Wexford Model Railway Club - Easter Layout Exhibition - 17/18 April

Rate this topic

Noel

Easter Sunday & Monday 2022

WMRC 12th Annual Easter Exhibition takes place on Easter Sunday 17th April (12:00-18:00) and Easter Monday 18th April (11:00 - 17:00) at St Joseph's Community Centre, Newline Road, Wexford Town, Y35 A66C. Enjoy the biggest layout exhibition hall in the country.

The exhibition will host a variety of model railway layouts, other model genres and trade stands. Refreshments will be available to all at the 'Station Café' which features home baking, sandwiches, soup, tea and coffee.

A full list of model layouts and traders will be posted here closer to the event. Below is a list of some of the exhibits that we hope to have on display. Invitations to exhibitors and traders have been sent out. Please contact us if you are interested in exhibiting at the show.

Keep up to date with WMRC on Facebook for updates and check back here for further details.

213369624_Draft2022poster.thumb.png.f65bcf93e69247d8ced66bb8f29128d5.png

https://www.wexfordmodelrailwayclub.ie/Exhibition-2022

Layouts & Exhibits
  • Rathmichael

• Ballygannon

• Over the Hill - A Corner of Wexford

• Bushville

• Wheal Rinn

• Shunter's Yard

• Prospect Road TMD

• Little Siddington

• Garrison Model Club

• Wheal Rinn

• Past Avenue

• Weston Interchange

• Jurassic Sodor

• Zwieselberg

• European Tramway

• Old Farm

• Hogans Halt

• Hayden Road

• Hornby Interactive Layout

Traders & Stands
  • Model Rail Accessories

• Gmodelscene.com

• Phillip McHugh American Model Rail

• Seán Ryan N Gauge

• Marks Models

• Brian Collins

• Martin O'Halloran

• Irish Retro Transport

• Provincial Wagons

• Top Choice Embroidery

• MERG

• RNLI

• Maritime Museum Rosslare

• WMRC second hand stall

• WMRC Station Café

Edited by Noel
bad link
  • Like 3
  • Informative 1

10 minutes ago, connollystn said:

@Noel - Thanks very much for the update. Looking forward to having a great day in Wexford this forthcoming Sunday.

Cheers, Enjoy. I like the big spacious hall they use which facilitates free flowing uncrowded movement, you can sit down and rest have a chat with other modellers in their superb Cafe.

Edited by Noel
  • Like 1

@enniscourthyman - Looking forward to seeing that layout ["Bushville"]. Recently purchased the Scale Trains SDL39 (Wisconsin Central #587) which is currently stuck in customs. It's my first North American diesel locomotive but I wanted something which doesn't take up much room.

• Like 2

On 14/4/2022 at 3:29 PM, enniscorthyman said:

I look forward to the show.I am down to run the Clubs USA layout "Bushville"which will have a Irish theme to it.

Call me old fashioned for my age, but would it not look better with American stock run on it, or should we be running that on something like Rathmichael now

1 hour ago, randallator said:

Call me old fashioned for my age, but would it not look better with American stock run on it, or should we be running that on something like Rathmichael now

Rule 1 of model railways! Also Eamonn and Enda did a fantastic job at renovating the layout, since they have no American stock their Irish stock will make an appearance!

We're looking forward to a good show over the next few days, and we hope many of you will join us to enjoy the model railways this weekend :)  

• Like 5
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, RobertRoche said:

Rule 1 of model railways! Also Eamonn and Enda did a fantastic job at renovating the layout, since they have no American stock their Irish stock will make an appearance!

We're looking forward to a good show over the next few days, and we hope many of you will join us to enjoy the model railways this weekend :)  

If only there were a club member with American stock who had specifically booked the 2 dates for the show off work so they could run said stock on Bushville, also as its a club layout rule 1 does not apply

1 hour ago, randallator said:

If only there were a club member with American stock who had specifically booked the 2 dates for the show off work so they could run said stock on Bushville, also as its a club layout rule 1 does not apply

Jaysus, if you want to bitch and moan, do it in private.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, randallator said:

Why should rule 1 not apply to club layouts?   

• Like 5

2 hours ago, randallator said:

Rule 1 applies no matter what. It's a hobby, and it should be enjoyed. Not be bound by certain rules.  

• Like 2
  • Agree 5

when i was about 10 or 11 i brought my h0 mehano train to the wexford exhibition at gorey and the exhibitor very kindly coupled it up to a set of toothpaste somthing or other coaches and did a few laps of the layout alongside all the irish stock.

made my week that did.

