Murphy Models Mk2d

Rate this topic

popeye

4 hours ago, raymurph said:

Get some more! I'd buy a egv and a buffet in IR livery if you got them back in stock. No other retailer gives the cash back rewards IRM does so it's slightly cheaper to buy from ye.

And free postage on all orders. 

Just now, BosKonay said:

And free postage on all orders. 

And your support helps fund more new irish models 

Well my EGV landed and had a chance to look over, MM5603A ,  in IR livery it looks the part just need to fanny with roof vents - black wash and a dot of black on exhausts to make it look like it has a hole.  I guess paint over the orange interiors - a bit lurid but at least it has an interior - any soul got phots of inside please. 

very please to see bogies are suitable of 21mm gauge and cleverly the brake block moulding can be reclipped to the outer spacing - neat design move. 

Very please to add coach to fleet - does take the "urgency" off finishing a couple of brass ones in the massive part started heap!

Thanks to all involved in rerun and distribution. 

Robert    

• Like 6

Hi Robert, if this is any help, the inside of the MK 2 gen van was a fairly bleak affair. Roof to floor was panelled with galvinised steel panels and  speckled two tone grey lino on the floor. Depending on how much you want to detail the inside?  The only colour on the inside was, raw timber bits , eg, some door frames, any timber in the guards compartment, seat, writing table etc were painted signal grey, the folding gangway doors were painted signal red on the inside, and other stuff like fire extinguisher boxes and crowbar boxes were also painted signal red. Cheers Paul....

• Like 3
  • Informative 4

@BosKonay do you know roughly when the new stock of MM mark2d EGV and Buffet car in IR livery will be arriving? I notice another retailer is also running low on their EGV stock and now I'm getting nervous of missing out a second time. This hobby is making me skittish. I may need some Prozac . Or an EGV.

• Funny 1

6 hours ago, raymurph said:

@BosKonay do you know roughly when the new stock of MM mark2d EGV and Buffet car in IR livery will be arriving? I notice another retailer is also running low on their EGV stock and now I'm getting nervous of missing out a second time. This hobby is making me skittish. I may need some Prozac . Or an EGV.

Was due yesterday but just arrived - it will be mid morning by the time it's checked and counted it, and we'll get it on the website before lunch 

Had ordered a couple of the Murphy Models Galway Livery but sent them back, just unhappy with the livery finish as previously mentioned here and the fact the gangways were grey. 😔 Very disappointed. But full marks to IRM for their customer support. 

• Informative 1
  • WOW! 1

7 minutes ago, Wexford70 said:

Had ordered a couple of the Murphy Models Galway Livery but sent them back, just unhappy with the livery finish as previously mentioned here and the fact the gangways were grey. 😔 Very disappointed. But full marks to IRM for their customer support. 

Was it just the gangways and the EGV livery, or was there anything else?

IRM Customer Service is always top notch!

Maybe @BosKonay could merge this Mk2D thread with the other one?

On 29/1/2024 at 10:44 AM, DJ Dangerous said:

Was it just the gangways and the EGV livery, or was there anything else?

IRM Customer Service is always top notch!

Maybe @BosKonay could merge this Mk2D thread with the other one?

One of the other carriages was missing the logo on the doors.  As said elsewhere, small mistakes but at the price I would prefer to spend on IRM models. 

Edited by Wexford70
typo
  • Informative 1

Dunno where the spec came from but certainly not sprung buffers one the ones I received this Morning. Doubtful they are metal too.

Have not run any but the Tension lock springs seem much more robust and less sloppy so fingers crossed they run a lot better.

Used the Cash back on these too, Took a right ol chunk out of the total! Sweet.

Better than the Lima ones though and pretty happy with them too.

image.thumb.png.65a81067f50f1510a7718d2a2ddd2b31.png

3 hours ago, Wexford70 said:

One of the other carriages was missing the logo on the doors.  As said elsewhere, small mistakes abut at the price I would prefer to spend on IRM models. 

True Should of plummed for the IRM ones myself, Better overall given the price.

Edited by Georgeconna
  • Like 1
  • Informative 1

1 hour ago, Georgeconna said:

Dunno where the spec came from but certainly not sprung buffers one the ones I received this Morning. Doubtful they are metal too.

Have not run any but the Tension lock springs seem much more robust and less sloppy so fingers crossed they run a lot better.

Used the Cash back on these too, Took a right ol chunk out of the total! Sweet.

Better than the Lima ones though and pretty happy with them too.

image.thumb.png.65a81067f50f1510a7718d2a2ddd2b31.png

True Should of plummed for the IRM ones myself, Better overall given the price.

But IRM are not producing MK11D's ???

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, BosKonay said:

Its no great secret that we will be doing all UK outline coaches and certainly all the crossovers in addition to irish only like our forthcoming Park Royals. 

I would certainly expect that but in due course. I would have thought Irish Mk11D's  may be a bit down the line, considering the MM releases have probably put a dent in short to mid term demand (regardless as to them being an upgrade).

• Agree 1

26 minutes ago, Ironroad said:

I would certainly expect that but in due course. I would have thought Irish Mk11D's  may be a bit down the line, considering the MM releases have probably put a dent in short to mid term demand (regardless as to them being an upgrade).

Other Marks are likely much closer at hand 🕒

1 hour ago, BosKonay said:

Its no great secret that we will be doing all UK outline coaches and certainly all the crossovers in addition to irish only like our forthcoming Park Royals. 

14 minutes ago, Bob229 said:

Mk 4 / Dvt  by any chance

Has to be Mk1 BCK's and BSK's!

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

The fear an phoist and the lads at IRM and of course Paddy honestly sure know how to treat me well!! Buzzing with this, finally have some prototypical Irish stock to run behind 080! Coaches look fab, a great job from the man himself! Thanks to the IRM crew too, arrived well packaged and very quickly too!! 

P.S. ignore the auld English yoke on the platform and the mess of the place too..!

Edited by 226 Abhann na Suire