Class 121

Rate this topic

Alan564017

14 hours ago, murphaph said:

Hattons have placed my 3 IR 121s in my trunk so they are in stock (though sold out on pre-order). Fingers crossed they ship them asap and that they get here before Brexit because I've paid UK VAT on them now.

I see Rails of Sheffield are doing the same so they must have received stock so hopefully they will be shipped soon. 

2 hours ago, flange lubricator said:

I see Rails of Sheffield are doing the same so they must have received stock so hopefully they will be shipped soon. 

nice one, Better ship my lot in one batch, They sent them separately the last time losing me cold hard cash.

If it happens again I'll go to Hattons and use the Trunk option.

1 hour ago, Georgeconna said:

nice one, Better ship my lot in one batch, They sent them separately the last time losing me cold hard cash.

If it happens again I'll go to Hattons and use the Trunk option.

Hi A while back RoS tried the same with me and a quick conversation got an apology and refund on one item as a good will gesture.  Hattons before Trunking did same when two packers send individual parcels on same day.  

3 hours ago, Robert Shrives said:

Hi A while back RoS tried the same with me and a quick conversation got an apology and refund on one item as a good will gesture.  Hattons before Trunking did same when two packers send individual parcels on same day.  

That was nice, I got zero and I have requested the next lot be sent out as one and I got back the snip below.

Bit annoyed with the lack of actual assistance for a customer that has spend a good few bob with them over the past while and then we I had that my order for the W1 was Cancelled, then the New coach to go with the rocket over the big H Spat was cancelled due to the spat with the red box lads. Got the Rocket coach in the end direct from Hornby.

I was told then on an earlier mail that Apparently they can hold things for 8 weeks before sending but in the reply below they cant!

image.thumb.png.509f81f20eabe8b8dd0e5f4b6ed1b2d5.png

16 minutes ago, Georgeconna said:

That was nice, I got zero and I have requested the next lot be sent out as one and I got back the snip below.

Bit annoyed with the lack of actual assistance for a customer that has spend a good few bob with them over the past while and then we I had that my order for the W1 was Cancelled, then the New coach to go with the rocket over the big H Spat was cancelled due to the spat with the red box lads. Got the Rocket coach in the end direct from Hornby.

I was told then on an earlier mail that Apparently they can hold things for 8 weeks before sending but in the reply below they cant!

image.thumb.png.509f81f20eabe8b8dd0e5f4b6ed1b2d5.png

I'd email them telling them I'd not be ordering from them again

• Like 2

10 hours ago, murphaph said:

I wonder will we see more UK retailers offering a trunk service to cut down on customs handling fees and shipping costs after Brexit.

I wonder if some of these shops might open a branch in Ireland to get over the boarder controls and still deal with in europe?

Colin

4 hours ago, Wexford70 said:

I find Kernow Models very accommodating when I have used them. Very personable service.

I used them as they have a loyalty scheme but they have a  bizarre way of charging your credit card on ordering and then crediting it costing you money. I steered away on my last order over this arseways of doing things. They lost over 1K of business over not crediting me the difference in FX rate in the 2 days it took to do this maneuverer.

8 hours ago, skinner75 said:

I'd email them telling them I'd not be ordering from them again

I ordered the last batch of 121 from the old Boss in Marks....easier and with Brexit did not want to take the chance!

• Like 1

Well the good new 5 are on their way in 1 lot from ROS!

Not looking forward to VISA in Jan that for sure as hell  looking forward to playing with these babies with the IR ballast set behind them!

YOUR DETAILS FOR ORDER WEB-399202-69450-*************

Name: George Norman (georgenorman70@gmail.com).
Delivery address: DB Schenker, Air Import Dept, Unit 2, Harbour ,

This delivery makes up part of your order:
1 item was previously dispatched, 1 item was previously dispatched, 5 items in this delivery, 2 items to follow later.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, DJ Dangerous said:

Marks Models' website still says "pre-purchase" . They've been green flagged for days now.

Are they actually in stock at Marks? Or is this just a publicity stunt?

You can pre purchase them as they aint in stock and they take the cash straight away!

Edited by Georgeconna
  • Funny 1

6 minutes ago, DJ Dangerous said:

Marks Models' website still says "pre-purchase" . They've been green flagged for days now.

Are they actually in stock at Marks? Or is this just a publicity stunt?

See the link I posted above, they've got pics on the Facebook page.

2 minutes ago, BosKonay said:

They have officially landed. IRM preorders for IE and Supertrain liveries will start despatch Monday :)

Wonderful! Have both Supertrain locos arrived?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JasonB said:

If it's an issue for someone, it can be easily sorted. I certainly won't be loosing any sleep over it. Too good a model for that. 

We have a minister for hardship on here. I think we have a minister for complaints also 😄. As Jason says easily sorted.

Rich,

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

2 hours ago, Irishswissernie said:

Hopefully my 3 Irish Rail models will arrive in  Haltwhistle soon from IRM, seems to be taking a rather long time. If my 3 IE on order from IRM ones catch them up and Madame is around to see all 6 land here it could be a rather frosty Christmas!

If your order of both the IR and IE versions in a single order they will ship as a single order just as a reminder. If you prefer to split them get in touch and we can do that!

2 hours ago, Irishswissernie said:

Hopefully my 3 Irish Rail models will arrive in  Haltwhistle soon from IRM, seems to be taking a rather long time. If my 3 IE on order from IRM ones catch them up and Madame is around to see all 6 land here it could be a rather frosty Christmas!

Haltwhistle ain't that served by a 2ft gauge railway now? could explain the delay and you may have to wait for the santa speical to run 😄 😄 😄

Colin

• Funny 1

Ah! Thats what has confused me because I also ordered the 2 silver ones on the same order and they have already arrived several weeks ago.

2 minutes ago, Colin R said:

Haltwhistle ain't that served by a 2ft gauge railway now? could explain the delay and you may have to wait for the santa speical to run 😄 😄 😄

Colin

No the 2' gauge South Tynedale railway doesn't reach Haltwhistle, its up the valley at Alston end of the old branch and in any case  the operating company has gone bust (The actual line is a different organisation) No trains this year and nobody to operate it next year yet!

• Thanks 1
  • Informative 1