Hattons launch 'Irish' range of Genesis Coaches

Rate this topic

BosKonay

7 hours ago, Edo said:

Hi Guys

I'd say Rails are going in the same order that the invoices went out......i was among the last to get one so im not surprisesd. Also id say Uk deliveries seem to be going out - thats a big anount....all of us outside Brexitstan will have to wait....brexit has made moving goods a bureaucratic nightmare and all those commerical invoices in triplicate to all our individual addresses that have to be processed individually...this is a small family business - not Amazon.....hopefully Mr Starmer can work out something with the EU in the medium term cos its killing small UK businesses.....

The same feeding frenzy Panic at Missing Out appears to develop each time a new Irish RTR model is released on the market. I am not (yet) panicing although i have not received my order of Bulleid Opens or received an order update since paying for them along with a Park Royal  coach almost immediately after I received the invoice over 6 months ago. Hopefully my Park Royal and Bulleid wagons may arrive at some stage during the next 12 months.

At this stage I would ignore the bullshit about Brexit creating a nightmare for UK businesses exporting outside the EU. A large part of Rails business involves exporting British outline models to customers in North America, Australasia with plenty of experience in completing customs declarations.  Based in New Zealand Rails have been my preferred UK supplier for the past 20 years for rtr items and Peco track/points as they are difficult to match on price delivery and service, my MM 1st batch of B141-181 were supplied by Rails, suppose I had a soft spot for visiting the shop in Sheffield while living in and visiting the UK

Rails Customs Declarations/Commerical invoices for international orders are likely to be generated electronically using software similar to that used by businesses in most countries that ship internationally.

Although operating on a minute scale compared to Rails my businesses customs declarations are generated electronically (including the correct EU/Irish customs codes) on software provided by the Postal Service & DHL. No doubt Royal Mail and British based courier businesses have similar capabilities. 

Its possible to supply goods from outside of the EU to Irish (& EU) customers tax paid, but it works out a lot more expensive to the customer than simply paying the import Vat and the An Post/couriers processing fee upon arrival, its simply not worth bothering!

Now in my mid- late 60s I decided to call it a day on ordering new RTR releases as we have basically run out of storage space. Rtr models bought during the last 10 years in boxes in the garage, older models in display cases, little time likely to available for modelling during the next few years, best laid plans of mice and men etc.

Edited by Mayner
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Horsetan said:

Being cynical, I'd say the panic is more to do with missing out at the chance of turning a quick buck on eBay...

Or not having to pay the eBay prices later 😆 I know I bought at least one pack of wagons from IRM to avoid the hastle of dealing with that later. Worst case scenario you can sell the wagons for the same price you got them for 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mayner said:

The same feeding frenzy Panic at Missing Out appears to develop each time a new Irish RTR model is released on the market. I am not (yet) panicing although i have not received my order of Bulleid Opens or received an order update since paying for them along with a Park Royal  coach almost immediately after I received the invoice over 6 months ago. Hopefully my Park Royal and Bulleid wagons may arrive at some stage during the next 12 months.

At this stage I would ignore the bullshit about Brexit creating a nightmare for UK businesses exporting outside the EU. A large part of Rails business involves exporting British outline models to customers in North America, Australasia with plenty of experience in completing customs declarations.  Based in New Zealand Rails have been my preferred UK supplier for the past 20 years for rtr items and Peco track/points as they are difficult to match on price delivery and service, my MM 1st batch of B141-181 were supplied by Rails, suppose I had a soft spot for visiting the shop in Sheffield while living in and visiting the UK

Rails Customs Declarations/Commerical invoices for international orders are likely to be generated electronically using software similar to that used by businesses in most countries that ship internationally.

Although operating on a minute scale compared to Rails my businesses customs declarations are generated electronically (including the correct EU/Irish customs codes) on software provided by the Postal Service & DHL. No doubt Royal Mail and British based courier businesses have similar capabilities. 

Its possible to supply goods from outside of the EU to Irish (& EU) customers tax paid, but it works out a lot more expensive to the customer than simply paying the import Vat and the An Post/couriers processing fee upon arrival, its simply not worth bothering!

Now in my mid- late 60s I decided to call it a day on ordering new RTR releases as we have basically run out of storage space. Rtr models bought during the last 10 years in boxes in the garage, older models in display cases, little time likely to available for modelling during the next few years, best laid plans of mice and men etc.

