Class 121

Rate this topic

Alan564017

1 minute ago, BosKonay said:

Indeed! We did state a number of months ago that we were working on a range of contingencies for Brexit and indeed anyone who ordered a Murphy models DCC decoder from us in the last month would’ve had direct next day delivery via on post from our new facility. All 121 and future IRM shipments will go directly from Dublin. 

Any plans to start selling Club Orange or Tayto crisps through the website? Could do with either or both, too.

🤣

• Like 4
  • Funny 3

1 hour ago, BosKonay said:

Indeed! We did state a number of months ago that we were working on a range of contingencies for Brexit and indeed anyone who ordered a Murphy models DCC decoder from us in the last month would’ve had direct next day delivery via on post from our new facility. All 121 and future IRM shipments will go directly from Dublin. 

like02.gif

Edited by Noel

I guess anything that stops multiple new border crossings must help in keeping costs under control, I am sorry on a personal level that these changes have been required but it is indeed the "price" of democracy in its many colours at this time.

I look forward to IR 121s before three long and hopefully before border doors slam shut..  Sadly A class will incur added costs due this change  or "new opportunity" as UK gov sees it in the world of flat spins.. 

Robert  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, murphaph said:

I'm in Germany. Will my parcels be shipped from Dublin too? Are we looking at increased postage rates to the rest of the EU? (Thanks to Brexit, No criticism of you guys. You can only do your best to work around the circumstances)

Nothing will change. 

Can I join in on the 20 or is it 200 question time?

I have 3 IE liveried 121's which may not arrive until post January pre-paid plus 2 A Class pre-paid. Does this mean I will now be liable for import duty to the UK from IRM in Dublin.

I think I probably will be but the Mrs has been dropping hints about her  Christmas presents and it could well be that she will have to settle for a Mars Bar and even the dogs might end up with a couple of dog chews. I'll be a bit upset if the dogs have to go without!

• Funny 5

First point is that there is no duty on model railway items at all worldwide. 

Second point is that we have contingency in place to cover any eventuality but until we see what January looks like we can’t take any more concrete action. 

One thing we are certain of is that no customer orders will incur any additional Costs. 

hope that helps!

Brilliant news , just hope nobody of (in)substance in what might be called the UK government  has a bright idea ! - mind you past perf does mean we are pretty safe !!! 

Sweaty palms at idea of big box gypsums and 121s landing shortly. Can join a MM 201 in Enterprise livery that came this week...  might be on dog chews myself ..   

cheers

Robert  

Well I have waited a long, long time for this day! And with huge thanks to Sean Hogan for the use of his excellent layout, the nourishment and the constant banter flowing between Sean, Joe Dave, Richie and myself, here is B131 in action with a rake of 22 goods wagons from all over the island. The sound is via Wheeltappers 645 decoder, which I know is not prototypically correct, but it's all I have and it sounds terrific, not to mention the driving experience which must be the closest thing to driving the real thing!!!! Paddy Murphy has brought the best Christmas present to me so take a bow and take a well deserved and well wearned rest! 

Edited by fishplate7
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • WOW! 3

1 hour ago, leslie10646 said:

Great stuff, Fp7. Wonder where you got the wagons from - they look familiar!

Indeed they should Leslie! And with more bespoke Provincial  Wagons to add I will soon have a right old stable of Irish loose coupled goods wagons to improve it even further!

Edited by fishplate7
Adding info
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, fishplate7 said:

Well I have waited a long, long time for this day! And with huge thanks to Sean Hogan for the use of his excellent layout, the nourishment and the constant banter flowing between Sean, Joe Dave, Richie and myself, here is B131 in action with a rake of 22 goods wagons from all over the island. The sound is via Wheeltappers 645 decoder, which I know is not prototypically correct, but it's all I have and it sounds terrific, not to mention the driving experience which must be the closest thing to driving the real thing!!!! Paddy Murphy has brought the best Christmas present to me so take a bow and take a well deserved and well wearned rest! 

Fab-U-Lous

• Like 1

21 hours ago, WRENNEIRE said:

A good hint for some of you ham handed modellers out there
Saw this today while Fishplate was busy running his new locos
Use these coloured tags to indicate which ends match when putting your loco back in its box.
Why anyone would want to take it out is beyond me!
20201122_164740.thumb.jpg.a8dec361c0ad9d16ed33148a7cab779d.jpg20201122_164740.thumb.jpg.f1231981761df1a3cf068928c6b028f8.jpg

The Yellow dots are to indicate the cab end when putting the 121 back into its foam cradle .

• Like 1

That's my favourite livery especially without the walkway hand rails as per the delivery grey 121s early 1960s.  One of the things that struck me about these models is the incredible glazing with scale sized rubber window seals. A master piece. Interesting on B125 the walkways rails have not yet been added yet the tablet catchers have been removed. IMHO, the most attractive livery scheme CIE ever had. 

• Like 1

They look great. Pity about the error in the details. The maker lights are completely wrong for the IR versions. The head lamp boxes were white and not silver. 133 was supposed to have dayglow. 127SA is not in the correct place on the sides. 

I suppose beggars can't choose.

Credit where it is due to Mr Murphy for great models regardless. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, BEANO3005 said:

They look great. Pity about the error in the details. The maker lights are completely wrong for the IR versions. The head lamp boxes were white and not silver. 133 was supposed to have dayglow. 127SA is not in the correct place on the sides. 

I suppose beggars can't choose.

Credit where it is due to Mr Murphy for great models regardless. 

Yes , there are a couple more I’m sure , the snatchers are not perfectly correct  on the B121 and B135 , however these are minor niggles a lot of these can be corrected easily enough and do not take away from the fact that these are an  absolutely superb model , none of the other models 141 , 181 071 and 201 had so many modifications  / variations on the original locos as the 121 class no handrail / handrail, std centre window/small centre window , MU socket / no MU socket, vent on side skirts / no vents on side skirts , door vents / no door vents , blanked out cab windows, roof aerials , then add all the liveries, you can see why it’s taken so long to deliver this project , a lot of model manufacturers or commissioners would have run down the road screaming at the thought of taking  on the 121’s , but Paddy Murphy took on the project and has acquitted himself superbly in fairness. 

Edited by flange lubricator
  • Like 8

12 minutes ago, DJ Dangerous said:

How about everybody holds on the bloody nitpicking for a few weeks?

I for one, will be waiting a few weeks to receive mine, and I don't want the moment ruined weeks in advance with lists and lists of imperfections.

Please!

Ignore it and enjoy there lovely models when they arrive. I pay no attention to nitpicking  myself, especially not from people who pop up on the forum ONLY to post negative opinions.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1