• Like 7
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Patrick Davey said:

The Modeller's Corner in Enniskillen has a good few in stock:

https://modellerscorner.co.uk

Quite a few 121's scattered about the show today for sure.

Bagged a nice Two Tone Green Baccy Class 47 with sound for 100 notes from Sean Ryan, Worth the trip alone, Just had a play with it there now and it is brand new!! Not even run!!

Enjoyed the day there, Left at 1745 and headed down to see the forlorn Port Lairge Wreck down in Saltmills then over to Portlaw to see the Malcomson's house, fish n chip in Youghal then. just in the door

image.png.766271ac6418301cd558d51499dc11a2.png

Edited by Georgeconna
  • Like 15
  • Informative 1

Had a great time at the show yesterday. Enjoyed a few cups of tea, sandwiches and cakes in The Station Cafe also. @enniscorthyman - I didn't realise that was the "Bushville" US HO layout as I was too busy admiring all the models on it. As ever, the O gauge layout was my favourite, would love to see an A Class in that scale.

• Like 4

I enjoyed a great show yesterday. There were great layouts and the food and tea in the Station Cafe was very good. In the O Gauge layout, the exhibitor put on the Class 37 Large logo livery with the Mark 1 coaches which look stunning. I’m very appreciative of this exhibitor. I got Mainline tank wagons for €10 each and a Mark 1 blue/grey corridor coach for €25. Great value for money. I got Oxford Diecast models. As usual, a very friendly show. I travelled from Cork. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Georgeconna said:

Bagged a nice Two Tone Green Baccy Class 47 with sound for 100 notes from Sean Ryan, Worth the trip alone, Just had a play with it there now and it is brand new!! Not even run!!

Enjoyed the day there, Left at 1745 and headed down to see the forlorn Port Lairge Wreck down in Saltmills then over to Portlaw to see the Malcomson's house, fish n chip in Youghal then. just in the door

That sounds like a lovely day out George.

Pity I'm so far away 🙄

It has its plus points living down here but also has its disadvantages.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

35 minutes ago, amdaley said:

That sounds like a lovely day out George.

Pity I'm so far away 🙄

It has its plus points living down here but also has its disadvantages.

We have fort Camden model show  in a few months, Upton steam rally and cork airport hotel model show to look forward to in cork 

perhaps there a little closer?

Edited by Westcorkrailway
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Georgeconna said:

Chuffed to have gotten this for a little lower then rrp

IMG20220418153108.thumb.jpg.fb5777afb7e905e53d937806eafcd93b.jpg

And to think I was going to settle for an IE one not five minutes before seeing it sitting there waiting for me 😃

IMG20220418153719.thumb.jpg.9398a2dbc9928e5d5d7a8c6eeec1c76f.jpg

Now to figure out the double heading lol 

Edited by Sean
  • Like 10

16 hours ago, Georgeconna said:

Hi George,

Every time I went to say hello to you & your Dad at the show I got distracted, then you had left, good to see you quys!

Eoin

4 hours ago, murrayec said:

Hi George,

Every time I went to say hello to you & your Dad at the show I got distracted, then you had left, good to see you quys!

Eoin

Yep Dude sorry man I was there till 1845 and Missed you as well.!! next time kid!! you were busy too!!

12 hours ago, connollystn said:

Had a great time at the show yesterday. Enjoyed a few cups of tea, sandwiches and cakes in The Station Cafe also. @enniscorthyman - I didn't realise that was the "Bushville" US HO layout as I was too busy admiring all the models on it. As ever, the O gauge layout was my favourite, would love to see an A Class in that scale.

lads were getting there heart broke with derailments on the inner track but class for sure.

• Like 1

Thanks for supporting Lorna at the Exhibition and thanks, Wexford MRC, for providing PW with a stand!

PHOTO-2022-04-18-11-18-20.thumb.jpg.5605850e55c0b9c508458a4743f0c2dd.jpg

I'm not sure what Fainne, Anthony's little girl, is looking at here (Mum's holding the camera)! Today was the second anniversary of Anthony's untimely death.

Apologies to the gent who wanted a second GSWR brake van - I recently repatriated three, as I was out of stock here in England! God-willing we'll be at Raheny and you can buy one there!

Leslie (Provincial Wagons)

• Like 10

Thanks, Nicholas for the video! 

For some reason, I really liked Rathmicheal - could it be the twelve (of my) double beets rushing round behind a variety of locos?

I liked the attention to little details on the line too - like the GSR concrete Milepost. Being a timer of trains, that's what I'm always looking out of the train window and trying to see!

Thanks for sharing, Eoin.

• Like 2