Hattons launch 'Irish' range of Genesis Coaches

Rate this topic

BosKonay

My order just appeared in my inbox this evening (NZ time) so friday morning EU time. B&T brakes included.

Slight price rise but less than initially feared when first reading the email.

Edited by chris

1 hour ago, Westcorkrailway said:

Question, has anyone at all managed to get the Black and Tan coach. I never ordered it but it seems that many found it missing when it came to brass tax 

Mine was included on the invoice for sure.

459056839_560136183014479_3710834868849958159_n.jpg

As a side-note to the Genesis generic coaches, it looks like Rapido are getting in on the act by producing their own "Evolution" range of generic pre-group style 48ft non-corridor carriages.

As ever, the question is: what are they based on? Is it a mix of different prototypes and, if so, which ones? Have they been compressed or stretched in any way?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, amdaley said:

There must be some way of measuring up the doors, panelling, etc. to see if those bits could be adapted into actual designs.

I'm thinking cut 'n shut...

• Like 1

Just got my invoice after sending a polite reminder email.

The total I was charged came out at £10 dearer than Hattons original prices, which is fine. However the invoice didn't mention VAT at any stage so I guess I'll have to assume it was not charged and An Post will add EU  VAT onto the total?

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, raymurph said:

What would you run the b'n't coach with? Craven's?

Not any of the other dark or light green 6 wheelers I presume?

Bredins, Laminates or Park Royals 

5 hours ago, Colin_McLeod said:

Included in my invoice. Screenshot_20240920_171854_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c459763a8d02a040c34a3a60aa7ddffb.jpg

You’re still being asked for £29 per coach? They’re asking £34 on my invoice!

HATTONS CIE 4 COACH PACK.

As this is the last thing I will ever get from Hattons it's nice to end on a high.

Lovely coaches with lots of detail and nice crisp lining and numbers.

Thanks to Rails of Sheffield for taking this project on. =D

013.JPG

014.JPG

015.JPG

016.JPG

017.JPG

• Like 18
  • WOW! 1

1 hour ago, minister_for_hardship said:

The flat roofed ones look MGWR-ish in profile at least.

True, and the elliptical-roofed ones are vaguely DSER like.

The clerestorey ones are as close as makes no odds to GSWR designs.

The panelling on the LNWR ones is inappropriate to anything Irish bar the DNGR.

None of the Hattons ones or these, unfortunately, are remotely like the BCDR or GNR, but the ncccis well enough catered for by repaints of quite a number of standard British LMS (not so much MR) designs.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Colin_McLeod said:

Included in my invoice. Screenshot_20240920_171854_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c459763a8d02a040c34a3a60aa7ddffb.jpg

Are Rails shipping these free of charge to Ireland? I'm being charged 15 GBP to post them to Germany, which I thought was alright in fairness. @jhb171achill mine are also listed as 29.13 GBP each. In the email it said they had held the price lower for pre-orders and anyone ordering later will pay more. It looks like you have been erroneously dumped out of the "pre-order" group.

Edit: Unless you provided a UK address to ship them to? Then they would be listed with UK Vat included and it might be right.

Edited by murphaph

1 hour ago, murphaph said:

Are Rails shipping these free of charge to Ireland? I'm being charged 15 GBP to post them to Germany, which I thought was alright in fairness. @jhb171achill mine are also listed as 29.13 GBP each. In the email it said they had held the price lower for pre-orders and anyone ordering later will pay more. It looks like you have been erroneously dumped out of the "pre-order" group.

Edit: Unless you provided a UK address to ship them to? Then they would be listed with UK Vat included and it might be right.

UK VAT prices as pre ordered, I can’t remember exact price when I ordered but it was only a few £’s cheaper per coach.

IMG_0340.png

• Informative 1

20 hours ago, murphaph said:

Price originally advertised by Hattons was £120 and £33 for four pack and single coach respectively. 

Prices on my invoice with UK VAT removed are £108.29 and  £29.13 and these prices equate to £129.95 and £35.95 with 20% VAT.

E mail from Rails explains slight price increase:

[quote]Due to the time elapsed since the announcement of the coaches, along with additional production costs and increased shipping charges, a slight increase in prices has become necessary. We have endeavoured to keep any price increases to a minimum.

If you wish to cancel your order, we are happy to accommodate this request. Please be aware that any future stock that becomes available for sale will be priced higher than the current pre-order price offered to you.[quote]

Postage to Ireland is not free. The £0.00 charge appears because I had not yet, at the time of the screenshot  selected my shipping option.

Edited by Colin_McLeod
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1