IRM Fert Wagon

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

Got Mine yesterday along with some keg wagons, The Squeeking has gone (have it on the Mags though, drop of oil fix that) The new Ferts make the MIR's look Extremely Poor by comparison.

Only downside is the couplings still don't centre on these bogie wagons, I also tried the bar link but due to the coupling sticking they derail.

On the plus side changed the IRM coupling on the A class to a shorter Bachmann one and it does not droop under the other wagons couplings when shunting in reverse.

all good fun though watching them run around the track.

So the new run of fertiliser wagons  reached New Zealand nine days ago, the new unladen bogie flat wagons are already appearing on ebay at inflated prices yet in Co. Down in the North of Ireland, I believe, my orders of both may appear some time next week. 

Brexit? .... Brex-sh*t more like.

This is not at all a criticism of IRM I hasten to add, but would it not be feasible for customers from the six counties to continue to order from the IRM.com website and have our orders shipped from Dublin? I know that NI is no longer in the EU customs union but (as I understand it) the NI protocol has ensured that many of the same rules apply. I would be quite happy to order from IRM.com and pay in Euros, as I have done in the past , rather than be forced to the Accurascale site and have to wait for a couple of weeks longer for much anticipated releases.

I should finish by saying that the models look fantastic and I know that an extra few days waiting for them to arrive, in the grand scheme of things, is probably a small price to pay for such quality, but maybe the above could still be considered an option?

OK, rant over, I'm off to take my blood pressure medication.

Have a lovely day everyone. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

18 hours ago, Westcorkrailway said:

And gouldings…

yknow…I think I know somone who made these type decals 😉. perhaps he should produce them for a few bob

I have a hazy memory of the original Fert CAD working having branded sacks, but I can't find the image on the site to confirm.

I also have a hazy memory of somebody, possibly Dive Controller, subsequently asking about the change, and one of the lads, possibly warbonnet, saying that they'd had to revise the loads and leave the logo off.

Also possible that it was all a dream.

But yeah, I'd definitely buy a few stickers for my unbranded pallets.

If I was to do the transfer sheets, I'd probably do say enough for half a rake/4 wagons per sheet with a couple of spares for mistakes. How much would folk be prepared to pay inc postage for such a sheet? I don't want to rip anyone off but I don't want to rip myself off time-wise either. Time is precious and all that. Please bear in mind these transfers are only designed to make the fert pallets look like they are pallet wrapped when they are inserted into the wagons. There is no decoration on the sides or anything, though this makes application very straightforward. You just drape the transfer over the top and smooth out with your wet fingers. The transfer paper used is quite thick and completely opaque white so it actually looks like pallet wrap if you ask me. By the way, I'm not really sure it's appropriate to "hijack" the IRM thread for a "commercial" (he said very much tongue in cheek!) purpose like this. Apologies if it's unwelcome but the transfers have come up a number of times now both here and on Facebook so I thought I should see if there is genuine demand. If this discussion should be in another thread of its own please move it out of here.

• Like 4

On 12/11/2022 at 9:16 PM, murphaph said:

I will be going ahead folks. There's been enough +ive feedback to justify producing a few units of these at least. I have outlined the details in a classified instead of clogging up this thread. That should go live whenever a mod has a chance to ok it. 

So, you have quite a bit of globetrotting ahead of you.

• Funny 1

46 minutes ago, Irishswissernie said:

Has anyone in the UK had their new run of fertilisers yet? I havn't and presume they are still stuck in Customs!

Getting fertiliser through UK customs from Ireland will always result in them paying a bit more attention to the consignment...

They're probably in a bucket of wet sand in the middle of a car park, awaiting attention.

• Funny 6