Class 121

Rate this topic

Alan564017

16 hours ago, WRENNEIRE said:

Some good news Bob
Hopefully the Black & IR ones should ship this weekend and the remainder first week in December everything going well. Possible delays getting them to the retailers depending on the COVID situation but there definitely will be something to put under the Christmas tree  😷:banana:🎅

Excellent hopefully IE134 will be in before Christmas, Many thanks for the update

Anyone run a 141 with sound decoder on an analogue layout

Sorry I meant anyone run a 121 with sound decoder on an analogue layout

11 minutes ago, Bob229 said:

Anyone run a 141 with sound decoder on an analogue layout

Sorry I meant anyone run a 121 with sound decoder on an analogue layout

Yes to both. (ie on DC ) Sound and lights work.

On 28/10/2020 at 10:26 PM, Strimmers said:

nope just seems to be front and rear lights from what the dcc chip instructions say20201028_222142.thumb.jpg.aa2980143fe3aaa9b16e89a90fdec22b.jpg

There is a more comprehensive explanation of the DCC functions on the MM ESU chip here: http://www.murphymodels.com/Class_121_DCC_Information.docx

• Thanks 1
  • Informative 1

On 29/10/2020 at 11:13 AM, murphaph said:

It's relatively straightforward to install a resistor in series with cab lights to dim them right down to realistic levels.

Yea but customers of RTR products should not have to do that, only skilled enthusiasts perhaps. Products should just work out of the box as they do in this case, without need for modifications.

9 hours ago, Georgeconna said:

Tks kid.

Bit Touch n go so but the time the come into Ireland, Processed and get over to UK and back for Xmas in the Emerald Isle

Just got sent piccies of the back log in some airport in China, its Mental overthere, Cant spot any MM boxes!

Zhengzhou Xinzheng International Airport

image.thumb.png.386a25dfc41ab43ab3d3ebbe8053253e.png

MM stuff does not go back to the UK man, he distributes it from here, he usually drops my bits off on his way back from the Airport!

• Like 2

I wonder how strict customs will be on the 1st of January. I can imagine they might show some degree of leniency and wave through parcels postmarked December and only start stopping stuff actually posted from the first. It's important because the postal system will choke up straight away due to the amount of UK->IRL parcels that currently go through virtually no customs processing. Parcels posted second class before the end of the year could easily get stuck behind parcels posted later.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Bob229 said:

Excellent must get a sound decoder for 121,  Thanks for your help Noel

PS: Opps just thought of this. For anybody getting a decoder to run on a DC layout, please ensure your provider enables the DC bit of CV29 so that it will run on DC. If you have a DCC controller that's easy to do oneself, but assuming anybody getting a 121 decoder to run on DC won't have a DCC controller to programme the decoder. Alternatively visit a pal who has a DCC system, pop loco on the test track and make the setting. Some system have nice english menus that guide through the steps rather than you needing to know CV values.

EDIT: The default setting for the DC operation setting may or may not be set out of the box.

Edited by Noel
  • Informative 1

58 minutes ago, BosKonay said:

Part of them yes.

That's brilliant! Peace of mind for customers... I'm sure that I'm not the only one who was dreading January 1st.

1 hour ago, murphaph said:

I wonder how strict customs will be on the 1st of January. I can imagine they might show some degree of leniency and wave through parcels postmarked December and only start stopping stuff actually posted from the first. It's important because the postal system will choke up straight away due to the amount of UK->IRL parcels that currently go through virtually no customs processing. Parcels posted second class before the end of the year could easily get stuck behind parcels posted later.

I'm sure that I read recently somewhere that UK businesses have openly stated that they won't be ready to adopt the new customs systems by January 1st, so whatever happens with a choke-up, it will probably be even worse than we can imagine!

This is what I had been thinking of:

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-54706263

Edited by DJ Dangerous
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Georgeconna said:

Sorry lads,

I know its out there but just spent the last 10 mins trying to locate it and I failed

to confirm the next Batch due in are the B&T and the Supertrain liveries?

After that then the Tippex?

That is what I believe the man from Uncle said a few weeks ago (ie @WRENNEIRE)

This version arrived on the layout this week from a local workshop:

Edited by Noel
  • Like 2

George,

Found this in the IRM Stocking Murphy Models 121 Locomotives! topic, Page 6, September 19.  Text is,

Latest news from Murphy Models is that the  CIE  black’n’tan (MM0125, MM0131) and IR 121s (MM0127, MM0130, MM0133) will ship at the end of Sept.

The CIE Supertrain (MM0126, MM0132) and IE (MM0124, MM0129, MM0134) will ship at the end of Oct.

Almost there now.

• Like 2
  • Informative 1

7 hours ago, WRENNEIRE said:

A quick look at CIE
P1120878.thumb.JPG.4414d421ba87d3af4eb96a6778d300ce.JPG

CIE Black and Tan livery looks absolutely excellent. Good to hear IR livery in this batch too, also an attractive corporate livery. Will these ship to customers from Ireland or UK? Might be a while if the latter due to slow post.

Edited by Noel
Typo lexdysia

10 minutes ago, Noel said:

CIE Black and Tan livery looks absolutely excellent. Good to hear IR livery in this batch too, also an attractive corporate livery. Will these ship to customers from Ireland or UK? Might be a while if the latter due to slow post.

BosKonay recently posted that theirs will ship from Ireland.

Yes, IR 121's and IR Ballast wagons!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, DJ Dangerous said:

BosKonay recently posted that theirs will ship from Ireland.

Yes, IR 121's and IR Ballast wagons!

Indeed! We did state a number of months ago that we were working on a range of contingencies for Brexit and indeed anyone who ordered a Murphy models DCC decoder from us in the last month would’ve had direct next day delivery via on post from our new facility. All 121 and future IRM shipments will go directly from Dublin.