If you added a Park Royal to an open order that would be why you don’t have it yet. If you want the opens shipped contact support and ask for the order to be split 

12 hours ago, Horsetan said:

Being cynical, I'd say the panic is more to do with missing out at the chance of turning a quick buck on eBay...

Unlikely, its a national Irish trait of leaving things to the last second = 'ah shur Ill get them again' - prime example the IRM 42ft x 3 pack, sells out in hours

• Like 2

Cavan were playing Armagh and the City's sidings were full, so the coaches of one of the specials was worked to Portadown by its train engine for berthing in a siding there.

They should have felt at home as a sister coach was already to be found in the "full brake" siding in the yard ....

IMG_0235.thumb.JPG.7683547a85e173ed8b35ae9291ba23f7.JPG

Mine were left on the doorstep, but I got home before the Camberley Mafia could pounce.

So, out of boxes to give them a look around - count wheels etc.

Then upstairs to see if they would move, so here's the result.

One of my thirds derails with alacrity and I upended it to check the wheels - the issue is with the middle axle which isn't moving side to side easily. One for another day - it's late and I have my talk to finish!

Edited by leslie10646
  • Like 13

49 minutes ago, Horsetan said:

Monitoring eBay for these things might be a start....

That doesn’t separate those who’ve bought and then just need to sell or those who have died or those who have a hundred valid reasons to sell on? Nor does it identify the seller nor where they acquired the items? It’s barely possible to monitor let alone police. 

13 minutes ago, BosKonay said:

That doesn’t separate those who’ve bought and then just need to sell or those who have died or those who have a hundred valid reasons to sell on? Nor does it identify the seller nor where they acquired the items? It’s barely possible to monitor let alone police. 

I reckon someone is a little upset at modern production / selling practices and refuses to buy things today - and not tomorrow when they are sold out. FOMO is not pushed hard enough really and there is not enough models made for everyone who wants one

• Agree 1

33 minutes ago, Blaine said:

I reckon someone is a little upset at modern production / selling practices and refuses to buy things today - and not tomorrow when they are sold out. FOMO is not pushed hard enough really and there is not enough models made for everyone who wants one

Market panic is the last thing anyone needs. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Horsetan said:

Market panic is the last thing anyone needs. 

Not at all - you want to sell things now and not later. The payment options are there too. Less of everything is being made now, so the quicker things sell, the quicker you can move onto the next model

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blaine said:

Not at all - you want to sell things now and not later. The payment options are there too. Less of everything is being made now, so the quicker things sell, the quicker you can move onto the next model

they will come out again. Ain't gonna sit on a tool for ages and not produce anything. Happening frequently now.

2 hours ago, Blaine said:

Got caught with the GT3 and its 1st production errors that were corrected on the 2nd run so the 1st batch is now very much reduced in value.  If an A Class new batch is released most likely will have the lighting correct. APT-E re released. GNR Single Re Released. I can go on. nothing is limited anymore, just the box and running number.

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

I’m sorry for all those whose orders of 6w coaches are taking an age to arrive. My only complaint was selecting Parcelforce Next Day, or whatever was the name for it. All other Cartier’s seem to work 7 day weeks but not Parcelforce. Anyway, the wait was worth it!

Stephen

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wexford70 said:

Paid on the 20th Sept, still waiting 😪

And.... same. I'm not in a great rush but when you don't know when they'll ship or guesstimate on intl. ship times it can be tricky to receive your parcel or not have it melt after delivery at the front door.🌇

Once, my wife has ordered some frozen goods which were delayed by a hurricane and arrived when we were out of town. Some models arrived at the same time and our kindly neighbor made sure they both made it to the freezer section in the garage 🤪

On 2/10/2024 at 8:06 AM, Georgeconna said:

they will come out again. Ain't gonna sit on a tool for ages and not produce anything.

Surprised that 'Steve'@DJ Dangerous hasn't take you up on phraseology, he's slacking 

On 1/10/2024 at 6:03 AM, Blaine said:

Unlikely, its a national Irish trait of leaving things to the last second = 'ah shur Ill get them again' - prime example the IRM 42ft x 3 pack, sells out in hours

Yeah, having an effing real J-O-B is such a drag. Imagine not being able to sit online like that :rolleyes: