Hattons is closing down

Rate this topic

Flying Snail

I wonder would an MM FB page be easier then running a website when it’s hard to keep updating said website 

7 hours ago, Colin R said:

I can't see anyone riding over the hill to buy the Hatton coaches tooling, which may be the biggest loss, I just hope someone somewhere is burning the midnight oil to try and do a deal for them. It looks like I made a mistake and only put mine down on the wish list and not as a firm pre-order.

I will have to wait to see if I can buy any of these coaches on the second hand market at some point.

The other alternative is to ask someone with a 3D printer to knock up some different versions at some point in the future.       

Are the pre orders sold out on the genesis coaches??

these 6 wheelers might have a greater resale value then most shtuff considering a re-run is looking to be near impossible  

eBay is going to be crazy 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

14 hours ago, Westcorkrailway said:

I wonder would an MM FB page be easier then running a website when it’s hard to keep updating said website 

Are the pre orders sold out on the genesis coaches??

these 6 wheelers might have a greater resale value then most shtuff considering a re-run is looking to be near impossible  

eBay is going to be crazy 

I feel that there's a general perception that Facebook-based businesses are less reliable than real-world businesses.

I'm sure that one of the forum web-genii, if that is the correct plural instead of geniuseseses, however, could help Murphy Models by adding a "news" widget to the Murphy Models website, which displays the most recent posts from the to-be-launched Facebook page.

I posted links on the Genesis thread the other day, of the only four coaches not sold-out on pre-order.

• Like 2

DHL delivered a few Hatton's parcels to me at lunchtime. Quite sad to think that there won't be any more, aside from the few held by Customs, and the Genesis coaches.

Some track that they were selling off cheap. I've already started chopping the sections down to size.

Looks quite good under the stock. Also have some transition sections to join the code 124 and 143.

Did anybody else get themselves any bargains in the closing down sale?

IMG_20240117_0116103.jpg

IMG_20240117_0116516.jpg

• Like 5

12 hours ago, DJ Dangerous said:

DHL delivered a few Hatton's parcels to me at lunchtime. Quite sad to think that there won't be any more, aside from the few held by Customs, and the Genesis coaches.

Some track that they were selling off cheap. I've already started chopping the sections down to size.

Looks quite good under the stock. Also have some transition sections to join the code 124 and 143.

IMG_20240117_0116103.jpg

IMG_20240117_0116516.jpg

Additional APT coaches and some N gauge items are currently en route from Hattons

End of an era sadly.  

• Like 5

12 hours ago, DJ Dangerous said:

IMG_20240117_0116103.jpg

IMG_20240117_0116516.jpg

Have a very tasty trunk, including a Mcburney DAF in OO, a silverfox MK3 DVT and PP coach(slightly damaged), a model rail sentinel in GSR livery that’s been chipped and weathered and about 5 packs of Dapol containers(last Cobelfret in stock, dong fang and Hapag, Yang mings and unpainted 45fts)

Going to wait till the end of this month to see if there is anything else good to throw in there, maybe a 1:400 747 or something 

Edited by MOGUL
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DJ Dangerous said:

Hey! Phrasing!

This is a family-friendly forum where a large amount of posters have a mental age under sixteen, please show some consideration!

😂😂😂

Picture for context, his name is lumpy and he lives in my garden.. 

IMG_4980.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Tarabuses said:

There's not much stock left in Hattons now and final orders must be placed by 2pm tomorrow.  The clear out of stock didn't take long in the end.

I'd say most of their stock was either returned to the manufacturer or else bought in bulk by another retailer as there was very little on sale in the first place after the closure was announced.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Tarabuses said:

There's not much stock left in Hattons now and final orders must be placed by 2pm tomorrow.  The clear out of stock didn't take long in the end.

They were quietly reducing orders in advance and stopped everything not delivered just before the announcement. Everything in hand was cleared by sales. 

16 minutes ago, Dunluce Castle said:

Not too sure if this is any good, but a sound decoder has been uploaded to the website. Last orders today at 2pm. Hope it is of use. 

https://www.hattons.co.uk/688111/murphy_models_mm0567_po_21_pin_digital_sound_decoder_for_murphy_models_class_121_locomotives_pre_owned_/stockdetail

No sound file loaded onto it, just lights and movement.

• Agree 1

Last ever trunk from Hattons arrived this morning, not quite my best one eve but deffo a good one.. They will be missed but my wallet will be €150-€200 a month better off, till I figure out some other way to spend it! 

IMG_5069.jpeg

IMG_5068.jpeg

IMG_5067.jpeg

IMG_5066.jpeg

• Like 10

On 31/1/2024 at 2:24 PM, Westcorkrailway said:

As of half an hour ago. Hattons website as stopped taking orders and the physical store is now closed. 

how will the pre orders work for the coaches? 

The information is in this very thread

• Funny 1

7 hours ago, Blaine said:

The information is in this very thread

And yet all you could type was this ?

On 31/1/2024 at 8:24 AM, Westcorkrailway said:

As of half an hour ago. Hattons website as stopped taking orders and the physical store is now closed. 

how will the pre orders work for the coaches? 

They will be produced per Hattons closing down letter but how and by whom will they be delivered is not known, so don’t bother reading the entire thread 

• Like 7
  • Agree 1

On 1/2/2024 at 11:26 PM, DiveController said:

They will be produced per Hattons closing down letter but how and by whom will they be delivered is not known, so don’t bother reading the entire thread 

Thanks Mammy, can you tidy my room and make me some food while you are at it please?

On 1/2/2024 at 11:26 PM, DiveController said:

Screenshot_20240206-080446~2.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Good that the database is still going to be available.

It would be great if they introduced a Trunk service  like Hatton's used to have and have the various shipping options without having to worry about the customs and VAT hassle.