:

Don't  forget the 16 new release announcements from IRM for 2022 might have an impact on how fast the remaining A Class sell. Speaking of which, surely the first announcement must be imminent from IRM.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, iarnrod said:

Don't  forget the 16 new release announcements from IRM for 2022 might have an impact on how fast the remaining A Class sell. Speaking of which, surely the first announcement must be imminent from IRM.

I think it was 13. We already have the sambre meus bogeys on this side of 2022 already!

Edited by Westcorkrailway

29 minutes ago, iarnrod said:

Indeed. We have samples in hand….. :) 

13 hours ago, BosKonay said:

Our goal froM now on is to announce with a physical sample and less than 12 months to delivery, like the mk2’s. 

As Mr Punch would say ‘that’s the way to do it’. The long established manufacturers in the UK all have long leadtimes, very often with little idea of actual dates. Keep up the excellent work.

Stephen

• Like 3