IRM Fert Now Available To Pre-order

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

The fertiliser wagon packs left China in the last 48 hours by air and should be with us by the end of the week. 
We have suspended preorders until the stock is in hand and tested. 
All paid preorders will be dispatched late next week through into the week after. Thereafter we will open sales of the remaining packs on the website. 
Many thanks for your support!

2 hours ago, BosKonay said:

The fertiliser wagon packs left China in the last 48 hours by air and should be with us by the end of the week. 
All paid preorders will be dispatched late next week through into the week after. Thereafter we will open sales of the remaining packs on the website. 

Good to know, thanks Stephen,,,looking forward to the Ferts..

• Like 1

On 1/25/2020 at 12:42 PM, BosKonay said:

Thanks for the info

On 12/12/2019 at 8:40 AM, DiveController said:

NIR used the 111 Class to haul fertiliser trains through to Derry, I don't know if the NIR loco took over at Dundalk or Adelaide.

121s were occasionally used to haul fertiliser trains during the early 1990s. 

I once saw a single 121 departing Cork on the Dublin line with an empty fertiliser on a Saturday evening in 93, the fertiliser departed shortly before the up evening Dublin passenger, I am not sure if the passenger overtook the freight at Rathpeacon Yard or Mallow, the surprising thing was that we overtook another 121 on a north bound fertiliser train at Limerick Junction.

At the time I met a Cork Gricer who said Motive Power control must have been desperate to put a 121 on a fertiliser train and that works were due to start on a new Down Platform at Limerick Junction the following week😉

• Informative 1

16 minutes ago, jhb171achill said:

The one which appears to be "topped and tailed" is most likely something to do with a breakdown. I doubt very much if they ran like this (both powered - no suitable control gear) - it's probable that one loco is towing the other 

Both locos were crewed and on full power on the bank out of Ballymena. The rear one was detached at Ballymoney as one could cope on the relatively level line on to Derry . A double headed version ran once too around this time quite a rare operation.

• Like 2
  • Informative 1

There's an excellent feature called Memories of the Railway in Castlerock by Des Crockett in IRRS Journal 191 (Oct 2016), detailing the fertiliser trains (and freight in general) on the Derry line, with the different motive power combinations being illustrated, including the NIR 70 Class railcars.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, 40 milepost said:

Both locos were crewed and on full power on the bank out of Ballymena. The rear one was detached at Ballymoney as one could cope on the relatively level line on to Derry . A double headed version ran once too around this time quite a rare operation.

That’s a completely new one to me - many thanks!

I’ve a notion I saw a pic of two Hunslets double-headed on it at Castlerock one time - would that be correct? 

Ferts on the Way!

Our highly anticipated fertiliser wagons are almost here and will be dispatched from mid February. We managed to get these beauties out of China before their new year celebrations and look forward to their arrival.

68212622_ProductionFerts.thumb.jpeg.044f5a6f5013505d39396b8f347ad6d5.jpeg

We recently took these production samples to South Dublin Model Railway Club and posed them on their 'Kildare' layout, where they look right at home!

All current pre-orders will be fulfilled first, and once they are clear the limited remaining stock will be open to customers to buy. They wont hang around, so keep an eye on this thread, our website and subscribe to our newsletter at the bottom of our home page to make sure you are prepared! https://irishrailwaymodels.com/

• Like 8
  • WOW! 2

Hi everyone,

The ferts have arrived and we are currently packing up all the pre-orders for dispatch. This will take us a few days due to the levels of pre-orders so please be patient. Once these are clear we will open up the order book for the remaining stock.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Robert Shrives said:

Thanks guys,

E mail today saying on the way ! Looking forward to these and future A class fun!

Robert  

Yes same here but as they are shipping from abroad could take more than the 24hrs by courier we became accustomed to with the ballasts and cement bubble deliveries from Dublin.

• Informative 1

1 hour ago, Railer said:

Yeah delivery takes 7 working days for me now as apposed to next day delivery before everything because UK based due to Brexit.

Hi Railer,

7 seems unlikely given that everything is shipped either next day DPD if you are going for paid shipping or Royal Mail 48 hour tracked otherwise. The worse we've seen to date has been 4 working days, with full tracking and visibility so if you've seen 7 days or more recently, please PM me the details so I can investigate.

In terms of 'why UK' accurascale now accounts for 90% of all our revenues and is literally paying for the irish models - which is great news for Irish models as we've a very exciting roadmap of same coming in 2020! The small tradeoff is that its also cheaper for us to centralise warehousing in the UK and cheaper for us to send parcels from Peterborough, than from Dublin!

On 7/26/2018 at 5:37 AM, Warbonnet said:

Accurascale and IRM are two separate entities, so both must be viable and succeed. We cant make 5,000 plough vans and leave 3,000 to rot on the shelves using Accurascale money. It doesn't work that way sadly!

9 minutes ago, BosKonay said:

In terms of 'why UK' accurascale now accounts for 90% of all our revenues and is literally paying for the irish models - which is great news for Irish models as we've a very exciting roadmap of same coming in 2020! The small tradeoff is that its also cheaper for us to centralise warehousing in the UK and cheaper for us to send parcels from Peterborough, than from Dublin!

Two years ago I expressed the hope that since both companies are owned by your good selves some accommodation might be possible with the manufacturer, so whatever has changed I applaud that=D and many here will be happy with the increased variety and availability of Irish stock. 🥰Send them from wherever you like! :D

• Like 3